Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 5 Average
[Tutorial] Convert Penumbra Models to Amnesia
Gamemakingdude Offline

Threads: 82
RE: [Tutorial] Convert Penumbra Models to Amnesia

(11-05-2011, 03:46 PM)Acies Wrote:
(11-05-2011, 09:48 AM)Gamemakingdude Wrote: How do i make the doors act like proper doors?
Study a door from Amnesia in the ModelEditor. Normally there is two bodies; one for the door and one for the "point of rotation". There is also a joint hinge between these two bodies. You will notice the "build up" of it once you have a look at it.
Ive made an hinge door but the door doesnt do anything and i dont get a hand sign over them.

Rep if like me or im helpful or you love my stories!
Stephanos house
11-06-2011, 06:57 AM
Find
The Rock Worm Offline

Threads: 83

First off, I want to thank you for taking the time to make Penumbra stuff into Amnesia and showing/telling others how to do it. Second, if I wanted to add the Rock Worm from Black Plague as a new monster in Amnesia, what steps would I need to take?
11-24-2011, 03:28 PM
Find
MaZiCUT Offline

Threads: 31

I have a good reason to bump this,

How do you make entities to actually entities? Like i have a trashcan and a lid and i want to be able to open the lid and i've got a trashbag too, i want to be able to move it.

I want to be able to move all those three things.

Hi.
07-06-2012, 10:05 PM
Website Find
The Rock Worm Offline

Threads: 83

(10-20-2010, 07:08 PM)Everlone Wrote: How to Convert some Models from Penumbra to Amnesia:

I hope its useful and your understand my broken english Wink if they are some problems, ask me. I try to help.
I tried following your steps to bring this http://media.giantbomb.com/uploads/0/911..._48_07.jpg into Amnesia. Since it's connected to the map I opened it in Blender and deleted everything else except for the worm statue. However it's invisible. Can you help? It's the first level of Penumbra Requiem (level01.dae).
09-15-2012, 01:58 AM
Find
SSEAlexander Offline

Threads: 26

i just converted Hunter from Penumbra Tech Demo! Thank you so much now i will take care of Roach Smile
02-22-2014, 10:16 AM
Find
Mudbill Offline
Muderator

Threads: 59

Is there some kind of movement towards reviving long gone threads? I don't get it.

But I suppose if it still is relevant it could pass.

02-22-2014, 02:04 PM
Find
OriginalUsername Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 42

It is really frustrating, especially when they're reviving threads with useless comments. I don't think it's 'illegal' but it's annoying as fuck.
02-22-2014, 02:32 PM
Find
MsHannerBananer Offline

Threads: 34

If your objective is to scare away members from ever posting in the forum, I think you guys should get medals.

Regardless of how old the thread is, or how 'useless' you think the comment is, in this situation the commenter is grateful, and is showing their thanks by commenting. Their comment isn't useless.

02-23-2014, 08:57 PM
Find
Mudbill Offline
Muderator

Threads: 59

(02-23-2014, 08:57 PM)HannahDJA Wrote: If your objective is to scare away members from ever posting in the forum, I think you guys should get medals.

Regardless of how old the thread is, or how 'useless' you think the comment is, in this situation the commenter is grateful, and is showing their thanks by commenting. Their comment isn't useless.

I didn't mean to sound disappointed or anything, it just seems that the past few days quite a few old threads have been revived unnecessarily. This is not one of the cases, because I don't think a "thanks" is in any way useless, however some replies to other threads were answers to questions asked 2 years ago, which I don't think are relevant anymore. Perhaps they find the thread through Google and don't notice the time stamp. I admit to missing it several times myself. Regardless, it just seemed to happen so often that it almost seemed like the user did it intentionally or was unaware.

My apologies to Stenclowskimat if I sounded rude.

02-23-2014, 09:33 PM
Find