Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 7 Vote(s) - 2.57 Average
Improved Piggies Mod Idea
Kurton Offline

Threads: 8
RE: Improved Piggies Mod Idea

Stalking music may be absent, but the game does in fact have chase music. Grab the attention of a piggy and pause, you'll hear an intense, racing drum line. What's interesting though if you explore the game files, is that complete danger/search/attack suites are all there, just not implemented fully. So that part should be easy.

09-16-2013, 03:49 AM
Find
RMJ Offline

Threads: 4

Yeah i do agree that the machinery didn see fully explored.

That would actually be nice to have see more in action and in the larger picture.
09-16-2013, 03:55 AM
Find
Lleviathyn Offline

Threads: 3

(09-16-2013, 03:49 AM)Kurton Wrote: Stalking music may be absent, but the game does in fact have chase music. Grab the attention of a piggy and pause, you'll hear an intense, racing drum line. What's interesting though if you explore the game files, is that complete danger/search/attack suites are all there, just not implemented fully. So that part should be easy.
I too noticed that while looking through the files today. In fact, I thought they were all not implemented. I never noticed the chase music.

That makes it even easier. All that has to be done there is increase the volume.
09-16-2013, 04:12 AM
Find
Kein Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 22

(09-16-2013, 02:14 AM)Lleviathan Wrote: The most major reason for this in my opinion was because of the reduced scare factor, which was not what we were really expecting since this is an Amnesia title.
Funny that you mentioned that because one of main point of criticism regarding scare factor in DD was a chase music that gave up monster encounter. Go on, visit the forum section for that game, read yourself.

Quote:Another factor is the amount of damage a monster can do and how fast they move. These IMO can drastically change how much you're scared of of them. A good example of this is the Grunt and the Brute.
Yet again you are wrong - unlike DD pigs actually can catch you up. In original game I had no issues with outrunning monsters as long as I want. Pigs ARE faster.

Damage is the same - 3 hits from normal pig, 2 from Tesla. DD: 3 from Grunt, 2 from Brute.

So... what was your points again?

"Avoid Capture"
Bugs/Tricks Gallery:
1 | 2 | 3
09-16-2013, 04:21 AM
Find
JPTS Offline

Threads: 0

The chase music could be used in a different way. For example, it could stop before the monster go away.

(09-16-2013, 04:21 AM)Kein Wrote:
Quote:Another factor is the amount of damage a monster can do and how fast they move. These IMO can drastically change how much you're scared of of them. A good example of this is the Grunt and the Brute.
Yet again you are wrong - unlike DD pigs actually can catch you up. In original game I had no issues with outrunning monsters as long as I want. Pigs ARE faster.

Strange, for me it is the other way. I remember the Grunt running faster than me in the corridor near the entrance to the cistern. He seemed to stop once he hit me. Then he would start running again and I could hide. I'm not sure, I only played TDD twice.

In AMFP the first type of pig never caught me when I was running in a straight line. The other one got me during the chase in London.
(This post was last modified: 09-16-2013, 04:48 AM by JPTS.)
09-16-2013, 04:38 AM
Find
Ghieri Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 8

(09-16-2013, 02:14 AM)Lleviathan Wrote: The most major reason for this in my opinion was because of the reduced scare factor, which was not what we were really expecting since this is an Amnesia title.
Funny that you mentioned that because one of main point of criticism regarding scare factor in DD was a chase music that gave up monster encounter. Go on, visit the forum section for that game, read yourself.

Damage is the same - 3 hits from normal pig, 2 from Tesla. DD: 3 from Grunt, 2 from Brute.

Actually, I could run straight for a pig, jump OVER it, run past it, and still escape with quite a comfortable finish. Tested multiple times(virtually every time a pig was in my way; at least 3 times.)

I couldn't even sprint a straight line for more than 20 feet without a grunt hitting me in TDD.

[Image: tumblr_n6m5lsQThQ1qc99nxo1_250.gif]
09-16-2013, 08:08 AM
Find
PutraenusAlivius Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 75

(09-16-2013, 08:08 AM)Ye Olde Aldi Wrote:

Actually, I could run straight for a pig, jump OVER it, run past it, and still escape with quite a comfortable finish. Tested multiple times(virtually every time a pig was in my way; at least 3 times.)

I couldn't even sprint a straight line for more than 20 feet without a grunt hitting me in TDD.

Same here. When I got the first encounter, I can outran him and get out with him still far away.

"Veni, vidi, vici."
"I came, I saw, I conquered."
09-16-2013, 08:10 AM
Find
Kein Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 22

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pla...GzL8#t=219

"Avoid Capture"
Bugs/Tricks Gallery:
1 | 2 | 3
09-16-2013, 09:59 AM
Find
aquilantiqua Offline

(09-16-2013, 08:08 AM)Ye Olde Aldi Wrote:

Yep. As far as I remember, the Brutes are slightly faster than you and the Grunts have a charge ability that lets them catch right up to you if you're running in a straight line.

Spoiler below!
I was able to basically stroll past most of the pigs even if they spotted me and the only times I ever really had to panic and book it were near the centrifuge and outside during the London scene. And even then, neither of them caught up to me and got a hit off. So imo they could definitely be a little more dangerous.
(This post was last modified: 09-16-2013, 10:15 AM by aquilantiqua.)
09-16-2013, 10:13 AM
Find
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Away
Posting Freak

I don't get how the damage and speed of the enemies has anything to do with the scaryness of the game. I mean, I don't know how you guys are playing this type of game, but for me it makes no difference whatsoever if the beast can kill me in two hits or just gently brushes my cheek with a feather duster.
My fear doesn't stem from logical thoughts like "okay, I have only 10 hitpoints left and I can make it to the door 0.43 seconds faster than the pig, but only if I jump at just the right moment so it can't hit me twice..."

The fear this type of game instills is completely irrational and stems solely from my own mind. Yeah, I can probably outsmart every enemy, I can make them glitch and get stuck in the level geometry or jump over their heads...I can even let every single enemy in the game kill me and respawn with them gone, but what does it matter? When I'm doing such a thing, I'm not immersing myself in the game world anyway, I'm just fucking around. And that is not the developers fault, but solely my own.
09-16-2013, 10:29 AM
Find