Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Amnesia A Late Time In The Night
SSEAlexander Offline

Threads: 26
Amnesia A Late Time In The Night

Do u remember my Penumbra Apocalypse? I was bad at mapping then.But i improved myself and decided to make an AMFP Full conversion mod.
Here`s the info :

[Image: Alt.jpg]

[Image: Amnesia+2014-03-15+21-18-54-97.bmp]

[Image: Amnesia+2014-03-15+21-19-12-14.bmp]

Yes,this full conversion mod contains new monsters.

Enginner (AMFP)
Wretch (AMFP)
Tesla (AMFP)
+
One non AMFP monster.

The main character of the game is Michael Envy.

Short explain of beggining of the game:

You wake in your house but your wife "Manda" dissapeared from your house.You go to forest to search for her.You find a small,nice house.When u enter it,Nightmare`s are starting to appear.You are starting to see Giant Worms but you just realize that this is your imagination.When u procced foreward in the house,You fall very deep but u survive.
You hear Manda screaming Help.You are trying to find a way to her.But,ManPigs are blocking your way.Find a way to evade them.Remember,An horrible shadow is hunting you everywhere.

Main Site : http://amnesia-alt.blogspot.com/2014/03/what-is-it.html
(WORK IN PROGRESS)

Demo : 25%
Full ver : 0%
Very Early Alpha : 98%
(This post was last modified: 03-20-2014, 05:17 PM by SSEAlexander.)
03-15-2014, 08:37 PM
Find
Slanderous Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 78
RE: Amnesia A Late Time In The Night

Uh, the screenshots quality is terrible. You have waaaay too much gamma set in-game.

Also, the maps are too simple and empty, and sipmly boring. I believe that you didn't even put a boxlight or anything to the maps, you've just increased the gamma. Anyway good luck, I think.
03-15-2014, 11:05 PM
Find
Wapez Offline

Threads: 37

Here's a few tips:

1. Open maps from the REAL Amnesia:TDD game in the HPL Level Editor.
2. Inspect and analyze how Frictional Games created their maps.
3. Try to create somewhat similar areas to get the hand of how to make good maps.
4. Repeat this as well as increasingly start to experiment and add your own touch to the maps for a couple of months.
5. Start on a real, thought out, custom story.
6. Finish 50% of it.
7. OPTIONAL: Announce it.
8. Release it. Be proud of it, cause you put down at least a year's hard work into learning and building in the HPL editor.

This is the way to get people to like your story. I'm not saying it's the only way, and I'm not even saying you necessarily have to improve, but if you want people to enjoy your work, you need to put A LOT of time and effort into learning how to do this first.

Good luck.

Founder & Legally Accountable Publisher of Red Line Games.
Environment & Gameplay Designer and Scripter.
http://moddb.com/mods/in-lucys-eyes
03-16-2014, 12:14 AM
Find
MsHannerBananer Offline

Threads: 34

(03-15-2014, 08:37 PM)stenclowskimat Wrote: Short explain of beggining of the game:

You wake in your house and you go into a small house.But when u enter it,something bad happens.

I think you should rethink your... story line. There's nothing particularly interesting about waking up in a house and something bad happening. That's basically every horror story ever written. You wake up and something bad happens.

Based on initial assessment you STILL need to work on mapping. Room needs to be smaller, stop turning up the gamma and utilize light boxes, spot lights and point lights, ceiling looks too low and cuts off the rest of the walls, the shelf needs books/decor, and you need to personalize the room. There's nothing really interesting in the menu, nothing eye catching, nothing unique. If you want people to be interested in this, you need to sit down and spend hours working on it.

Custom stories don't just happen in 5 minutes.

I can only suggest finding someone to help you map. You say you've improved, but I'm sorry to say that I don't see any improvement at all. Sad

03-16-2014, 09:16 AM
Find
Radical Batz Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 145

I'm sorry to say this but you think you're improved by showing a picture of just walls with lanterns turned on??

It's like you went in the level editor and just made walls and just lanterns!

That's not improving and I told you before not to make it so bright, use point lights instead with candlesticks, that would look petty good.

You really don't need to be fast, you have to work a lot and be slow to improve your work, then people will like your custom story more.

(This post was last modified: 03-16-2014, 10:17 AM by Radical Batz.)
03-16-2014, 09:53 AM
Find
SSEAlexander Offline

Apocalypse will end up cancelled.Only my best friend and i will have access to it.
All u can do is wait for This mod.Im better mapper now.Main menu on picture is not the final one`s.
03-16-2014, 01:21 PM
Find
7heDubz Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 40

Since you choose not to allow us to try to help I can only wish you the best of luck getting it done and finished, I will not play it, Nor do I assume to many of the people here would either.

I take that back, I might give it a play and keep the link so I can send it to people that ask for legit help with their mapping and tell them "Don't do this."

Wow. I was nice and an ass there.

(This post was last modified: 03-16-2014, 01:30 PM by 7heDubz.)
03-16-2014, 01:30 PM
Find
Red Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 49

Got to screenshot critism thread, there you'll find examples what the levels should really look like. Don't take this as an insult but in my opinion those pics looks just horrible.

EDIT: And maybe that description needs more work too.
(This post was last modified: 03-16-2014, 01:38 PM by Red.)
03-16-2014, 01:36 PM
Find
SSEAlexander Offline

(03-16-2014, 01:36 PM)Red Wrote: Got to screenshot critism thread, there you'll find examples what the levels should really look like. Don't take this as an insult but in my opinion those pics looks just horrible.

EDIT: And maybe that description needs more work too.
Thanks.Request from u i`ll take.Gonna change it and Change maps...if u wish
03-16-2014, 01:44 PM
Find
7heDubz Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 40

Red has a following now!

03-16-2014, 01:50 PM
Find