Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

What's the best gaming PC for Amnesia
kwarrior109 Offline

Threads: 2
What's the best gaming PC for Amnesia

Right now, I'm using a Dell Inspiron One All-In-One and the game is very laggy (might I add that it can't do much else without lag or not working properly), especially when there's a lighting effect or fog effect, I was wondering what the best gaming PC would be for Amnesia (I'm looking for a computer that can run Amnesia with no lag ). Please leave suggestions of computers that I should look into to.

Things I should've mentioned but was too stupid to mention them:
#1. I want the computer to not be an All-In-One, I like tower computers since I feel that it well work and not have a panic attack when I try to watch a Youtube video.
#2. I would like it if the computer can run Minecraft at Normal render distance with graphics on Fancy and if it can play games that were made from 2010 to 2013.
#3. It doesn't matter how much the computer costs since I'll be saving up money to get it but I'll reject it if the price is too outrageous.
#4. I want it from a company that is trustable and loyal, so that way I don't get ripped off.
#5. I'm American.
(This post was last modified: 03-21-2014, 07:45 PM by kwarrior109.)
03-21-2014, 12:23 AM
Find
Mudbill Offline
Muderator

Threads: 59
RE: What's the best gaming PC for Amnesia

You won't need a really strong PC to run Amnesia without lag. What are you looking for though? Just any PC that runs it? Should it run any other games? What's the price budget?

03-21-2014, 08:13 AM
Find
Googolplex Offline
Banned

Threads: 246

For 450 euros:

AMD A10-7850K (integrated Radeon R7)
8 GB DDR3-2133
60 GB SSD + 1 TB HDD

For 800 euros:

Intel Core i5-4570
8 GB DDR3-2133
nVIDIA GeForce GTX 770
60 GB SSD + 1 TB HDD
03-21-2014, 06:22 PM
Find
kwarrior109 Offline

"What are you looking for though?"
I would like a tower computer , but as long as it's not an All-In-One, than I'll be happy.

"Just any PC that runs it? Should it run any other games?"
If it can run Minecraft that would awesome and games that were released from 2010 to 2013.

"What's the price budget?"
As for the budget it doesn't matter too much because I'm going to save up money for it but I need a goal first, just make sure that the computer isn't something that only a rich person could afford, please.

"You won't need a really strong PC to run Amnesia without lag."
Trust me, this Dell Inspiron One All-In-One computer is just as strong as an IPhone, it can barely run Youtube, it's honestly a miracle that it can run Amnesia, with a lot of lag of course.

(03-21-2014, 06:22 PM)Googolplex Wrote: For 450 euros:

AMD A10-7850K (integrated Radeon R7)
8 GB DDR3-2133
60 GB SSD + 1 TB HDD

For 800 euros:

Intel Core i5-4570
8 GB DDR3-2133
nVIDIA GeForce GTX 770
60 GB SSD + 1 TB HDD

This looks more like video cards and other things inside computers than a name to a pre built computer, and I'm American (guess I should've mentioned that ...)
(This post was last modified: 03-21-2014, 07:23 PM by kwarrior109.)
03-21-2014, 07:17 PM
Find
Mudbill Offline
Muderator

So you want a pre-built one? You know that if you build your own, or at least order your own parts separately, you will save more money as well as get better performance. For like $1000 you can get an alright laptop, but if you use $1000 for custom parts, you'll get a semi-strong desktop.

If you want a really powerful PC for recent games, I suggest spending like $2000. If you can do that, it will probably last you for quite a few years and still let you run new games at a good framerate. Perhaps it won't run the most intensive games at ultra, but at reduced settings it will definitely get you over 60 FPS. 60+ FPS is great. Anything more usually isn't visible, but below that you will notice stuttering. I'd take a v-synced 60 FPS over 300 unsynced any day.

Now, since you said you wanted a pre-built tower, a really quick visit to amazon.com gave me this result. By the looks of it, it's as I said; semi-strong. It's just below $1000 and the specs seem fairly good. I would personally prefer an Intel processor and an AMD graphic card, but this should work fine.

Are you a tech savvy person? If you are, I suggest looking into custom parts. A quick video on Youtube will tell you how to assemble it, just be careful with them and you'll be fine.

These are some of my specs, and I get quite good framerate on the games that I play.

- Intel i7 Quad-core @ 3.4 GHz
- 8GB DDR3 RAM
- AMD Radeon HD 6970M
- 1TB Internal HDD

I have quite a lot more, but I won't need to list it. I get a stable 60 FPS in Amnesia, Skyrim and Minecraft in 1080p resolution. When it comes to Minecraft, if I disable v-sync it usually chills around 200-300 FPS. I haven't checked Amnesia without limiting the FPS to 60, but I always use v-sync because it makes it more smooth.

Hope this puts things into perspective.

(This post was last modified: 03-21-2014, 08:58 PM by Mudbill.)
03-21-2014, 08:42 PM
Find
kwarrior109 Offline

(03-21-2014, 08:42 PM)Mudbill Wrote: So you want a pre-built one? You know that if you build your own, or at least order your own parts separately, you will save more money as well as get better performance. For like $1000 you can get an alright laptop, but if you use $1000 for custom parts, you'll get a semi-strong desktop.

If you want a really powerful PC for recent games, I suggest spending like $2000. If you can do that, it will probably last you for quite a few years and still let you run new games at a good framerate. Perhaps it won't run the most intensive games at ultra, but at reduced settings it will definitely get you over 60 FPS. 60+ FPS is great. Anything more usually isn't visible, but below that you will notice stuttering. I'd take a v-synced 60 FPS over 300 unsynced any day.

Now, since you said you wanted a pre-built tower, a really quick visit to amazon.com gave me this result. By the looks of it, it's as I said; semi-strong. It's just below $1000 and the specs seem fairly good. I would personally prefer an Intel processor and an AMD graphic card, but this should work fine.

Are you a tech savvy person? If you are, I suggest looking into custom parts. A quick video on Youtube will tell you how to assemble it, just be careful with them and you'll be fine.

These are some of my specs, and I get quite good framerate on the games that I play.

- Intel i7 Quad-core @ 3.4 GHz
- 8GB DDR3 RAM
- AMD Radeon HD 6970M
- 1TB Internal HDD

I have quite a lot more, but I won't need to list it. I get a stable 60 FPS in Amnesia, Skyrim and Minecraft in 1080p resolution. When it comes to Minecraft, if I disable v-sync it usually chills around 200-300 FPS. I haven't checked Amnesia without limiting the FPS to 60, but I always use v-sync because it makes it more smooth.

Hope this puts things into perspective.

Hmm, I might have to give that idea a try, it's probably easier to build a computer than to find a good pre-built computer that has a decent price, alright tell me all the specs you recommend me to use then I'll look up which store has the best price for them, btw thanks for the help.
(This post was last modified: 03-21-2014, 09:35 PM by kwarrior109.)
03-21-2014, 09:19 PM
Find
7heDubz Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 40

http://www.frys.com/product/7962450?sour...Ogod1hQA-w - 659.99$ ~ Good GPU with a plenty strong processor. Handle youtube fine, amnesia perfectly, and minecraft just as well. As well as most 2010-2013 games.

http://www.overstock.com/Electronics/CYB...0321203906 - 498.99$ ~ Weaker GPU then the other choices. Strong Processor however. Could handle youtube very well. and amnesia great. Handle minecraft just as fine.

To those more computer savvy (I like to think I'm pretty good) Lemme know if I'm wrong about any other this.

(This post was last modified: 03-21-2014, 09:50 PM by 7heDubz.)
03-21-2014, 09:45 PM
Find
Googolplex Offline
Banned

Threads: 246

(03-21-2014, 09:45 PM)WIWWM Wrote: http://www.frys.com/product/7962450?sour...Ogod1hQA-w - 659.99$ ~ Good GPU with a plenty strong processor. Handle youtube fine, amnesia perfectly, and minecraft just as well. As well as most 2010-2013 games.

http://www.overstock.com/Electronics/CYB...0321203906 - 498.99$ ~ Weaker GPU then the other choices. Strong Processor however. Could handle youtube very well. and amnesia great. Handle minecraft just as fine.

To those more computer savvy (I like to think I'm pretty good) Lemme know if I'm wrong about any other this.

No, a GeForce GT 610 is extremely slow. If he want a good computer for little money, he will get the best performance with this one:

AMD A10-7850K (4x 4,0 GHz Quad-Core with integrated Radeon R7)
8 GB DDR3-2133
60 GB SSD + 1 TB HDD
+ rest

for only 580 dollars.

Don't think integrated graphics are weak. This one is the most powerful with which you can play Battlefield 4 on High details @ 20 FPS.
Fast 2133 RAM is recommended because the IGPU will use 2 GB of it.

My brother has it and he played modern games like Tomb Raider, Risen 2, Skyrim, Battlefield 3 and The Witcher at max settings.
(This post was last modified: 03-22-2014, 12:59 PM by Googolplex.)
03-22-2014, 12:52 PM
Find
Mudbill Offline
Muderator

^ Why would your brother play with 20 FPS just to have it look good?

Well anyway, if you are to build your own, then I suggest prioritzing a graphics card and processor. My cousin just ordered himself a custom PC with parts like these: http://prntscr.com/2yhgyg
The price is approximately $2,000 (10,000 NOK which is my currency). You can find it cheaper, but feel free to use this as a template. I believe it will by default be cheaper in America because Norway is a very expensive country.
  • You will of course need a motherboard compatible with your parts. Don't take this for granted, so research what parts it accepts.
  • He bought an Intel i5 processor, which is still good. You can get an i7 instead, but it's not the most necessary unless you plan on doing processor-heavy tasks.
  • The graphics card he bought is the Nvidia GeForce GTX 770. This one is very strong and should definitely suffice for today and tomorrow.
  • He went with a 120 GB SSD + 1TB HDD. This is a very good setup, but that's up to you what you want. Having the OS installed on an SSD will make the PC boot a lot faster.
  • Next on the list is the cabinet. This is your choice. Not much to say, just be sure it fits with your motherboard and other parts.
  • RAM. Get 4 or preferrably 8 GB of it. RAM is pretty cheap anyway, so you might as well. Fast RAM is also neat.
  • The cooler is also kinda up to you, but you want to make sure you have sufficient cooling. You don't want your CPU or GPU or even PSU overheating. That's never a good thing. There are different ways of cooling. Water cooling is effective but more expensive. Make your pick.
  • Don't forget a DVD/disc drive. They aren't much used anymore, but unless you have the OS on a flash drive, you'll need it to install it (with the exception of LAN installation). A disc tray can also be handy at times.
  • The PSU (Power Supply Unit) is of course essential. Just get one with good Watt output and one that doesn't overheat. They usually come with integrated fans for cooling. My cousin got one with 750 Watts. I'm not an electrician, but I'm going to blindly assume this is a good one.
  • Last on his list is the display. You said you already had a montior? Well, then you're set. Either way you are free to get any. Having 2 can be really nice as well.
There are some tips for ordering custom parts. You will also need an OS. The best choice you have is probably Windows 7 x64 Ultimate. Dunno if you're much into Windows 8, but yeah.

(This post was last modified: 03-22-2014, 02:30 PM by Mudbill.)
03-22-2014, 02:27 PM
Find
kwarrior109 Offline

(03-22-2014, 02:27 PM)Mudbill Wrote: ^ Why would your brother play with 20 FPS just to have it look good?

Well anyway, if you are to build your own, then I suggest prioritzing a graphics card and processor. My cousin just ordered himself a custom PC with parts like these: http://prntscr.com/2yhgyg
The price is approximately $2,000 (10,000 NOK which is my currency). You can find it cheaper, but feel free to use this as a template. I believe it will by default be cheaper in America because Norway is a very expensive country.
  • You will of course need a motherboard compatible with your parts. Don't take this for granted, so research what parts it accepts.
  • He bought an Intel i5 processor, which is still good. You can get an i7 instead, but it's not the most necessary unless you plan on doing processor-heavy tasks.
  • The graphics card he bought is the Nvidia GeForce GTX 770. This one is very strong and should definitely suffice for today and tomorrow.
  • He went with a 120 GB SSD + 1TB HDD. This is a very good setup, but that's up to you what you want. Having the OS installed on an SSD will make the PC boot a lot faster.
  • Next on the list is the cabinet. This is your choice. Not much to say, just be sure it fits with your motherboard and other parts.
  • RAM. Get 4 or preferrably 8 GB of it. RAM is pretty cheap anyway, so you might as well. Fast RAM is also neat.
  • The cooler is also kinda up to you, but you want to make sure you have sufficient cooling. You don't want your CPU or GPU or even PSU overheating. That's never a good thing. There are different ways of cooling. Water cooling is effective but more expensive. Make your pick.
  • Don't forget a DVD/disc drive. They aren't much used anymore, but unless you have the OS on a flash drive, you'll need it to install it (with the exception of LAN installation). A disc tray can also be handy at times.
  • The PSU (Power Supply Unit) is of course essential. Just get one with good Watt output and one that doesn't overheat. They usually come with integrated fans for cooling. My cousin got one with 750 Watts. I'm not an electrician, but I'm going to blindly assume this is a good one.
  • Last on his list is the display. You said you already had a montior? Well, then you're set. Either way you are free to get any. Having 2 can be really nice as well.
There are some tips for ordering custom parts. You will also need an OS. The best choice you have is probably Windows 7 x64 Ultimate. Dunno if you're much into Windows 8, but yeah.

This gives me an idea on what I should look for also I never mentioned I had a monitor ... but I do have one it's kinda old so it probably wouldn't be work with a new video card (or whatever the port that monitors plug into is called) but I do keep mentioning this piece of crap called Dell Inspiron One All-In-One (but seriously I wouldn't be making this post if the processor on this computer would've been better than what Dell put in it, I actually found out that this processor has the same power has my old Gateway computer from either the early 2000s or the late 1990s I honestly don't know it was my mom's old computer she gave it to me because she got a new computer which is the Dell Insprion One All-In-One ... and it was a sad day to be me when I found that out, lol)

(03-22-2014, 12:52 PM)Googolplex Wrote:
(03-21-2014, 09:45 PM)WIWWM Wrote: http://www.frys.com/product/7962450?sour...Ogod1hQA-w - 659.99$ ~ Good GPU with a plenty strong processor. Handle youtube fine, amnesia perfectly, and minecraft just as well. As well as most 2010-2013 games.

No, a GeForce GT 610 is extremely slow. If he want a good computer for little money, he will get the best performance with this one:

AMD A10-7850K (4x 4,0 GHz Quad-Core with integrated Radeon R7)
8 GB DDR3-2133
60 GB SSD + 1 TB HDD
+ rest

for only 580 dollars.

Don't think integrated graphics are weak. This one is the most powerful with which you can play Battlefield 4 on High details @ 20 FPS.
Fast 2133 RAM is recommended because the IGPU will use 2 GB of it.

My brother has it and he played modern games like Tomb Raider, Risen 2, Skyrim, Battlefield 3 and The Witcher at max settings.

It's kinda funny that I made this post to find a computer that can play most games lag free or have little lag and your brother purposely plays games with nothing but lag.
(This post was last modified: 03-22-2014, 06:12 PM by kwarrior109.)
03-22-2014, 06:06 PM
Find