Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Game Gifts & Codes Giveaways (Read Rules & No Requests) [Steam/Origin/Other]
Tiger Away
Posting Freak

Threads: 16
RE: Game Gifts & Codes Giveaways (Read Rules & No Requests) [Steam/Origin/Other]

You can either sell them or collect them to craft badges to level up on Steam.
01-02-2014, 04:51 PM
Find
Statyk Offline
Schrödinger's Mod

Threads: 72
RE: Game Gifts & Codes Giveaways (Read Rules & No Requests) [Steam/Origin/Other]

I'm pretty much on the same thought level as Scraper as well. And as soon as I got cards, I just sold them on the steam market for ~0.10-0.15 cents. I don't really care for them so it works out. Or you could craft them into a badge to get more cards, emoticons for Steam chat, and possibly a profile background. I don't know if there are Holiday backgrounds for the snow globe cards, but it might.
01-02-2014, 09:08 PM
Find
Ghieri Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 8

(01-02-2014, 09:08 PM)Statyk Wrote: I'm pretty much on the same thought level as Scraper as well. And as soon as I got cards, I just sold them on the steam market for ~0.10-0.15 cents. I don't really care for them so it works out. Or you could craft them into a badge to get more cards, emoticons for Steam chat, and possibly a profile background. I don't know if there are Holiday backgrounds for the snow globe cards, but it might.

[Image: tumblr_n6m5lsQThQ1qc99nxo1_250.gif]
01-02-2014, 11:51 PM
Find
plutomaniac Offline
Super Moderator

Threads: 45

Everything is on sale. The Snow Globe cards were bought after 2-3 seconds. Literally... I'm very impressed. Now my steam wallet has 1.25€. Nice... The 3 Walking dead cards remain now... Smile

EDIT: Great, everything sold. All 6 stuff. Now my steam wallet has 1.56€. Maybe buy something more until the sale is over? Yeap, got The Walking Dead 400 Days DLC. Again, thx guys for the suggestion & help.
(This post was last modified: 01-03-2014, 03:35 AM by plutomaniac.)
01-03-2014, 12:42 AM
Find
alphachurch
Unregistered

(01-03-2014, 12:42 AM)plutomaniac Wrote: Everything is on sale. The Snow Globe cards were bought after 2-3 seconds. Literally... I'm very impressed. Now my steam wallet has 1.25€. Nice... The 3 Walking dead cards remain now... Smile

EDIT: Great, everything sold. All 6 stuff. Now my steam wallet has 1.56€. Maybe buy something more until the sale is over? Yeap, got The Walking Dead 400 Days DLC. Again, thx guys for the suggestion & help.

I haven't bought anything except with gift cards or someone gave it to me so they won't allow me to put stuff on the market. I'm actually collecting the cards but I keep getting duplicates, they probably aren't worth much but I guess I could give them to the first person to ask about them and give you cards as I receive more dupes
01-04-2014, 03:05 PM
plutomaniac Offline
Super Moderator

Definitely sell them if you don't care about them like me. You usually get as Statyk said around 0.15 for each. However, during the sales the Globe cards or whatever they are called can be sold a lot more (even 4€ instead of the normal 1€). Steam also conveniently shows a price graph before selling them to set an acceptable price so it's actually very easy even if you have no idea how much a card you have is worth.
01-04-2014, 04:02 PM
Find
alphachurch
Unregistered

(01-04-2014, 04:02 PM)plutomaniac Wrote: Definitely sell them if you don't care about them like me. You usually get as Statyk said around 0.15 for each. However, during the sales the Globe cards or whatever they are called can be sold a lot more (even 4€ instead of the normal 1€). Steam also conveniently shows a price graph before selling them to set an acceptable price so it's actually very easy even if you have no idea how much a card you have is worth.

I can't sell them...Even though I got the Deep Silver bundles and Half Life Collection, Steam reads them as "Free" in the transactions so I've never made an official purchase on the Steam Market thus I don't have a Steam Wallet...their fraud guard won't let me sell anything. that's why I'm giving away the cards so someone else can sell them
01-04-2014, 05:34 PM
Acies Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 60

Due to the tips here I sold my cards. Got ~ 5€ all in all, so that's nice. On another note I have a garry's mod to give away.

[Image: mZiYnxe.png]

01-04-2014, 05:40 PM
Find
plutomaniac Offline
Super Moderator

I had 6 cards, 3 of which I got from actually playing a game. The other ones for purchasing stuff during the Winter bundle. But yeah it makes sense to not allow you to sell them if you got the games or them for free. I guess the same will apply if you gift them to someone. How many do you have?

Added Garry's Mod by Acies to the list.
(This post was last modified: 01-04-2014, 05:49 PM by plutomaniac.)
01-04-2014, 05:47 PM
Find
alphachurch
Unregistered

(01-04-2014, 05:47 PM)plutomaniac Wrote: I had 6 cards, 3 of which I got from actually playing a game. The other ones for purchasing stuff during the Winter bundle. But yeah it makes sense to not allow you to sell them if you got the games or them for free. I guess the same will apply if you gift them to someone. How many do you have?

Added Garry's Mod by Acies to the list.

I'll have to check for sure but I know its somewhere between 3-6
01-04-2014, 05:54 PM