Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Configuration Files Help Machine for pigs lantern does not work.
Romulator Offline
Not Tech Support ;-)

Threads: 63
RE: Machine for pigs lantern does not work.

Alright, I took a look, and unfortunately, the game does not seem to like the material file. I mean, I can make it so you can pick up the lantern and you'll get it, it's just how the actual item looks in the map when you can pick it up.

I got the materials working as far as I can tell and applied it to the lantern, and I put it in the map and well, something is wrooooong >.>

Yes - Custom item (with imported .dae). Not ripped directly from aamfp, because the directories are kinda stuffed to say the least..

Spoiler below!

Materials on the lantern here(I moved the body back):
[Image: 8R0Vk.jpg]

However in-game, looks like this:
[Image: 8R1hV.jpg]

The game keeps recreating what looks like a garbage mesh file as well whenever I test it out. I'm not entirely sure what the problem is though, and that is what is annoying me.

Discord: Romulator#0001
[Image: 3f6f01a904.png]
(This post was last modified: 05-18-2014, 12:54 PM by Romulator.)
05-18-2014, 12:53 PM
Find
Slanderous Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 78

(05-18-2014, 12:53 PM)Romulator Wrote: Alright, I took a look, and unfortunately, the game does not seem to like the material file. I mean, I can make it so you can pick up the lantern and you'll get it, it's just how the actual item looks in the map when you can pick it up.

I got the materials working as far as I can tell and applied it to the lantern, and I put it in the map and well, something is wrooooong >.>

Yes - Custom item (with imported .dae). Not ripped directly from aamfp, because the directories are kinda stuffed to say the least..

Spoiler below!

Materials on the lantern here(I moved the body back):
[Image: 8R0Vk.jpg]

However in-game, looks like this:
[Image: 8R1hV.jpg]

The game keeps recreating what looks like a garbage mesh file as well whenever I test it out. I'm not entirely sure what the problem is though, and that is what is annoying me.

Jesus, almost the same engine with a few changes, and has so many problems with importing assets :x Converting penumbra assets is much easier and less - bugged
05-18-2014, 02:09 PM
Find
Mudbill Offline
Muderator

Threads: 59

What isn't working? Is it crashing? Is it not showing up like it should? What's this garbage mesh file? Got da patch?

05-18-2014, 02:10 PM
Find
Slanderous Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 78

(05-18-2014, 02:10 PM)Mudbill Wrote: What isn't working? Is it crashing? Is it not showing up like it should? What's this garbage mesh file? Got da patch?

The item crashes my game. If I replace the mandus lantern item by the original one it shows up the lantern fine, but I don't really want to keep original lantern file and have the completely other, new model xP Hope you understand me, don't know how to explain that better
05-18-2014, 02:19 PM
Find
Mudbill Offline
Muderator

Threads: 59

(05-18-2014, 02:19 PM)Lazzer Wrote: The item crashes my game. If I replace the mandus lantern item by the original one it shows up the lantern fine, but I don't really want to keep original lantern file and have the completely other, new model xP Hope you understand me, don't know how to explain that better

I should start using the reply button more often xP
Seems like I mistook Rom as the OP at the top of this page.
Lol, oops.

05-18-2014, 02:26 PM
Find
PutraenusAlivius Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 75

I'm guessing it's your UV coordinates for the MFP lantern. Try using Romulator's MFP Lantern, maybe that'll work.

"Veni, vidi, vici."
"I came, I saw, I conquered."
05-18-2014, 02:31 PM
Find
Romulator Offline
Not Tech Support ;-)

It doesn't. I can't get the textures to perform correctly in game, but fine in the Model Editor.

05-18-2014, 03:01 PM
Find
PutraenusAlivius Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 75

Give us your IFC folder. I wanna take a look you know.

"Veni, vidi, vici."
"I came, I saw, I conquered."
05-18-2014, 03:13 PM
Find
Romulator Offline
Not Tech Support ;-)

Well, that's up to Lazzer. I don't have the IFC, I am trying to do it on my end and send it over without any of his assets/background issues.

His problem is that the game requests a missing msh file which he deleted.

My problem is that I am trying to make an entirely aamfp new lantern which he can use in the story with a simple placing in the Level Editor. While successful, I cannot get the stupid material to work properly, despite the hand_object working normally.

While I could get some help on my end, it is Lazzer's problem whom I am trying to solve, and in doing so created my own problem Tongue

(This post was last modified: 05-18-2014, 03:25 PM by Romulator.)
05-18-2014, 03:19 PM
Find