Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Penumbra Apocalypse[Cancelled]
SSEAlexander Offline

Threads: 26
RE: Penumbra Apocalypse[WIP]

if u want more info and information about progress , checkout http://penumbrapo.blogspot.com/2014/03/o...-game.html
03-14-2014, 06:30 PM
Find
SSEAlexander Offline

Godzilla Enemy is now revealed at Updates and Monsters Section on main site.
03-15-2014, 03:46 PM
Find
Red Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 49

Godzilla? Where did you get that? You made that yourself?
03-15-2014, 04:51 PM
Find
LordOfDragons Offline

Threads: 14

(03-15-2014, 04:51 PM)Red Wrote: Godzilla? Where did you get that? You made that yourself?

Hm i dont think so. Modelling and animating a monster/npc is damn hard, especially if it needs to look realistic.

But its possible he did so.

The question that will never be answered:
SOMA WHY ARE YOU SO BEAUTIFUL? ;_;
03-15-2014, 05:35 PM
Find
SSEAlexander Offline

I have GMOD 13 with Godzilla ragdoll addon.
I searched for Godzilla model for internet but,i needed to pay for every like 293$
So i used Crafty to open Godzilla.mdl from the GMOD addon.
I exported it as obj.I used vtf2tga to convert the vtf to textures.I opened maya,Imported the Obj file,Added Materials and Exported as .dae using ColladaExporter plugin.Last,i opened model editor(amnesia) and i imported an mesh.I added materials to it,saved as .ent and done!
03-15-2014, 05:40 PM
Find
Red Offline
Posting Freak

(03-15-2014, 05:40 PM)stenclowskimat Wrote: I have GMOD 13 with Godzilla ragdoll addon.
I searched for Godzilla model for internet but,i needed to pay for every like 293$
I exported it as obj.I used vtf2tga to convert the vtf to textures.I opened maya,Imported the Obj file,Added Materials and Exported as .dae using ColladaExporter plugin.Last,i opened model editor(amnesia) and i imported an mesh.I added materials to it,saved as .ent and done!

You better give the modeller credit for this, if you get this finished, and
by the way, It's pretty wierd to have Godzilla on Penumbra universe in my opinion.
(This post was last modified: 03-15-2014, 06:04 PM by Red.)
03-15-2014, 06:04 PM
Find
SSEAlexander Offline

(03-15-2014, 06:04 PM)Red Wrote:
(03-15-2014, 05:40 PM)stenclowskimat Wrote: I have GMOD 13 with Godzilla ragdoll addon.

by the way, It's pretty wierd to have Godzilla on Penumbra universe in my opinion.
Yea i know xD but did u seen main website of apocalypse? You will meet 2 millitary units : "K.A.E" And "R.A.T.W" Is it also wierd? Tongue
03-15-2014, 06:18 PM
Find
Red Offline
Posting Freak

(03-15-2014, 06:18 PM)stenclowskimat Wrote:

Yea i know xD but did u seen main website of apocalypse? You will meet 2 millitary units : "K.A.E" And "R.A.T.W" Is it also wierd? Tongue

Yeah, you're really mixing radical ideas together, not that it's bad thing per se, you can always do the implementing well, so the story ends up well. But for notice, do not rip off models which you're not allowed to use, you can in the worst case break the copyright law, i believe you already knew that.
(This post was last modified: 03-15-2014, 06:34 PM by Red.)
03-15-2014, 06:33 PM
Find
SSEAlexander Offline

(03-15-2014, 06:33 PM)Red Wrote:
(03-15-2014, 06:18 PM)stenclowskimat Wrote:

Yeah, you're really mixing radical ideas together, not that it's bad thing per se, you can always do the implementing well, so the story ends up well. But for notice, do not rip off models which you're not allowed to use, you can in the worst case break the copyright law, i believe you already knew that.
I already know that.if u used too many models and i did not know that they was only for permission,gonna cancel mod and start creating "Amnesia : A Late Time In The Night" which will contain tons of AAMFP Assets.
03-15-2014, 06:36 PM
Find
Red Offline
Posting Freak

I am giving you a hint which you can follow if you wish or not, it's up to you.
But for a newbie, don't take too big projects, it will most likely end up cancelled. That's due the lack of exprience and knowledge, before making anything big, like i believe this project is, make something maybe shorter and smaller with the default assests. Smaller things let's you to be step by step better modder in every aspect as you learn. This is how i've done,
i am still doing, i am still learning new things even though i have over 2 and half year experience.
03-15-2014, 06:48 PM
Find