Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 12 Vote(s) - 4.58 Average
Update coming! Brave testers needed!
Patrik Offline
Frictional Games

Threads: 3
RE: Update almost ready! Brave testers needed!

(11-07-2013, 09:29 AM)Kullin Wrote: This happens when I play the story, not when I load it in the editor (it looks right in the editor)

Static objects like that should definitely look exactly the same both in the game and in the editor.

First things to try:
- Double check that you are using the latest version of both the editor and the exe.

- Remove the msh files for those objects, as well as the map_cache for your level if there is one.

If the problem persist I'll have to look into it.
11-07-2013, 02:57 PM
Find
Fatalist Offline

Threads: 8

Please, answer me. Why "ExitInventory()" function doesnt work? Its old bug.

11-07-2013, 03:02 PM
Find
Kullin Offline

Threads: 23

(11-07-2013, 02:57 PM)Patrik Wrote:
(11-07-2013, 09:29 AM)Kullin Wrote: This happens when I play the story, not when I load it in the editor (it looks right in the editor)

Static objects like that should definitely look exactly the same both in the game and in the editor.

First things to try:
- Double check that you are using the latest version of both the editor and the exe.

- Remove the msh files for those objects, as well as the map_cache for your level if there is one.

If the problem persist I'll have to look into it.

Did both, still don't work Sad
11-07-2013, 03:04 PM
Find
DnALANGE Offline
Banned

Threads: 73

Patrik,
I have a small question about the LANTERN_Flicker when in sight or close to an enemy.
How did you do that in MFP??
Can i do the same thing with the flahlight or is it even possible?
if YES , what should we do to make the lantern flicker, i've checked the MFP_lantern there are 2 spotlights.
Propbly 1 for ACTIVE and 1 for the flicker.
but what does this function do : SetLightFlickerActive("Lantern", true);
(This post was last modified: 11-07-2013, 03:23 PM by DnALANGE.)
11-07-2013, 03:23 PM
Find
Patrik Offline
Frictional Games

Threads: 3

(11-07-2013, 03:02 PM)Fatalist Wrote: Please, answer me. Why "ExitInventory()" function doesnt work? Its old bug.

Not sure. I can check if it's simple to fix, but not making any promises.

(11-07-2013, 03:04 PM)Kullin Wrote: Did both, still don't work Sad

Okay, I'll try to reproduce on my end. Anyone else having these issues?

(11-07-2013, 03:23 PM)DnALANGE Wrote: Patrik,
I have a small question about the LANTERN_Flicker when in sight or close to an enemy.
How did you do that in MFP??
Can i do the same thing with the flahlight or is it even possible?
if YES , what should we do to make the lantern flicker, i've checked the MFP_lantern there are 2 spotlights.
Propbly 1 for ACTIVE and 1 for the flicker.
but what does this function do : SetLightFlickerActive("Lantern", true);

I don't think you can do that easily in TDD, no. There's some special code in AMFP that handles lamp and lantern flickering and it won't make it into this update.
11-07-2013, 04:43 PM
Find
plutomaniac Offline
Super Moderator

Threads: 45

(11-07-2013, 04:43 PM)Patrik Wrote: Okay, I'll try to reproduce on my end. Anyone else having these issues?

That reminds me of a same "problem" the grunt experiences. No matter how you set it to face at the editor, in-game it will load on a certain axis only. Don't remember which. I don't consider that an issue though as you can overcome it very easily. I never experienced reversed static objects though, that's strange. Does it happen with the old tools as well or just the new ones Patrick released?

(11-07-2013, 04:43 PM)Patrik Wrote: I don't think you can do that easily in TDD, no. There's some special code in AMFP that handles lamp and lantern flickering and it won't make it into this update.

You can make a custom .ent file for flickering lamps very easily by attaching a flickering light to it. No need to add a function for it really.
(This post was last modified: 11-07-2013, 06:17 PM by plutomaniac.)
11-07-2013, 06:16 PM
Find
DnALANGE Offline
Banned

(11-07-2013, 06:16 PM)plutomaniac Wrote:
(11-07-2013, 04:43 PM)Patrik Wrote: Okay, I'll try to reproduce on my end. Anyone else having these issues?

That reminds me of a same "problem" the grunt experiences. No matter how you set it to face at the editor, in-game it will load on a certain axis only. Don't remember which. I don't consider that an issue though as you can overcome it very easily. I never experienced reversed static objects though, that's strange. Does it happen with the old tools as well or just the new ones Patrick released?

(11-07-2013, 04:43 PM)Patrik Wrote: I don't think you can do that easily in TDD, no. There's some special code in AMFP that handles lamp and lantern flickering and it won't make it into this update.

You can make a custom .ent file for flickering lamps very easily by attaching a flickering light to it. No need to add a function for it really.

Explane a bit more please?
As Patrik said, it is in the code?
There won't be any possiblity as far as i know for IF ENEMY IS NEARBY Lanter flicker...
11-07-2013, 07:16 PM
Find
WALP Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 34

(11-07-2013, 07:16 PM)DnALANGE Wrote:
(11-07-2013, 06:16 PM)plutomaniac Wrote:

There won't be any possiblity as far as i know for IF ENEMY IS NEARBY Lanter flicker...
"Added script functions (SetPlayerPos, GetPlayerPosX, GetPlayerPosY, GetPlayerPosZ) for setting and getting the player's position.
Added script functions (SetEntityPos, GetEntityPosX, GetEntityPosY, GetEntityPosZ) for setting and getting the position of entities."

If you can get the XYZ of these into some variables, you should be able to calculate the distance between the player and the enemy(entity)
then once you had that number you would just have it trigger if the number becomes below a certain amount.
This would have to loop/repeat constantly(maybe every 1-3 seconds?) to work properly. exactly how these calculations go is out of my skill area as I am not a programmer, but it should involve some subtracting.

The real challenge though lies in triggering the flickering light in anyway at all. As far as I know you can only script lights placed with level editor, and this flickering light is not just attached to an entity but on something as specific as a hand object, doubt there is any support for that unless I am completely misguided.
11-07-2013, 07:54 PM
Find
DnALANGE Offline
Banned

(11-07-2013, 07:54 PM)The Mug Wrote:
(11-07-2013, 07:16 PM)DnALANGE Wrote:
(11-07-2013, 06:16 PM)plutomaniac Wrote: reproduce on my end. Anyone else having these issues?

That reminds me of a same "problem" the grunt experiences. No matter how you set it to face at the editor, in-game it will load on a certain axis only. Don't remember which. I don't consider that an
(11-07-2013, 04:43 PM)Patrik Wrote: Okay, I'll try to issue though as you can overcome it very easily. I never experienced reversed static objects though, that's strange. Does it happen with the old tools as well or just the new ones Patrick released?

"Added script functions (SetPlayerPos, GetPlayerPosX, GetPlayerPosY, GetPlayerPosZ) for setting and getting the player's position.
Added script functions (SetEntityPos, GetEntityPosX, GetEntityPosY, GetEntityPosZ) for setting and getting the position of entities."

If you can get the XYZ of these into some variables, you should be able to calculate the distance between the player and the enemy(entity)
then once you had that number you would just have it trigger if the number becomes below a certain amount.
This would have to loop/repeat constantly(maybe every 1-3 seconds?) to work properly. exactly how these calculations go is out of my skill area as I am not a programmer, but it should involve some subtracting.

The real challenge though lies in triggering the flickering light in anyway at all. As far as I know you can only script lights placed with level editor, and this flickering light is not just attached to an entity but on something as specific as a hand object, doubt there is any support for that unless I am completely misguided.

That sounds to anoying to make!
it's up to Patrik to add that function in the update!
Would be SUPER offcourse, so we can all make maps simulair to MFP!
We need that function!
Hope it is possible to add for us, would be one of the updates\functions i and all of us would love to see!
(This post was last modified: 11-07-2013, 09:00 PM by DnALANGE.)
11-07-2013, 09:00 PM
Find
WALP Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 34

I think the flickering lantern is a little too specific and minor thing for him to delve into, he already stated it wont be in this update anyway.
(This post was last modified: 11-07-2013, 09:04 PM by WALP.)
11-07-2013, 09:03 PM
Find