Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 29 Vote(s) - 4.45 Average
The Ultimate SOMA Discussion Thread
WALP Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 34
RE: SOMA Discussion Thread

Applause!
10-17-2013, 05:14 PM
Find
Draug Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 5

Awesome man.
10-17-2013, 05:25 PM
Find
fancreeper Offline

Threads: 3

I wonder if they added sanity in the game.In the teaser camera zoomed in a little when something unsettling happend.It may mean nothing since it is just a map demo and not even a finished game.

Steam ID: fancreeper
10-17-2013, 05:43 PM
Find
Ashtoreth Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 6

(10-17-2013, 05:43 PM)fancreeper Wrote: I wonder if they added sanity in the game.In the teaser camera zoomed in a little when something unsettling happend.It may mean nothing since it is just a map demo and not even a finished game.

Thomas said in an interview that there will be a sort of a "dynamic" sanity system in SOMA. Smile

Quote:GB: Can we expect that, mechanically, it’ll work similar to Amnesia? Non-combat? A lot of hiding? Or are you giving the player some new tools for dealing with what they encounter?

Grip: It’s still going to be a lot of hiding, but what we’re trying to do is that every creature in the game should be its own dynamic system. When you encounter a creature, that has a specific sort of system. Think of the sanity system. That’s a global system we had throughout the entire game. But in SOMA, for every encounter that you do, there’s going to be a dynamic system that’s like the sanity system but local to that encounter or species of creature alone. Each time you encounter a new beast or a new danger, you have to figure out how to work.

10-17-2013, 06:45 PM
Find
Kreekakon Offline
Pick a god and pray!

Threads: 70

Sounds to me like something that seems to increase/decrease based on how much the creature notices you, and that will change its behavior accordingly Smile

[Image: Tv0YgQb.gif]
Image by BandyGrass
10-17-2013, 06:48 PM
Find
blueberry Away

Threads: 11

I HOPE SOMA WILL HAVE... GU- Oh wait..... This was already used.

[Image: 80912c88643a023617c8c4165f3dad77.png] Gimme a sex~

- Some twat 2014
10-17-2013, 07:38 PM
Find
Ghieri Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 8

(10-17-2013, 10:39 AM)Paddy™ Wrote: An interview with Thomas from 2 days ago:

http://www.kitguru.net/software/gaming/j...he-future/

Quote:TG: First of all, it is important to note that not all monsters are directly hostile. Some just simply exist in the world, and it is up to you to decide how to interact with them. We want to go beyond monsters that simply come running as soon as they spot you. The aim is to create this really unsettling feeling where you are constantly second guessing what a creature might do next.

Fuck that noise. I'm going in under the assumption they all want to kill me. YOU CAN'T TRICK ME, THOMAS!

[Image: tumblr_n6m5lsQThQ1qc99nxo1_250.gif]
10-17-2013, 08:14 PM
Find
Kein Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 22

(10-17-2013, 09:51 AM)DavidS Wrote: It is up to our concept artist if he wants to be known.

Well, in all fairness the only way we can ask such question is via you. Or via anyone else from FG.

"Avoid Capture"
Bugs/Tricks Gallery:
1 | 2 | 3
(This post was last modified: 10-19-2013, 11:36 PM by Kein.)
10-17-2013, 08:40 PM
Find
Cuyir Offline

Threads: 1

(10-17-2013, 06:45 PM)Ashtoreth Wrote:
(10-17-2013, 05:43 PM)fancreeper Wrote: I wonder if they added sanity in the game.In the teaser camera zoomed in a little when something unsettling happend.It may mean nothing since it is just a map demo and not even a finished game.

Thomas said in an interview that there will be a sort of a "dynamic" sanity system in SOMA. Smile

Quote:GB: Can we expect that, mechanically, it’ll work similar to Amnesia? Non-combat? A lot of hiding? Or are you giving the player some new tools for dealing with what they encounter?

Grip: It’s still going to be a lot of hiding, but what we’re trying to do is that every creature in the game should be its own dynamic system. When you encounter a creature, that has a specific sort of system. Think of the sanity system. That’s a global system we had throughout the entire game. But in SOMA, for every encounter that you do, there’s going to be a dynamic system that’s like the sanity system but local to that encounter or species of creature alone. Each time you encounter a new beast or a new danger, you have to figure out how to work.

That to me seems to insinuate that each enemy type affects you differently.

Some may just report your location and study you (like the spider like enemy in the trailer), others may ''jam'' or distort your senses (pretty sure the protag will have a remote brain, like in the teaser), others may just try to maul you while others maybe just function as mere nuisances.

Also

NEW SECTION WOOO
10-17-2013, 10:15 PM
Find
wickednick Offline

Threads: 0

Hi, I don't know if this question has been asked yet, but Frictional has been pretty good about releasing games for Mac in the past, will SOMA also be released for the Mac?
10-18-2013, 02:48 PM
Find