Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 9 Vote(s) - 2.78 Average
Is A Machine For Pigs best suited to a 'mature' audience?
Quizerno Offline

Threads: 1
RE: Is A Machine For Pigs best suited to a 'mature' audience?

Crafted horror games are not for the screaming youtube generation, yes.

But to dismiss the criticism of AMFP as being from those not being intelligent enough to understand it is a misnomer.

The reason I liked TDD is because I felt part of the story, I felt I was lurking through the castle, I was lighting the candles, I was solving the puzzles and journeying. The mechanics and the atmosphere complimented each other.

AMFP gave me none of those feelings, AMFP doesn't feel like an Amnesia title, it feels like a cheap spin-off with bad purple prose scattered throughout. People like me didn't want to pay for a cheap spin-off.
(This post was last modified: 09-17-2013, 05:09 PM by Quizerno.)
09-17-2013, 05:03 PM
Find
sailornaruto39 Offline

Threads: 0

(09-17-2013, 05:03 PM)Quizerno Wrote: Crafted horror games are not for the screaming youtube generation, yes.

But to dismiss the criticism of AMFP as being from those not being intelligent enough to understand it is a misnomer.

The reason I liked TDD is because I felt part of the story, I felt I was lurking through the castle, I was lighting the candles, I was solving the puzzles and journeying. The mechanics and the atmosphere complimented each other.

AMFP gave me none of those feelings, AMFP doesn't feel like an Amnesia title, it feels like a cheap spin-off with bad purple prose scattered throughout. People like me didn't want to pay for a cheap spin-off.

I think the same reason you liked TDD is the same reasons the "youtube genration" liked it so much. Certainly it's why I enjoyed it, but I agree
(This post was last modified: 09-17-2013, 05:10 PM by sailornaruto39.)
09-17-2013, 05:05 PM
Find
Quizerno Offline

(09-17-2013, 05:05 PM)sailornaruto39 Wrote:
(09-17-2013, 05:03 PM)Quizerno Wrote: Crafted horror games are not for the screaming youtube generation, yes.

I think the same reason you liked TDD is the same reasons the "youtube genration" liked it so much. Certainly it's why I enjoyed it, but I agree

How so? I like horror that's immersive and legitimately frightening, the youtube generation seems to like excessive jumpscares and dumb people screaming.
09-18-2013, 02:14 AM
Find
sailornaruto39 Offline

(09-18-2013, 02:14 AM)Quizerno Wrote:

How so? I like horror that's immersive and legitimately frightening, the youtube generation seems to like excessive jumpscares and dumb people screaming.

Like I said they like it for the same reason. Amnesia wasn't a very scare centric game, yet it was a success
09-18-2013, 02:43 AM
Find
jd1802 Offline

Ok... ummm Hello~ New guy here :3 Ummm i know my english kinda sucks but im latin so try to understand...

Ok so first I loved TDD because of the story and Ive played it like at least 8 times because I really loved all the ''universe'' they made there... Its like my favorite movie or something. I think story was made a lot better there than in AMFP cause story was a part of the experience and not the whole experience. U know what i felt here? I felt like they knew the story was not as good so they made a only-story experience. Why do i say this? Cause they said they didnt want the player to focus on anything else but hey... in TDD i really focused on the story but it was because i liked it and i wanted to know more, not because they just MADE ME read it all. Like if the story is good u dont have to be scared that people are not going to like it or read it cause u KNOW that is a good story. U dont need to draw all of the attention to it cause u know its going to be good on its own.

I really dont want anyone to like insult me for this :C this is just my opinion and i did like AMFP a little bit, like i felt kinda disturbed with the pig mask looking at me all the time and i almost cried when i saw that the monsters were just like kids. I felt many things that i really liked about the game and if someone from TCR is reading this then let me tell u that u guys sure know how to make epic and mindblowing scenes cause the church scene with the music and all that was amazing i almost cried in joy and when ure about to see the machine for the first time with that ''kyrie eleison'' song on the background that sure was a hell of a scene but still i felt like it was a meh-game with amazing parts.

I absolutely prefer Daniel over Mandus and i prefer TDD story over AMFP story cause idk... TDD story disturbed me a little bit more and i actually could feel like I could make the same things as Daniel if i was him... With Mandus it wasnt like that i actually never cared about him not even in a bad way :L

ANOTHER THING i want to say is that Mandus talks too much :L i hated that. My god one thing that was amazing and unique in TDD was that once the game started u felt like u were there. Daniel never talked cause U WERE DANIEL. And that was awesome. U didnt feel like u were playing with some character, u felt like u were the character. When Mandus talked I just knew he was a character, and i lost all conecction with him...

This is gettin kinda long so i guess ill just leave it like that :L sorry for being so annoying but its just that i was kinda offended by this thread. If i didnt totally liked this game and if i didnt felt like it was the best game ever and all that its not because im immature or dumb or a ''youtube child'' or a fan of pewdiepie. I actually hate to see a ''lets play'' video cause games are for play not for watch but whatever. If i didnt liked AMFP story or gameplay is because this game is just not for me and thats it. I like to feel like a part of the game and here i just felt like someone who was there to see everything happening in front of me and reading what happened before. Again, TCR did an amazing job at making the most epic scenes ever and the most disturbing little details cause that pig mask really made me mad but still... didnt like the game like what it is, a game. And the story wasnt that interesting for me but again maybe its just not for me. Dont hate on people just because they think different than u my god im sure that FG and TCR didnt made this game so they could have their forums full of people insulting each other because of this. If u liked the game thats awesome and if u didnt then ok play other thing. Theres no reason to be fighting about it cause even if i didnt like it i can accept that is an amazing different game that deserved to be made in this world. So... I think thats it :L

~Peace~
09-18-2013, 04:47 AM
Find
Quizerno Offline

(09-18-2013, 02:43 AM)sailornaruto39 Wrote:
(09-18-2013, 02:14 AM)Quizerno Wrote:

Like I said they like it for the same reason. Amnesia wasn't a very scare centric game, yet it was a success

Well it was a horror focused game. I'm having trouble understanding what you mean.
09-18-2013, 10:57 AM
Find
sailornaruto39 Offline

You like it for the horror, so does everyone else. Is it so strange that different ppl might like one thing in common?
09-18-2013, 05:00 PM
Find
slo64 Offline

AMFP isn't suited for 'mature' audience. It is suited for casual gamers and hipsterpants-showoffs.
Well it maybe is suited for sitcom-watching mature audience, but certainly not for the prose-reading mature audience. In my opinion.
09-20-2013, 04:51 AM
Find
Statyk Offline
Schrödinger's Mod

Threads: 72

Couldn't have said it better myself.
09-20-2013, 05:30 AM
Find
Kreekakon Offline
Pick a god and pray!

Threads: 70

How about we try this again, and try to leave snarkiness out of the posts...?

[Image: Tv0YgQb.gif]
Image by BandyGrass
09-20-2013, 02:30 PM
Find