Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Fandom Gruff ┬─┬ノ( º _ ºノ) UNFLIPPED THREAD
Nice Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 37
RE: Random Stuff

(05-07-2014, 09:33 PM)Kman Wrote: wanting equal treatment of other is not and shouldn't ever be a bandwagon or trend and those who use it in that way (this especially applies to a lot of "gay allies") are just contributing to the problem. this is probably the first time in history that the general public opinion in any part of the world regarding homosexuality has been positive and even with that said there is still a LOTTTT lot lot of work to be done, this isn't some trend or bandwagon bullshit this is people fighting for their rights to be treated as equals in society. if anything you're probably just going to see more of it in the years to come

no no you misunderstood me, i didnt mean as "I dont understand how it can be offensive" and my post was not a rant or anything, I just said how I find it incredible about how quickly the times changed. Because to me it feels like yesterday that no one even bat an eye when someone said "faggot".

You're right that fighting for rights is not just a bandwagon, absolutely true but imo there's a fair amount of people that preach about gay rights, "protect" gay people but in reality they are almost as homophobic as your average westboro baptist church guy. I'll use my schoolmate as an example, he randomly decided to spit over religion and i confronted him about it. He then defended himself by saying that religion oppresess people and that it doesnt matter if someone is gay or straight.

Few months later, while we were having a beer, the subject switched to all the "gay pride parades" and guess what he said. He said that male homosexuals are cancer to society and should burn - but female are perfectly fine.

I see it a lot, people pretend to be nice, kind and tolerating by posting on facebook, twitter or anywhere else about how we should tolerate other people but then you see them face to face, and when they see a homosexual person live, they're gonna laugh and say he's a faggot.

again keep in mind that i'm not saying that everyone is doing it

Sorry but we cannot change your avatar as the new avatar you specified is too big. The maximum dimensions are 80x80 (width x height)
05-07-2014, 09:56 PM
Find
eliasfrost Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 34

(05-07-2014, 03:43 PM)Dogfood Wrote: I remember when it used to be okay and casual to insult one by calling them a faggot or saying that something is gay. Now the moment you say that you get jumped by everyone and marked as a homophobe. I'm not homophobic, I couldnt care less who makes love to what or who but I just find it funny how everyone jumped on the "WOOOOO homosexuality world wide!" bandwagon. I wonder how long its gonna last.

It's not a bandwagon, and it's hopefully not going to end. Just like you don't say "run like a jew" it's not ok to say "run like a faggot". Those who wish it's gonna end are most likely homophobic, because they don't care less about using derogatory tems about homosexuals.
05-07-2014, 09:58 PM
Find
Nice Offline
Posting Freak

refer to my newest post Smile

Sorry but we cannot change your avatar as the new avatar you specified is too big. The maximum dimensions are 80x80 (width x height)
05-07-2014, 10:00 PM
Find
Bridge Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 25

The meaning of words depends on the context. If you say for example that a movie is lame are you deliberately drawing a parallel between the movie's poor quality and actually lame people, thereby insinuating that lame people are inferior to "normal" people? Or are you appropriating the word and altering its meaning in the context just like the words gay and faggot have been? Neither of them have any origin in homophobia.

"Barbarian" is a famous example, originally used by the Greek to refer to people that didn't speak the Greek language (also derogatory.) Nowadays it has an entirely different meaning because over time people used it to refer to a different idea than the one it originally expressed. Nowadays when you call someone a barbarian there are no xenophobic connotations whatsoever. There is nothing absolute about words - they are only sounds with no meaning except one which you assign them. It is only homophobic to call somebody "gay" if homophobia was actually intended.
05-07-2014, 10:20 PM
Find
7heDubz Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 40

(05-07-2014, 12:49 PM)SomethingRidiculous Wrote:
(05-07-2014, 12:17 PM)IIPEE Wrote:
(05-07-2014, 07:13 AM)Romulator Wrote:
(05-07-2014, 06:10 AM)SomethingRidiculous Wrote: [Image: 6c4J2vw.jpg]

Can someone tell me how is this possible?

Unregistered guys can post in the Technical Support Section, and I believe they can view the Off Topic and Announcements Smile The Replying part however, I dont know

This.

New changes to forum so that users don't need to register anymore to get technical help.
Making it easier for them, which in my opinion is very welcome addition.

But the threads that are replied to doesn't have any new posts.

Don't question my motives.

05-07-2014, 10:21 PM
Find
Kreekakon Offline
Pick a god and pray!

Threads: 70

(05-07-2014, 09:56 PM)Dogfood Wrote: no no you misunderstood me, i didnt mean as "I dont understand how it can be offensive" and my post was not a rant or anything, I just said how I find it incredible about how quickly the times changed. Because to me it feels like yesterday that no one even bat an eye when someone said "faggot".

You're right that fighting for rights is not just a bandwagon, absolutely true but imo there's a fair amount of people that preach about gay rights, "protect" gay people but in reality they are almost as homophobic as your average westboro baptist church guy. I'll use my schoolmate as an example, he randomly decided to spit over religion and i confronted him about it. He then defended himself by saying that religion oppresess people and that it doesnt matter if someone is gay or straight.

Few months later, while we were having a beer, the subject switched to all the "gay pride parades" and guess what he said. He said that male homosexuals are cancer to society and should burn - but female are perfectly fine.

I see it a lot, people pretend to be nice, kind and tolerating by posting on facebook, twitter or anywhere else about how we should tolerate other people but then you see them face to face, and when they see a homosexual person live, they're gonna laugh and say he's a faggot.

http://youtu.be/eBuC_0-d-9Y

^ Relevant. Watch it you peeps.

[Image: Tv0YgQb.gif]
Image by BandyGrass
(This post was last modified: 05-07-2014, 10:22 PM by Kreekakon.)
05-07-2014, 10:21 PM
Find
7heDubz Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 40

(05-07-2014, 10:21 PM)Kreekakon Wrote:
(05-07-2014, 09:56 PM)Dogfood Wrote: no no you misunderstood me, i didnt mean as "I dont understand how it can be offensive" and my post was not a rant or anything, I just said how I find it incredible about how quickly the times changed. Because to me it feels like yesterday that no one even bat an eye when someone said "faggot".

http://youtu.be/eBuC_0-d-9Y

^ Relevant. Watch it you peeps.

Seen it.

05-07-2014, 10:23 PM
Find
Nice Offline
Posting Freak

exactly what i ment, kreeks

05-07-2014, 10:27 PM
Find
Kreekakon Offline
Pick a god and pray!

Threads: 70

(05-07-2014, 10:27 PM)Dogfood Wrote: exactly what i ment, kreeks

Smile

[Image: Tv0YgQb.gif]
Image by BandyGrass
05-07-2014, 10:28 PM
Find