Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
No jumpscares?
drago17 Offline

Threads: 1
No jumpscares?

I was playing house of creep 5 with my friend and we realized that most of the jumpscares did not work (i have watched just a little bit of lets play of hc 5) when there supposed to be a naked guy flying at you it didnt show up and there was only one jumpscare. I have played house of creep 2 and 7 and they worked just fine! Could someone help me?Sad
12-14-2013, 10:08 AM
Find
i3670 Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 74
RE: No jumpscares?

So what you're saying is that you want to have dicks flying towards your face in high speed with a loud, overused sound.

Please, step into my office.

"What you think is irrelevant" - A character of our time

A Christmas Hunt
12-14-2013, 11:24 AM
Find
drago17 Offline

(12-14-2013, 11:24 AM)i3670 Wrote: So what you're saying is that you want to have dicks flying towards your face in high speed with a loud, overused sound.

Please, step into my office.

all im saying that the jumpscares dont work!
12-14-2013, 12:31 PM
Find
daortir Offline

Threads: 9

Hey, everyone has different tastes in CS : p. I don't know why it doesn't work, did you try downloading it again ? Are all the other CS working fine ? I mean right now, not before you installed HC5 ^^

I might try to DL it to see by myself, but I really don't like that kind of CS ><

(This post was last modified: 12-14-2013, 03:03 PM by daortir.)
12-14-2013, 03:02 PM
Find
drago17 Offline

(12-14-2013, 03:02 PM)daortir Wrote: Hey, everyone has different tastes in CS : p. I don't know why it doesn't work, did you try downloading it again ? Are all the other CS working fine ? I mean right now, not before you installed HC5 ^^

I might try to DL it to see by myself, but I really don't like that kind of CS ><

When i watched pewdies gameplay of hc5 it was completely different and mine was so short and boring.
12-14-2013, 03:59 PM
Find
daortir Offline

Well, jumpscare CS aren't really fun to play once you know where the jumpscares will be, are they ?
Anyway you can go to this page and find some high quality CS.

http://www.moddb.com/games/amnesia-the-d...ating-desc

Those are the best rated CS, and they have a real story behind them, some of them have custom monsters, very nice mapping... They are the best CS the amnesia community has created, according to the gaming community. You might want to give it a try if HC5 is boring.

12-14-2013, 04:26 PM
Find
Kreekakon Offline
Pick a god and pray!

Threads: 70

Guys, it's a person's own choice what sort of mod they like to play. If they enjoy it then let them play it how they want.

Also, this thread is supposed to be an asking for help thread, so perhaps actually try to help the person's "requested" problem instead of trying to show him a bunch of other stuff?

---------------------

As for drago's question...I'm not 100% sure on what your problem is. Are you saying that there may be a bug in the House of Creep stories, and some scares didn't appear? Or were you saying that they didn't exactly have the intended effect that you desired? It would really help if you could go into more detail on what your problem is.

[Image: Tv0YgQb.gif]
Image by BandyGrass
12-14-2013, 05:41 PM
Find
daortir Offline

I agree with you, my bad for the suggestions...
I did ask for more details though ^^. Aaand I also said the same thing as you about playin anything they wanted. Just did other suggestions because drago didn't answer my questions about the details ; p

(This post was last modified: 12-14-2013, 05:52 PM by daortir.)
12-14-2013, 05:49 PM
Find
drago17 Offline

(12-14-2013, 05:41 PM)Kreekakon Wrote: Guys, it's a person's own choice what sort of mod they like to play. If they enjoy it then let them play it how they want.

Also, this thread is supposed to be an asking for help thread, so perhaps actually try to help the person's "requested" problem instead of trying to show him a bunch of other stuff?

---------------------

As for drago's question...I'm not 100% sure on what your problem is. Are you saying that there may be a bug in the House of Creep stories, and some scares didn't appear? Or were you saying that they didn't exactly have the intended effect that you desired? It would really help if you could go into more detail on what your problem is.
The jumpscares dont work but some of them worked and the poofers were just fine. I updated to 1.2 now and downloaded all of my cs again. I will try the hc5 again.

(12-15-2013, 10:04 AM)drago17 Wrote:
(12-14-2013, 05:41 PM)Kreekakon Wrote: Guys, it's a person's own choice what sort of mod they like to play. If they enjoy it then let them play it how they want.

---------------------

The jumpscares dont work but some of them worked and the poofers were just fine. I updated to 1.2 now and downloaded all of my cs again. I will try the hc5 again.
Ok i just played the hc5 and the hole fucking story was different maybe i just picked the wrong download link.
(This post was last modified: 12-15-2013, 10:26 AM by drago17.)
12-15-2013, 10:04 AM
Find
Kreekakon Offline
Pick a god and pray!

Threads: 70

Yeah, the fact that you weren't on 1.2 before may have played some aprt in it, because as I understand it changed quite a lot to the game, making it the go-to version you needed to run many mod properly Wink

[Image: Tv0YgQb.gif]
Image by BandyGrass
12-15-2013, 12:57 PM
Find