Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Front page of IGN
SHODANFreeman Offline

Threads: 15
RE: Front page of IGN

I don't think the videos are "spoiler ridden". I mean, you might get a sense of what the storyline deals with, but it's not like they're showing you an entire plot summary, complete with ending, or something.
06-09-2010, 08:13 PM
Find
naturon Offline

Threads: 1

(06-09-2010, 08:13 PM)SHODANFreeman Wrote: I don't think the videos are "spoiler ridden". I mean, you might get a sense of what the storyline deals with, but it's not like they're showing you an entire plot summary, complete with ending, or something.

Oh gee, I thought this was supposed to be game about amnesia? How would it not be a better experience not to know what your goal is? For example the:

Spoiler below!
killing of that Alexander fellow

Why would you want to know that this occurs in the game? The marketed the game's plot as one shrouded in mystery and doubt, so I honestly can't see why watching videos explaining what the plot is would be appealing at all.

It's important to note that I didn't even click the link, as I assumed this would just be a topic where people talk about how great it is Amnesia is getting more publicity. Not some idiot abusing his press-copy of the game to write a review with spoilers no matter how minute on a game that isn't released for another two months...
06-09-2010, 08:39 PM
Find
gruesday Offline

Threads: 0

It all looks great to me.
06-09-2010, 08:40 PM
Website Find
nofsky Offline

Threads: 13

(06-09-2010, 08:39 PM)naturon Wrote: How would it not be a better experience not to know what your goal is?

Hey man, relax a bit. The preview (not a review) says you find out this "goal" soon after you start the game. They're not spoiling anything other than the early parts of the game. Same with the videos, both of them seem to be very early in the game, like the first rooms.

Btw, I love how huge the place seems, full of big rooms just like an old castle.
06-09-2010, 09:07 PM
Find
jens Offline
Frictional Games

Threads: 199

The IGN preview text and videos really have very little spoilers, so while there of course should be a spoiler warning for reading/seeing them, they are well made. In particular the videos does not really spoil much, at least not the bits I watched.
06-09-2010, 09:08 PM
Website Find
naturon Offline

Threads: 1

(06-09-2010, 09:07 PM)nofsky Wrote:
(06-09-2010, 08:39 PM)naturon Wrote: How would it not be a better experience not to know what your goal is?

Hey man, relax a bit. The preview (not a review) says you find out this "goal" soon after you start the game. They're not spoiling anything other than the early parts of the game. Same with the videos, both of them seem to be very early in the game, like the first rooms.

Btw, I love how huge the place seems, full of big rooms just like an old castle.

Oh I'm not angry at all, I was just asking why you would want to read the premise of a game like this; seeing as how not even the official website offers any information about the plot. I thought that was the intended effect? Anyway I still think I will pass, despite me being curious now.

EDIT: After hearing Jens' confirmation I decided to check out the link and some of the videos. Excellent stuff from the looks of it, and to be honest probably only augmented my excitement for the game. Can't wait for its release.
06-09-2010, 10:17 PM
Find
RoyaleBeast Offline

Threads: 16

my penumbra expirence was spoiled a bit from helloweens videos, penumbra was fun but i knew what was going to happen with the scares. atleast for the first game. the second i never watched so it was awesome. Watching those videos is already to much cause they are actualy from the game unlike the teaser gameplay before
06-10-2010, 12:00 AM
Find
Sexbad Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 40

I have to say I am in love with the refraction you use when Danny goes insane.

[Image: jao3z.jpg]
06-10-2010, 12:05 AM
Website Find
ajvitaly Offline

Threads: 12

I'm not watching any more videos are looking at any other screen shots. Too many times in the past I have done this with movies or games, and then when I finally get my first chance to play/see it, it doesn't feel new or fresh to me.

So I'm saving this one.
06-10-2010, 01:18 AM
Find
RoyaleBeast Offline

Threads: 16

i read the preview. it really doesnt rveal any plot other than the very begining, he even says its just the demo, it does reveal a new monster though witch i will be shitting as i run from
06-10-2010, 01:08 PM
Find