Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Anyone in need of good English translations?
Staminist Offline

Threads: 1
Anyone in need of good English translations?

I've seen and played many CS and I was really surprised how many of them have bad English. I know, I know... not everybody speaks the language that well, but when I read some texts that are LITERALLY C/P from GoogleTranslate, I just lose it.... Tongue

Soooo..... Guys/Girls - It's no shame to reach for help if you need it Wink
I'd be more than happy to do translations! Since we have GoogleTranslate, I think that 70-80% of all languages available wouldn't be a problem to translate properly and make sense of what the writer intended to say. I speak only 3 languages perfectly, but hey... I can promise this - You will get a transcript of your text, on "spot on" English! Smile

Cheers!
03-18-2014, 04:01 PM
Find
PutraenusAlivius Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 75
RE: Anyone in need of good English translations?

I think this is useful since not many people on here speaks perfect English (Excluding the native speakers of course.).

"Veni, vidi, vici."
"I came, I saw, I conquered."
03-18-2014, 04:02 PM
Find
Staminist Offline

(03-18-2014, 04:02 PM)SomethingRidiculous Wrote: I think this is useful since not many people on here speaks perfect English (Excluding the native speakers of course.).

That's why I opened this topic, so that the games/CS would be as polished as possible. I hope that I can contribute, that's the least I could do - for all those days playing nameless, countless, great MODs I came across.
03-18-2014, 04:07 PM
Find
Mudbill Offline
Muderator

Threads: 59

It's kinda funny how so many native English speakers are actually quite poor with the grammar. But yeah, a majority of the native speakers will of course speak better than most non-native.

Just curious, what three languages do you speak?

03-18-2014, 04:09 PM
Find
Skyy Offline

Threads: 5

I'll PM you when I need help!
03-18-2014, 04:17 PM
Find
Red Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 49

I've been looking people like you lately without any progress. I have a little job for you.

Let's make it this way for change, PM me if you are interested.
(This post was last modified: 03-18-2014, 04:46 PM by Red.)
03-18-2014, 04:45 PM
Find
Romulator Offline
Not Tech Support ;-)

Threads: 63

(03-18-2014, 04:01 PM)Staminist Wrote: Since we have GoogleTranslate, I think that 70-80% of all languages available wouldn't be a problem to translate properly...

Hate to burst your bubble here, but even with Google Translate, I wouldn't always trust its capabilities of going from every language properly to English, after grammar checks.

And, no offense, your grammar is not the best either:
"I've seen and played many CS and I was really surprised how many of them have bad English."
could be worded as:
"I have seen and played lots of Custom Stories and I was really surprised by their lack of proper English use."

Regardless, having this topic is a good idea. I think those who are willing to correctly go over language files for others, not necessarily only English, would be quite handy for the general database!

Discord: Romulator#0001
[Image: 3f6f01a904.png]
03-19-2014, 11:00 AM
Find
Staminist Offline

(03-18-2014, 04:09 PM)Mudbill Wrote: It's kinda funny how so many native English speakers are actually quite poor with the grammar. But yeah, a majority of the native speakers will of course speak better than most non-native.

Just curious, what three languages do you speak?

My native languages are Hungarian and Serbian. English is common knowledge, and I am learning some Deutsche Smile

Red Wrote:I'll PM you when I need help!

No problem! I'm checking my inbox (here on FG) every 2nd-3rd day, feel free to write Wink

Romulator Wrote:Hate to burst your bubble here, but even with Google Translate, I wouldn't always trust its capabilities of going from every language properly to English, after grammar checks.

I never said I would trust and use 100% GT, I was referring to people who actually use GT without 'cleaning up' it's mess, catch my drift? Wink
(This post was last modified: 03-19-2014, 11:14 AM by Staminist.)
03-19-2014, 11:13 AM
Find
Romulator Offline
Not Tech Support ;-)

Threads: 63

(03-19-2014, 11:13 AM)Staminist Wrote:
Romulator Wrote:Hate to burst your bubble here, but even with Google Translate, I wouldn't always trust its capabilities of going from every language properly to English, after grammar checks.

I never said I would trust and use 100% GT, I was referring to people who actually use GT without 'cleaning up' it's mess, catch my drift? Wink

Yep! Got ya Smile Sorry for misunderstanding :3

Discord: Romulator#0001
[Image: 3f6f01a904.png]
(This post was last modified: 03-19-2014, 11:39 AM by Romulator.)
03-19-2014, 11:38 AM
Find
RaideX Offline

Threads: 33

Quote:My native languages are Hungarian and Serbian. English is common knowledge, and I am learning some Deutsche Smile

Actually, it's "deutsch".

I'm learning some deutsch. Smile

Anyhow. I like the idea behind this. How it turns out is another question though.

If you don't draw first, you don't get to draw at all... -The False Shepherd
03-19-2014, 09:33 PM
Find