Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 13 Vote(s) - 4.38 Average
Spoiler Plot Discussion Thread *Spoiler Alert*
emaper Offline

Threads: 0
RE: Plot Discussion Thread *Spoiler Alert*

Hi, I'm back Big Grin Dunno if I'm OT but... go to the http://www.nextfrictionalgame.com

Student | Bassist 

[Image: LNndQ]
09-27-2013, 03:43 PM
Find
PutraenusAlivius Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 75

(09-27-2013, 03:43 PM)emaper Wrote: Hi, I'm back Big Grin Dunno if I'm OT but... go to the http://www.nextfrictionalgame.com

It's the Super Secret project.

Go to this thread to follow the discussion.

"Veni, vidi, vici."
"I came, I saw, I conquered."
09-27-2013, 03:47 PM
Find
Kein Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 22

(09-27-2013, 02:37 PM)Alardem Wrote: I'm not saying that. I mean two things:
1. The heart of the British Empire getting inexplicably leveled by an explosion unlike ANYTHING humans had ever seen before. The fear of atomic power would be scarred into the public consciousness almost half a century before 1945. That would have been a major shock to history, and the imperial squabble that was the First World War would have been drastically different (if not worse).
Just think of this game as an alternate history, not literally 'what happened 113 years ago'.
2. All the death and slaughter that's already occurred is likely to have fucked up London. And that's not considering what will happen once people examine the Man-Pigs and uncover the secrets of Mandus' meat-factory. Just as he had salvaged the horrors of Brennenburg, he himself leaves a legacy of more terror to come.

Ooookay, and you are saying it because..? I mean, what the point, this is exactly what I said - the course of history will be changed but not much, not at absolute global degree.

Quote:At least the note in the attic from the kids still says 1899 in-game.
Darn. What about the Compound X one, from 98?

"Avoid Capture"
Bugs/Tricks Gallery:
1 | 2 | 3
09-27-2013, 04:15 PM
Find
johnwohl Offline

So.. what do you all think are the chances of the devs giving an actual official plot writeup before people lose interest and the thread dies (it seems to be slowing). I know they want us to figure it out but there comes a certain point when the initial excitement has passed and not enough people are coming up with new ideas, or people have just moved on to other games. I'd like to have an official explanation before that happens completely.
10-01-2013, 11:22 PM
Find
Kotch Offline

Threads: 1

(10-01-2013, 11:22 PM)johnwohl Wrote: So.. what do you all think are the chances of the devs giving an actual official plot writeup before people lose interest and the thread dies (it seems to be slowing). I know they want us to figure it out but there comes a certain point when the initial excitement has passed and not enough people are coming up with new ideas, or people have just moved on to other games. I'd like to have an official explanation before that happens completely.

I was just thinking about this today. We've discussed pretty much everything we know. We need an actual explaination.
10-01-2013, 11:42 PM
Find
Alardem Offline

Threads: 17

How many self-respecting poets have gone and given official explanations of their work?
10-02-2013, 01:21 AM
Find
johnwohl Offline

Poets don't tend to remove their heads from their own arses long enough.

Also, everything that the dev has said in this thread leads me to believe that there is an official interpretation of the story.

I, for one, would like to hear it before I stop caring.
10-02-2013, 05:07 AM
Find
Lazoriss Offline

Threads: 2

Aye... I'd also like to hear something from TCR on the plot. We've managed to narrow things down to a few plausible theories, but I would like something a bit more... definite. :B
10-02-2013, 05:33 AM
Find
Alardem Offline

Threads: 17

(10-02-2013, 05:07 AM)johnwohl Wrote: Poets don't tend to remove their heads from their own arses long enough.

Also, everything that the dev has said in this thread leads me to believe that there is an official interpretation of the story.

I, for one, would like to hear it before I stop caring.

Too bad you hate poetry. You're missing out on a lot. Smile
10-02-2013, 05:39 AM
Find
rotten Offline

Well, it doesn't have to be the full interpretation, but some further clues on where to dig would be helpful.
And btw, TCR did give its interpretation of Dear Esther; which I didn't play, but after I've read the article, it seems that AAMFP can be interpreted in the same way. So either nothing really happened except of the kids dying and in the Mandus takes the blame and kills himself, either Mandus was about to unleash the deity concealed in the Egg, but in the very end he managed not to do so.

btw, here's the full map of the plant, I think it hasn't been posted yet.
Spoiler below!
[Image: amnesia_a_machine_for_pigs__map_areas_by...6mggvf.jpg]
10-02-2013, 11:06 AM
Find