Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Proper scale exporting with 3dsmax
FreeFall Offline

Threads: 3
Proper scale exporting with 3dsmax

I looked around here for a while and all topics said 3dsmax has exporting issues.. meshes ending up to big and all that. I managed to find a way to work around this, i just hope I'm not bringing old news :p

It does take an extra minute or so, but if you don't want to run it through maya (like me) it's just fine..

These are the steps!
-Open a model you created, I used a wall (these are almost always 4x4m when using the metric unit setup in max)
-Import a .DAE mesh file that came with amnesia, in this case I also used a wall model when imported. This should have the same size as the created wall model if all goes right.
-Attach your own created mesh to the imported mesh, after that delete the imported mesh only leaving your own, your model now has the right scaling from the imported mesh!
-Export the mesh to the .DAE format and again check the box in the units tab saying automatic.

After that the usual modelview,editor stuff has to be done.

I hope everybody finds this useful, I sure am glad I figured this out!
(This post was last modified: 04-16-2014, 12:21 PM by FreeFall.)
04-16-2014, 10:52 AM
Find
Neelke Offline

Threads: 82
RE: Proper scale exporting with 3dsmax

I'm gonna assume DEA is a misspell, but thanks man, this will help me alot. Big Grin

Derp.
04-16-2014, 11:28 AM
Find
FreeFall Offline

Threads: 3
RE: Proper scale exporting with 3dsmax

(04-16-2014, 11:28 AM)Neelke Wrote: I'm gonna assume DEA is a misspell, but thanks man, this will help me alot. Big Grin

Yeah, sorry :p
04-17-2014, 08:51 PM
Find