Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Games you remember playing but can't remember the name
Jim Offline

Threads: 3
RE: Games you remember playing but can't remember the name

I remember playing a space shooter on genesis with a behind-the-ship perspective. I THINK it was in one of the large cartridges with the yellow tab in them like B.O.B. has.

Spoiler below!
[Image: 1210110758-00.jpg]

I believe it had no save feature, so it was a go-until-you-die format like Gradius. The reason it sticks in my mind is it was one of, if not the first flight game I played that had the option to invert your controls.

(This post was last modified: 09-17-2013, 02:08 AM by Jim.)
09-17-2013, 02:06 AM
Find
Kurton Offline

Threads: 8

I remember playing the demo of a point-and-click first person puzzle adventure game in the spirit of MYST. It came as a bonus on CD with another full game (The Longest Journey? I don't remember that either) and is quite dated.

The protagonist is a time-traveler with the ability to precisely camouflage himself as anyone he sees. The setting is some ancient Greek or Roman city where everyone has gone to see some event, with you making use of this opportunity to snatch some macguffin or other. It featured live-action recorded actors as characters.

That's about all I remember. The only other details I know is that you have a talking companion voice and in one of the buildings you see a woman stooped over and churning something in a cauldron.

09-17-2013, 03:37 AM
Find
A.I. Offline

Threads: 16

I remember this one game I played on GameTap about 6 years ago, and it had a protagonist that could time travel I forgot what the main map looked like but I remember that you would always fall asleep in a cafe of some sort and you could travel through time only when you are sleep in that cafe or something like that. I think the character had bleach blonde hair. That is all I remember I have always wanted to beat that game.

[Image: 1YV6ehh]
Formerly Vaelwing22
09-17-2013, 03:50 AM
Find
Robby Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 38

Back when I had my very first PC, I remember playing something, but I couldn't remember the name for the life of me. Still trying to remember it, lolz.

Infrequently active. Don't expect an immediate response. Best to contact me at a different locale. If I create a thread, expect me to be quite active.
09-17-2013, 08:57 AM
Website Find
Yuhaney Offline
Hello Friends!

Threads: 100

(09-17-2013, 03:37 AM)Kurton Wrote: The protagonist is a time-traveler with the ability to precisely camouflage himself as anyone he sees. The setting is some ancient Greek or Roman city where everyone has gone to see some event, with you making use of this opportunity to snatch some macguffin or other. It featured live-action recorded actors as characters.

Ankh: The Tales of Mystery?

(09-17-2013, 03:50 AM)Vaelwing22 Wrote: I remember this one game I played on GameTap about 6 years ago, and it had a protagonist that could time travel I forgot what the main map looked like but I remember that you would always fall asleep in a cafe of some sort and you could travel through time only when you are sleep in that cafe or something like that. I think the character had bleach blonde hair. That is all I remember I have always wanted to beat that game.

Syberia series?

(This post was last modified: 09-17-2013, 09:15 AM by Yuhaney.)
09-17-2013, 09:03 AM
Website Find
A.I. Offline

Threads: 16

(09-17-2013, 03:50 AM)Vaelwing22 Wrote: I remember this one game I played on GameTap about 6 years ago, and it had a protagonist that could time travel I forgot what the main map looked like but I remember that you would always fall asleep in a cafe of some sort and you could travel through time only when you are sleep in that cafe or something like that. I think the character had bleach blonde hair. That is all I remember I have always wanted to beat that game.

Syberia series?
[/quote]
HOLY SHIIIIIT I JUST FOUND THE GAME I WAS TALKING ABOUT IT WAS SHADOW OF MEMORIES

[Image: 1YV6ehh]
Formerly Vaelwing22
(This post was last modified: 09-17-2013, 03:49 PM by A.I..)
09-17-2013, 03:49 PM
Find
Kurton Offline

Threads: 8

(09-17-2013, 09:03 AM)Scraper Wrote:
(09-17-2013, 03:37 AM)Kurton Wrote: The protagonist is a time-traveler with the ability to precisely camouflage himself as anyone he sees. The setting is some ancient Greek or Roman city where everyone has gone to see some event, with you making use of this opportunity to snatch some macguffin or other. It featured live-action recorded actors as characters.

Ankh: The Tales of Mystery?

Did a quick search and I'm afraid that's not it, but thanks for the guess.

09-17-2013, 06:24 PM
Find
Wolfnova Offline

Threads: 0

(09-17-2013, 01:47 AM)Scraper Wrote: Free-to-Play or commercial game? Was it on Steam, or any other online retailer software?

Freemium, free to play, but paying gave small conveniences, and non-premium players can't build houses or pave roads, the other benefits was you had an orb to store your mount, so ya didn't have to leave in the open where it could get stolen, and no, completely in browser, nothing except maybe java required, no steam, no download.

Edit: fixed some auto correct related typo's sorry for any confusion.
(This post was last modified: 09-21-2013, 04:10 AM by Wolfnova.)
09-21-2013, 02:29 AM
Find
felixmole Offline

Threads: 7

I remember playing a 3D PC game when I was probably 8 or 9. It was a frog or a turtle or something like that. You had to make your way through various levels where there were obstacles (for example moving platforms you had to jump on to; big moving objects in narrow paths you had to avoid) or enemies garding some areas you had to cross, and as soon as you stepped into areas of that type they ran at you, and they gave up when you got out of it.

I know that's very sketchy but I played that game at school in (give or take) 2000. I hope I'm not mixing anything up there... Any ideas?
(This post was last modified: 09-21-2013, 04:41 PM by felixmole.)
09-21-2013, 04:41 PM
Find
Yuhaney Offline
Hello Friends!

Threads: 100

Croc: Legend of the Gobbos?

09-21-2013, 05:01 PM
Website Find