Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 29 Vote(s) - 4.45 Average
The Ultimate SOMA Discussion Thread
Sampyli Offline

Threads: 2
RE: SOMA Discussion Thread

Pluto, help .. : P

Back to the topic, guys

(10-13-2013, 05:32 PM)ReadingNotAllowed Wrote: I saw this on the SOMA website, and I haven't seen it on this thread yet. (Correct me if i'm wrong)

The radio has gone silent on PATHOS-2. As isolation bears down on the staff of the remote research facility, strange things are happening.
Machines are taking on human traits and alien constructions have started to interfere with routine. The world around them is turning into a nightmare.
The only way out is to do something unimaginable.

"Remote research facility" doesn't rule out space but I'm still thinking it's going to be on earth. I like the last sentence though, it's quite mysterious. Tongue
10-13-2013, 05:35 PM
Find
WALP Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 34

I dont really see were people are getting the space thing from to be honest. Also please remember that FG upgrades their engine specifically for their games, and they did add terrain tech to HPL3 as can be read on Thomas old blog post.
10-13-2013, 05:40 PM
Find
BAndrew Offline

Threads: 23

(10-13-2013, 05:40 PM)The Mug Wrote: I dont really see were people are getting the space thing from to be honest. Also please remember that FG upgrades their engine specifically for their games, and they did add terrain tech to HPL3 as can be read on Thomas old blog post.

From the general feel and from this:

Quote:The Next Dark Descent Is Space

which can be found here:

http://www.giantbomb.com/podcasts/the-ne.../1600-639/

(I think it's already posted by someone)

You don't have to listen to the whole interview. The titles says it all.

•I have found the answer to the universe and everything, but this sign is too small to contain it.

[Image: k2g44ae]

10-13-2013, 05:55 PM
Find
Kreekakon Offline
Pick a god and pray!

Threads: 70

Everyone I will have to now ask you all to stop continuing this argument any further if you cannot all be courteous to your fellow members regardless of circumstance. If you believe someone is discrediting you...be the better member, and politely explain to him how you feel what went wrong with his post.

From now on if anyone tries adding to this argument/debate with traces of uncourteous behavior to fellow member their posts will be deleted. Further attempts will result in warnings

[Image: Tv0YgQb.gif]
Image by BandyGrass
(This post was last modified: 10-13-2013, 06:08 PM by Kreekakon.)
10-13-2013, 06:03 PM
Find
DavidS Offline
Frictional Games

Threads: 4

It would be a pleasure to see this kind of discussion (Engines vs. artistic direction) in a seperate thread instead inside here, and preferably with a fresh start. Or talk about it via private messaging and present a conclusion once done. Thank you in advance. Smile

/////////////////////////////////////
10-13-2013, 06:56 PM
Website Find
Alardem Offline

Threads: 17

So...where could this game take place?

-Space Station
-Underground Laboratory
-Undersea Base
-Extra-terrestrial outpost (i.e. Mars Base/asteroid base)
-Cyberspace

I'm guessing this game will take place in a decidedly distant future rather than one closer to our lifetime.
10-13-2013, 09:24 PM
Find
Draug Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 5

(10-13-2013, 09:24 PM)Alardem Wrote: So...where could this game take place?

-Space Station
-Underground Laboratory
-Undersea Base
-Cyberspace

I'm guessing this game will take place in a decidedly distant future rather than one closer to our lifetime.

The headline from the giantbomb article says:

"The Next Dark Descent Is Space "

http://www.giantbomb.com/articles/the-ne...1100-4763/
10-13-2013, 09:35 PM
Find
ReadingNotAllowed Offline

Threads: 6

(10-13-2013, 09:24 PM)Alardem Wrote: So...where could this game take place?

-Space Station
-Underground Laboratory
-Undersea Base
-Cyberspace

My guess is a space station. Mostly because i'm a sucker for SS2

Better to have a story and end it, then to never realise it has begun...

- Red
10-14-2013, 12:17 AM
Find
Cuyir Offline

Threads: 1

(10-13-2013, 05:35 PM)Sampyli Wrote: Pluto, help .. : P

Back to the topic, guys

(10-13-2013, 05:32 PM)ReadingNotAllowed Wrote: I saw this on the SOMA website, and I haven't seen it on this thread yet. (Correct me if i'm wrong)

The radio has gone silent on PATHOS-2. As isolation bears down on the staff of the remote research facility, strange things are happening.
Machines are taking on human traits and alien constructions have started to interfere with routine. The world around them is turning into a nightmare.
The only way out is to do something unimaginable.

"Remote research facility" doesn't rule out space but I'm still thinking it's going to be on earth. I like the last sentence though, it's quite mysterious. Tongue

Sort of rules out space. A bit disappointed if the game takes place in PATHOS-2, cause I wanted it to take place in space.
10-14-2013, 04:02 AM
Find
Alardem Offline

Threads: 17

How does "remote" not rule out being stuck way out in deep space? Hell, for all we know they could be on another planet that would take months for any communications to be made back home.
10-14-2013, 05:06 AM
Find