Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 7 Vote(s) - 4.43 Average
HELP TEST AAMFP 1.02 PATCH
Googolplex Offline
Banned

Threads: 246
RE: HELP TEST AAMFP 1.02 PATCH

After three weeks of waiting... still no final patch released.
Seems like there are some problems with it. It's good to take all time the patch need to fix all bugs, but three weeks ago, Jens said he will finish the patch next week. We all can wait, there is absolutely no must for a fast release, but I just wonder why it takes so much longer than planned.

Would be nice to get a further update to test.
(This post was last modified: 11-09-2013, 04:57 PM by Googolplex.)
11-09-2013, 04:52 PM
Find
bfc3bfcman1 Offline

Threads: 0

After enabling color-grading game runs very nice. Appropriate areas are color graded very nicely. Everything looks fine. However I seem to now be missing textures. Could be an error on my part. in second mansion area, the conveyor belt by the valve is missing its texture. And in the piston room area, a back wall seems to be missing its texture. I re-installed the game, and am trying the patch fresh again. I'll post if same error occurs. Thanks guys for your help!
(This post was last modified: 11-10-2013, 11:28 PM by plutomaniac.)
11-10-2013, 10:44 PM
Find
plutomaniac Offline
Super Moderator

Threads: 45

That's because of your installation. Reinstall the game completely and then apply the update.
11-10-2013, 11:29 PM
Find
bfc3bfcman1 Offline

(11-10-2013, 11:29 PM)plutomaniac Wrote: That's because of your installation. Reinstall the game completely and then apply the update.

That's what I did last time. I re-installed amnesia from steam, then I ran the installation and told it to install in the game directory, then copied all items from redist to game directory, merging folders and overwriting files. Am I doing something wrong?

By the way: Thanks for all your assistance with these issues. We really appreciate it.
11-12-2013, 07:48 AM
Find
plutomaniac Offline
Super Moderator

The game did not experience missing texture issues when it was released and even with the update, which I tested, everything texture-wise is fine. If game files is not the issue maybe corrupted graphics card drivers. But my best guess would be missing files causing problems. After the reinstallation maybe try to run the game as administrator and make a new profile.
11-12-2013, 02:23 PM
Find
bfc3bfcman1 Offline

Thank you I will try again and run as administrator. The problem seems to also affect the piston room. For some reason I can see all objects at the right time, but the walls only have orange texture until I get close to them. Then they 'appear.' But it doesn't happen before I install the patch. I'll see what I can figure out. Thanks again!
11-13-2013, 03:06 AM
Find
gatecr4sher Offline

[split] Blue Haze Problem

ETA that I wrote this post without knowing about the patch. Will try to patch if possible and report back.
-------

First off I'm enjoying the first parts of the game, but I did spend a significant amount of time trying to fix this issue, thinking it was just my display.

I just want to put in my two cents, which is that in my (non-technical) opinion this is a real issue that is simply affecting some people's hardware (monitor) more than others. Here's why I feel that way:

I'm running one of the newly released Macbook pros with the newer Intel Iris 5xxx graphics, through HDMI to a 42" 1080p TV. Odd setup I know, and I'm not under the impression that this is a good way to get perfect graphics. Bear with me.

I mirror my displays so what's on the laptop is also showing on the TV. During this, on the MBP's display everything looks fine and the game runs smoothly on high settings. There is no apparent haziness.

At the exact same time, the TV shows a washed-out, bluish haze over the whole screen that blurs everything and makes the game almost unplayable. It looks exactly like in the youtube video posted earlier by "Less Blue Haze Please".

Here's the catch: On my TV, the problem does not exist in the game start screen. Everything looks awesome. No blue haze. The second I press 'continue' and the environment loads, there is now the blue haze. You can see this on the youtube video as well and it also appears that the problem doesn't exist while reading the journal. So there is some sort of effect ONLY applied to the player's field of view in the 3d environment, and this effect is amplified on some displays. It would be nice to find the effect and maybe have a setting to turn it off if you're having that issue. Or maybe if the effect is intentional, it can be accomplished in a different way that doesn't make some displays greatly exacerbate the effects.

Like I said, in the start screen everything looks fine on both my displays. Loading the game, however, everything looks like crap but ONLY on my TV. I suppose it's possible that there's a setting on the TV and some other displays that's especially sensitive to the (seemingly intentional) blue haze effect. But I have tinkered with the TV's settings and I have no idea what that setting is.

Just putting what info I have into the conversation.
(This post was last modified: 11-14-2013, 07:25 AM by gatecr4sher.)
11-13-2013, 09:21 AM
Find
plutomaniac Offline
Super Moderator

(11-13-2013, 03:06 AM)bfc3bfcman1 Wrote: Thank you I will try again and run as administrator. The problem seems to also affect the piston room. For some reason I can see all objects at the right time, but the walls only have orange texture until I get close to them. Then they 'appear.' But it doesn't happen before I install the patch. I'll see what I can figure out. Thanks again!

Most probably then corrupted graphics card drivers. Make sure you follow Question 3 of the graphics card troubleshooting guide on how to make a clean reinstallation.

(11-13-2013, 09:21 AM)gatecr4sher Wrote: First off I'm enjoying the first parts of the game, but I did spend a significant amount of time trying to fix this issue, thinking it was just my display. [...]

Post moved here for better support. Have you tried Patch 1.02 which has an option to disable the blue haze? If the TV still does not work then it might be because the game was not tested on such hardware configurations.
(This post was last modified: 11-13-2013, 05:19 PM by plutomaniac.)
11-13-2013, 05:13 PM
Find
gatecr4sher Offline

(11-13-2013, 05:13 PM)plutomaniac Wrote:
(11-13-2013, 09:21 AM)gatecr4sher Wrote: First off I'm enjoying the first parts of the game, but I did spend a significant amount of time trying to fix this issue, thinking it was just my display. [...]

Post moved here for better support. Have you tried Patch 1.02 which has an option to disable the blue haze?

Wasn't aware of the patch. I'll try to patch and report back.
11-14-2013, 07:27 AM
Find
Bucic Offline

Threads: 27

I've just tried it, from start to almost the end of the game. Unfortunatelly it was my first playthrough, so I can provide limited input. Some notes:
- no problems with installation
- Vsync + adaptive + all new options enabled, smooth without any problems | SSAO Medium/8 | all of the rest enabled
- smoothing barely working
The rest of my notes contain spoilers! Same with the attached screenshots (hpl.log and autosaves included, comments in filenames)
Spoiler below!

- stuck at the electrical tower and the heart, "the upper coils" activated but nothing got triggered ("Kill him!"), even when I stepped onto the platform under the heart
- few graphical glitches (see the screenshots)
- the first encounter with the e-pig - it got stucked near the first switching unit (to the left from the entrance door). I hugged the corner, the pig right beside me, doing moonwalk and rotating +/- 30 degrees back and forth
- are the "basic pig" step sounds so weak by design or was it a bug? There is no mass in them! "Tss tss tss tss....... tss tss tss"
- the pigs in the cells (where you can observe them unthreatenned) have no sounds (the weeping one, the one playing blocks...)
- the detection abilities of the pigs were much sharper compared to what my friend told me, unlike his encounters I've never had a pig walk just pass me (~1 m distance, semi-dark, crouched)

System info:
AMD 6850 1 GB
AMD Quad core 3.4 GHz
Win 7 x64 (Pro)
game copy from humble store

Attachment
https://skydrive.live.com/redir?resid=66...EHr_M90eYY

Grphc mods
[Image: moddb_88x31_v12.png]
(This post was last modified: 11-18-2013, 10:55 AM by Bucic.)
11-17-2013, 08:19 PM
Find