Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 29 Vote(s) - 4.45 Average
The Ultimate SOMA Discussion Thread
Cuyir Offline

Threads: 1
RE: SOMA Discussion Thread

Didn't they say that what was seen in the trailer wouldn't be playable nor ingame, because it's just basically a test demo with lore?

So, to me, they haven't hinted at multiple characters this time around. I think being shuffled around from character to character wouldn't do any favors to the atmosphere.
10-14-2013, 10:58 PM
Find
WALP Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 34

I really doubt there be 2 or more playable characters. Trying to build a connection to one is hard enough already.
10-14-2013, 10:58 PM
Find
plutomaniac Offline
Super Moderator

Threads: 45

That depends on how long the game would be so that there will be enough time to present multiple characters fully. SOMA will be the product of 5 years of work. I don't think it will be 6-8 hours like Amnesia was.
10-14-2013, 11:04 PM
Find
Cuyir Offline

(10-14-2013, 11:04 PM)plutomaniac Wrote: That depends on how long the game would be so that there will be enough time to present multiple characters fully. SOMA will be the product of 5 years of work. I don't think it will be 6-8 hours like Amnesia was.

They haven't hinted at multiple characters though.

Plus I don't see them making a sprawling horror game with multiple points of view. It seems that it'll have a greater scope than TDD and Penumbra had but beyond that, nothing else in the way of new mechanics, multiple povs and such.
10-14-2013, 11:10 PM
Find
HorrorElementFilms Offline

Threads: 8

(10-14-2013, 11:04 PM)plutomaniac Wrote: That depends on how long the game would be so that there will be enough time to present multiple characters fully. SOMA will be the product of 5 years of work. I don't think it will be 6-8 hours like Amnesia was.

So, how long would you guess it to be? Personally, I think it'll be longer, considering Amnesia didn't take 5 years. And, Frictional Games is apparently more experienced at creating games then before. I feel as if this game could surely be more than 14+ hours.

And as for the "multiple characters" thing, it was just a possible thought. I know it probably won't be, but it's never unreasonable to think outside of the box when it comes to Frictional Games.
10-14-2013, 11:22 PM
Website Find
Damascus Rose Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 22

For those who asked, I wouldn't want Reed as a protagonist because: I don't want to play as someone who we've already seen in a teaser, that would just ruin it. Especially someone who we've seen in real life. Also I don't like her personality, I just think she seems pretty annoying. This is my personal opinion though. I liked the teasers but I don't like reed as a character.

A female protagonist would be awesome. Just not Reed.

[Image: damascusrose2.png]
10-15-2013, 01:15 AM
Find
Cuyir Offline

What has she shown that makes her annoying?

We've only just seen two trailers with her in them...lol.
10-15-2013, 01:29 AM
Find
Damascus Rose Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 22

(10-15-2013, 01:29 AM)Cuyir Wrote: What has she shown that makes her annoying?

We've only just seen two trailers with her in them...lol.

I can't really explain why I don't like her. It's just some people you like, some people not. I just find her annoying, especially how she treated that robot on the ground, really condescending. And the way she sweetened her voice when talking to him bugged me. Perhaps it's because I hate when people do that when talking to me.
What is there to like about her?

It really doesn't matter anyway.

On topic, I don't see this game lasting more than 10 hours. A quality experience is what they're going for, and any previous games with this style are always under 10. (Outlast, amfp, all of frictional's games.. I haven't really played any other games like these so those are all the examples i got.) If it went longer than 10 I think it would start dragging on, unless they add some really unique stuff and do pacing really well.

[Image: damascusrose2.png]
(This post was last modified: 10-15-2013, 02:29 AM by Damascus Rose.)
10-15-2013, 02:22 AM
Find
7heDubz Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 40

May have been already touched on but ERMAGAWD people http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pla...LVOif6CHgE

10-15-2013, 02:47 AM
Find
Alardem Offline

Threads: 17

(10-15-2013, 02:47 AM)I Renamed Myself Wrote: May have been already touched on but ERMAGAWD people http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pla...LVOif6CHgE

...yes, that's the first of three videos so far. You're a couple of weeks behind. :p
10-15-2013, 03:39 AM
Find