Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 12 Vote(s) - 4.58 Average
Update coming! Brave testers needed!
DnALANGE Offline
Banned

Threads: 73
RE: Update almost ready! Brave testers needed!

(11-03-2013, 09:28 PM)The Mug Wrote: Could you not just do the sound seperately from the Insanity event?
Nope,
Cause the specific Event needds a sound for it to work \ show.
-
So this is a big problem.
Cause IF i want a EVENT to happen for 5 minutes for example..
BUT could been DEACTIVATE in another roo, the event stops BUT the sound continues!
-
So: when you run around and have some sounds playing this wil happen:
room 1 : event happens 5 minutes long.
room 2 : stops event.
IF going around that room 1 and 2 several times.

10 times is the room = 10 sound effects still playing...
PLUS 5 random sounds = STOP ALL SOUNDS PLAYING SadSad:
-
Can you understand what i mean?
11-03-2013, 10:34 PM
Find
Moniker Offline

Threads: 0

(11-01-2013, 10:20 AM)Patrik Wrote: New version is up!

Fixes
  • Added function StopCurrentInsanityEvent so you can stop the currently playing insanity event. This doesn't have any effect on audio events.
  • Updated a bunch of broken ragdoll objects. Make sure to copy the entity and static objects folder to your redist folder.
  • Fixed scaling and translation in collada models using Z_UP.

If anyone feels like playing the main story for testing purposes, that'd be much appreciated. I've already gone through it myself of course, but it's easy to miss stuff. Smile

I am playing through the main story now. However, all of the monsters are curiously missing. I just went into the water-logged level, and didn't see the invisible stalkers whatsoever. Nor, did I see any others when I got to the area where I have to create the explosive.

I installed both the file you uploaded and the optional files from A Machine For Pigs.
11-04-2013, 04:37 PM
Find
plutomaniac Offline
Super Moderator

Threads: 45

Patrick can't have missed during testing that all Amnesia monsters are gone. I suggest you reinstall Amnesia TDD cleanly (for retail reinstall and for steam do a file integrity check) and then apply the fixed files. Make a new profile, start a new game and check again if everything is ok.
11-04-2013, 06:21 PM
Find
Patrik Offline
Frictional Games

Threads: 3

(11-04-2013, 04:37 PM)Moniker Wrote: I am playing through the main story now. However, all of the monsters are curiously missing. I just went into the water-logged level, and didn't see the invisible stalkers whatsoever. Nor, did I see any others when I got to the area where I have to create the explosive.

I installed both the file you uploaded and the optional files from A Machine For Pigs.

I appreciate you going through the game again. Big Grin

Like Pluto said, the monsters were of course there when I tested it, but you never know. It's quite possible something that works on my computer doesn't work for someone else.

First thing to do is to make a clean install, install the update carefully following the instructions in the first post, don't copy the AMFP files, and test the game again.
Let me know if the problem persists.

If this fixes the issue, then you can copy the pig files over, but do so carefully and follow the instructions in the first post.
(This post was last modified: 11-04-2013, 08:43 PM by Patrik.)
11-04-2013, 08:42 PM
Find
PutraenusAlivius Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 75

Can I use a custom Lantern in a Custom Story? Just asking if the Update made this possible.

"Veni, vidi, vici."
"I came, I saw, I conquered."
11-04-2013, 11:43 PM
Find
Moniker Offline

Threads: 0

(11-04-2013, 08:42 PM)Patrik Wrote:
(11-04-2013, 04:37 PM)Moniker Wrote: I am playing through the main story now. However, all of the monsters are curiously missing. I just went into the water-logged level, and didn't see the invisible stalkers whatsoever. Nor, did I see any others when I got to the area where I have to create the explosive.

I appreciate you going through the game again. Big Grin

Like Pluto said, the monsters were of course there when I tested it, but you never know. It's quite possible something that works on my computer doesn't work for someone else.

First thing to do is to make a clean install, install the update carefully following the instructions in the first post, don't copy the AMFP files, and test the game again.
Let me know if the problem persists.

If this fixes the issue, then you can copy the pig files over, but do so carefully and follow the instructions in the first post.

Hi Patrik,

I reinstalled a clean copy and used the patch file as you had suggested. Still no monsters.
11-05-2013, 06:46 AM
Find
Patrik Offline
Frictional Games

Threads: 3

(11-05-2013, 06:46 AM)Moniker Wrote: Hi Patrik,

I reinstalled a clean copy and used the patch file as you had suggested. Still no monsters.

Damn. Undecided

Where did you get the game from? Steam? Our store?
If you want to run the game from a shortcut (or from within Steam), make sure to rename the new exe "Amnesia.exe" so that's the one that actually runs.
Did you start a new game or load an old save?

I can't reproduce the issue on my end, anyone else having a problem with monsters not appearing?
11-05-2013, 10:04 AM
Find
WALP Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 34

Did you check if you even have the monster files in your amnesia folder? look under C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Amnesia The Dark Descent\entities\enemy if on steam. The amnesia the dark decent folder is named redist if you got the game non steam.
11-05-2013, 12:58 PM
Find
plutomaniac Offline
Super Moderator

Threads: 45

I'll will test the main game as well. But I found an early bug even before main menu! Tongue At the intro notes when Gamma option appears if you click to change it, the next screen appears instead. That's because it's the same if you click Continue or just anywhere on the screen.

Also, Patrick include the latest SDL.dll file which fixes the alt-tab problem. Now that this update is about to be released it's a great opportunity to fix this once and for all: http://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/thr...l#pid70551
(This post was last modified: 11-05-2013, 06:14 PM by plutomaniac.)
11-05-2013, 04:25 PM
Find
Acies Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 60

(11-05-2013, 04:25 PM)plutomaniac Wrote: I'll will test the main game as well. But I found an early bug even before main menu! Tongue At the intro notes when Gamma option appears if you click to change it, the next screen appears instead. That's because it's the same if you click Continue or just anywhere on the screen.

Also, Patrick include the latest SDL.dll file which fixes the alt-tab problem. Now that this update is about to be released it's a great opportunity to fix this once and for: http://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/thr...l#pid70551
Thank you! I have been googling this issue but ending up at some other thread. Google must have updated their search priority fairly recently..

[Image: mZiYnxe.png]

11-05-2013, 04:59 PM
Find