Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 13 Vote(s) - 4.38 Average
Spoiler Plot Discussion Thread *Spoiler Alert*
Alardem Offline

Threads: 17
RE: Plot Discussion Thread *Spoiler Alert*

Could it be that Compound X provides some form of virtual invulnerability to whoever is imbued with it? The one Pig-Man whom you manage to electrocute is nonetheless only immobilized (you can clearly see him breathing), and if we're running with this theory that you play as some unnatural abomination then that would explain why you cannot permanently die.
09-16-2013, 12:58 AM
Find
VaeVictis Offline

Threads: 10

I must say, I'm glad you guys are here. I'd thought I'd figured out most of what went on, but apparently I'd only scratched the surface. But that's what awesome about both AMFP and TDD: they make you think. And playing once through isn't enough to get a full grasp of everything.
I've read most of the thread, but please forgive me if I'm repeating anything, or overlooked something obvious.
09-16-2013, 12:58 AM
Find
Diango12 Offline

Threads: 2

Anyone have an explanation of the secret passage Mandus built behind his small office? The one that leads to the backwall of the bathing room and has a see through portrait looking on to the bath tub. The pictures drawn around the secret area are really disturbing. Was this an act of family voyeurism? Was this repressed sexuality and this was meant for his many guests?
(This post was last modified: 09-16-2013, 01:16 AM by Diango12.)
09-16-2013, 01:15 AM
Find
Ghieri Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 8

(09-16-2013, 01:15 AM)Diango12 Wrote: Anyone have an explanation of the secret passage Mandus built behind his small office? The one that leads to the backwall of the bathing room and has a see through portrait looking on to the bath tub. The pictures drawn around the secret area are really disturbing. Was this an act of family voyeurism? Was this repressed sexuality and this was meant for his many guests?

He liked spying on his family. Also it was one of his parlour tricks to disappear in one room and appear in another. So you're mostly right.

[Image: tumblr_n6m5lsQThQ1qc99nxo1_250.gif]
(This post was last modified: 09-16-2013, 01:18 AM by Ghieri.)
09-16-2013, 01:17 AM
Find
Alardem Offline

Threads: 17

To be honest, the pictures in Mandus' 'peeping-tom' room only made me think "recycled from Justine". I suppose they hint at Mandus having depraved affairs or doing immoral things with the gentleman's club - his railing against the immorality of humans is really a rationalization for his own depravity.
(This post was last modified: 09-16-2013, 01:31 AM by Alardem.)
09-16-2013, 01:30 AM
Find
Diango12 Offline

Threads: 2

(09-16-2013, 01:17 AM)Ye Olde Aldi Wrote:
(09-16-2013, 01:15 AM)Diango12 Wrote: Anyone have an explanation of the secret passage Mandus built behind his small office? The one that leads to the backwall of the bathing room and has a see through portrait looking on to the bath tub. The pictures drawn around the secret area are really disturbing. Was this an act of family voyeurism? Was this repressed sexuality and this was meant for his many guests?

He liked spying on his family. Also it was one of his parlour tricks to disappear in one room and appear in another. So you're mostly right.

Wouldn't it be more likely that he was sexually repressed as evident by the picture he drew of a scene of naked women chained up and holding whips, a glimpse into his sadomasochist fantasies.
(This post was last modified: 09-16-2013, 01:47 AM by Diango12.)
09-16-2013, 01:44 AM
Find
Ghieri Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 8

(09-16-2013, 01:44 AM)Diango12 Wrote:
(09-16-2013, 01:17 AM)Ye Olde Aldi Wrote:

Wouldn't it be more likely that he was sexually repressed as evident by the picture he drew of a scene of naked women chained up and holding whips, a glimpse into his sadomasochist fantasies.

Well that's a possible motivation, however there was a note in the bathroom with the hidden bath-tub panel that explicitly stated he sometimes used the passages when there were guests, which impressed them. Though I doubt he intended to entertain them, more likely that was just what he was comfortable with doing.

[Image: tumblr_n6m5lsQThQ1qc99nxo1_250.gif]
09-16-2013, 02:01 AM
Find
Victor Kade Offline

Threads: 1

(09-15-2013, 11:49 AM)Potato Wrote:
(09-15-2013, 10:52 AM)Victor Kade Wrote: The Engineer was a type of pig monster. Search in sounds/music/npc, also in sounds/npc...
The Engineer was both a character and a monster. It's sort of like how the Grunt, Brute, Wretch are all names that were adapted just from excerpts of dialogue and notes, as far as I remember.

I know, was just clarifying for those who didn't know the fate of the engineer...
09-16-2013, 02:59 AM
Find
Vertical Offline

Threads: 1

It wasn't built by Mandus. The mansion along with its hidden features passed onto Oswald when his father died.
09-16-2013, 04:05 AM
Find
RMJ Offline

Threads: 4

When you see the pigmen in their cells or room or what you wanna call them.

Actually i felt quite sorry for them. Sad it turns out they arent the monsters, you are the the horrible monster. What irony and very very dark.

Its nice to have this thread to clear up some lose ends, its actually a pretty dark story.

I too believe that that dude in the machine was the one on the phones.

But the other one is clearly in his head, because he talks to you in the most odd places, and i was like but there is anyway for him to speak to me here, so it has to be in my head. Split personality.

Could the dude in the machine be the professor ? never quite got what happened to him. he hit him or killed him from what i gathered.

I just wish for more now!. i kinda hope at least one more Amnesia game, with a sort of tie in like this. really enjoy the games so far. Could take game game inbetween or further in the future, or even keep it in the time of machine for pigs or even go further back to the past.
(This post was last modified: 09-16-2013, 04:14 AM by RMJ.)
09-16-2013, 04:09 AM
Find