Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How to play on OS X Mavericks 10.9.x "Could not load main_init....."
Tanner1294 Offline

Threads: 2
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago Video  How to play on OS X Mavericks 10.9.x "Could not load main_init....."

I'm gonna be short and sweet about this. This ain't gonna be pretty....

Go to your Amnesia.app and right-click, choose "Show Package Contents".

Navigate to Contents > Resources.

Once in the Resources folder, go to the terminal window and type "cd " (include the space, no quotes)

At the top of the finder window you can click and hold the folder icon in the titlebar, then drag the folder icon into the terminal window so it will place the path to the Resources folder in front of the "cd ". Hit Return.

In the Resources folder you'll see yet another Amnesia.app with the icon and everything. Right-click this one and choose "show package contents".

Navigate to Contents > MacOS

Drag the single file "Amnesia" into the Terminal window and hit Return.

Amnesia should now open (it may ask for a serial if this is the first run).

I've read somewhere that the cause of the problem is that the Amnesia game is trying to run using the wrong directory, hence why it can't find and load it's config files. This trick also works very similarly with the Penumbra games for Mac as well except for Black Plague there's a BlackPlague file instead of another .app.

By no means is this a permanent fix but at least you can run the game on Mavericks! Heart

Attached Files
.png   Screen Shot 2013-11-26 at 8.20.01 PM.png (Size: 52.35 KB / Downloads: 2,277)
(This post was last modified: 11-27-2013, 02:23 AM by Tanner1294.)
11-27-2013, 02:21 AM
Find
iiWeenieHD Offline

Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago RE: How to play on OS X Mavericks 10.9.x "Could not load main_init....."

yes it worked, thank you! but it starts out as a whole new game, so how can i load up my save?
11-28-2013, 12:10 AM
Find
Tanner1294 Offline

Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago RE: How to play on OS X Mavericks 10.9.x "Could not load main_init....."

(11-28-2013, 12:10 AM)iiWeenieHD Wrote: yes it worked, thank you! but it starts out as a whole new game, so how can i load up my save?

Are you referring to save from before the issues with Mavericks or after you used Terminal to run the game? You should be able to continue from your previous save since we're only telling the game where its own files are located.
11-28-2013, 06:12 AM
Find
iiWeenieHD Offline

(11-28-2013, 06:12 AM)Tanner1294 Wrote:
(11-28-2013, 12:10 AM)iiWeenieHD Wrote: yes it worked, thank you! but it starts out as a whole new game, so how can i load up my save?

Are you referring to save from before the issues with Mavericks or after you used Terminal to run the game? You should be able to continue from your previous save since we're only telling the game where its own files are located.

Im referring to the issues before with mavericks, my save file is still where it should be but it has started a whole new game and isnt coming up with my previous save :/
11-28-2013, 06:51 AM
Find
Ashtoreth Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 6

Hi,

Select "Load Game" on the main menu; does your previous save appear there?

(This post was last modified: 11-28-2013, 07:19 AM by Ashtoreth.)
11-28-2013, 07:15 AM
Find
TheBuggman Offline

Sounds like a really cool fix. Unfortunately, having bought my game through Steam, everything is compiled differently and the instructions here won't work for me.
11-29-2013, 06:56 AM
Find
iiWeenieHD Offline

ive fixed my problem, it created a whole new main folder with the new save game i created, so i just removed the new ones and put my original in, it now works! but i was to scared to even walk because the next door i would open the monster would be there :') thank you once again for this fix!
11-29-2013, 07:33 AM
Find
WaterMinecraft Offline

Threads: 1

I was just wondering if someone could post up the same stuff, but for us Steam users? (: Thank you! I can't seem to find out where you're talking about. I've been looking all this morning... So I'm guessing Steam totally packages it differently. I guess we need to wait for a patch! I just bought this game... So I'm not exactly happy that I can't play it, but I understand. (:
(This post was last modified: 12-09-2013, 09:29 PM by WaterMinecraft.)
12-09-2013, 06:53 PM
Find
Tanner1294 Offline

(12-09-2013, 06:53 PM)WaterMinecraft Wrote: I was just wondering if someone could post up the same stuff, but for us Steam users? (: Thank you! I can't seem to find out where you're talking about. I've been looking all this morning... So I'm guessing Steam totally packages it differently. I guess we need to wait for a patch! I just bought this game... So I'm not exactly happy that I can't play it, but I understand. (:

I've looked over the games I have in my Steam library and the way they've been packaged and strewn around my computer and I think maybe I know how to make it work? And to be honest if what I'm thinking is correct Steam users might be able to play ATTD easier than non-steam players like myself.

The only thing that's stopping me from telling you how to fix it is that I don't have the game through steam, I have the download through the Mac App Store instead (I got it before I felt the need to use Steam for anything). So my only real option here is to ask, does anyone here have a Guest Pass for ATTD on Steam? If so I might be able to get it working! Big Grin
12-11-2013, 12:29 AM
Find
jens Offline
Frictional Games

Threads: 199

This might work, replacing the penumbra stuff with amnesia
http://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/thread-24084.html
12-11-2013, 08:09 AM
Website Find