Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 12 Vote(s) - 2.83 Average
PiggyPlus Mod Concept - Interactivity, Exploration, Monsters!
wretch Offline

Threads: 4
Brick  PiggyPlus Mod Concept - Interactivity, Exploration, Monsters!

Hey guys.

Amnesia: A Machine for Pigs. Truly a great game with a deep, immersive storyline. But what about its cons? Most of the doors in the game are locked & bolted, with the amount of optional rooms in the game being minimal. And the monsters... the amount of dangerous monster encounters is low, and even then these monsters prove not dangerous enough. Too slow, too easy to outrun. Hiding in rooms, praying the monster won't come, break down the door and eat you, is a thing that no longer exists in AMFP.

What about the bugs? There are a few places that might end up having you falling out of the map or getting you stuck, forcing you to load a previous save.

This future mod seeks to fix these problems.

Features will include....

Work on the mod cannot start until the level editor is updated to work with AMFP assets. I'm just hyping up the mod early. So people can know what to expect later.

Interactivity: You'll be able to carry a lot more objects, just like good old The Dark Descent!
Last worked on: Not started

Exploration: Most of the locked doors are now unlocked and open for exploration.

More Pig! More Pig!: There will be a few extra monster encounters throughout the game.

Extra Creepy: The beefed up monster encounters will usually place you into a terrifying situation with a dark, creepy atmosphere. The atmosphere will also gain significant changes outside the monster encounters.

More Danger: The pig monster stats will be porked up exponentially, increasing the terror as the monsters now pose a very serious threat. Mandus will no longer regenerate health, relying on an alternate method of healing.

Bug fixes: I will fix whatever bug I am capable of fixing. Expect no more getting stuck or falling out of map Special thanks to everybody who contributes to the "Pigs and the Bugs" topic.

A few surprises: There will be 2 very special surprises. Maybe even 3! Super vague hint: One of them has something do with inventory. Let's just say I have this "something to do with the inventory" feature completely figured out already.

Countless of minor changes: One of the many is the old chase theme from ATDD returning, as the new one is silent and does not induce the terror the old one did.
Last worked on: 2013.09.16
(This post was last modified: 09-16-2013, 04:20 PM by wretch.)
09-16-2013, 09:38 AM
Find
PutraenusAlivius Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 75
RE: PiggyPlus Mod Concept

A mod for ATDD or is it a conversion for AAMFP?

"Veni, vidi, vici."
"I came, I saw, I conquered."
09-16-2013, 09:41 AM
Find
wretch Offline

(09-16-2013, 09:41 AM)JustAnotherPlayer Wrote: A mod for ATDD or is it a conversion for AAMFP?

It's for AMFP and will replace the original files with the modded ones, meaning you'll have to backup the AMFP folder before installing the mod incase you'll want to play the unmodded version.
09-16-2013, 09:45 AM
Find
Unearthlybrutal Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 12

(09-16-2013, 09:45 AM)wretch Wrote:
(09-16-2013, 09:41 AM)JustAnotherPlayer Wrote: A mod for ATDD or is it a conversion for AAMFP?

It's for AMFP and will replace the original files with the modded ones, meaning you'll have to backup the AMFP folder before installing the mod incase you'll want to play the unmodded version.

I think that you can do a full conversion.
People launch the original AAMFP with the usual way and there would be a .bat file for opening your mod. No need for backup. Smile

When Life No Longer Exists
Full-conversion mod
09-16-2013, 10:28 AM
Website Find
Patrik Offline
Frictional Games

Threads: 3
RE: PiggyPlus Mod Concept - Interactivity, Exploration, Monsters!

Unfortunately, there is no guarantee that the new and updated editors will work properly with AAMFP. You're free to try, but the purpose of the update is to bring the new functionality to TDD, not to allow modding of AMFP.
09-16-2013, 10:51 AM
Find
cantremember Offline

Threads: 29

(09-16-2013, 09:38 AM)wretch Wrote: The pig monster stats will be porked up

I see what you did there Big Grin

You will need to make new areas for the openable doors as I thin kthere is nothing behind them in the map files now.

For those who say AMFP won't be moddable. It will probably possible to import all the maps and assets as a CS. Much like some people did to make Justine saveable.
(This post was last modified: 09-16-2013, 12:03 PM by cantremember.)
09-16-2013, 12:02 PM
Find
wretch Offline

(09-16-2013, 12:02 PM)cantremember Wrote:
(09-16-2013, 09:38 AM)wretch Wrote: The pig monster stats will be porked up

I see what you did there Big Grin

You will need to make new areas for the openable doors as I thin kthere is nothing behind them in the map files now.

I know. That's what I'm planning to do.
09-16-2013, 12:03 PM
Find
Potato Offline

Threads: 10

You know, wtf is with all these 1 star rated threads? Is there really someone rating all the non-rated threads with 1 star, srsly?

edit: sorry for off topic, but this was the most recent thread that was an example.

On topic: I'm actually kind of interested, I think it could be fun to see some more monster encounters implemented, especially with the Engineer monster, didn't you only encounter it one time in London?

[Image: o8JPTkt.jpg]
upsilon floorbot is a qt pa2t
(This post was last modified: 09-16-2013, 12:29 PM by Potato.)
09-16-2013, 12:26 PM
Find
NicoNico Offline

Threads: 0

Hey, that's actually a nice idea !
I thought about that like, this morning, thinking "What if someone used the TDD editor to make an "enhanced" version of AMFP ?"

I'm totally looking for this, but I will say that you should keep the new chase song to keep the special atmosphere of the game consistent. Maybe just pump up the volume^^

Anyway, that's cool stuff !
09-16-2013, 12:45 PM
Find
Deep One Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 9

(09-16-2013, 09:38 AM)wretch Wrote: More Pig! More Pig!: The number of monsters Oswald encounters will rise exponentially.

This could easily make the mod terribly annoying to play and therefore ruin the whole project.
09-16-2013, 12:51 PM
Find