Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Spoiler A Machine For Pigs, As It Should Have Been
Quizerno Offline

Threads: 1
RE: A Machine For Pigs, As It Should Have Been

My concept for the story involves a lot of changes.

Mundus started his meatpacking business in an attempt to solve foreseen hunger problems. After reading "A Modest Proposal" by Jonathan Swift, he begins to have ideas about processing the poor, lower-class, and immigrants as food.

Knowing that if he was caught kidnapping misfortunate in the UK he would be branded a monster, he travels to Mexico and befriends a mexican official (lets call him Matteo) in order to deal with the government there to accomplish two thing:

1. Have the Mexican misfortunate kidnapped and killed and then transferred to the UK for a sum of money.

2. Have them create equipment for a "a Machine" that will eventually be transferred to the UK. The machine will be used to convert human flesh into meat.

The Mexican government agrees to the deal, but not wanting to get their hands too dirty, hires a cult-like group who still cling to the Aztec traditions of human sacrifice. The cult immediately takes off on the proposal, they take the logo of Mundus's business (a pig) and use it as their emblem, even fashioning masks for it. They see Mundus's proposal as a sign that their cult is ready to rise in the world.

The cult begins their operation of kidnapping and sacrifice as the mexican government workers begin creating the machine.

The machine is transferred to the UK.

However, things begin to turn out strangely. The Mexican government officials involved in the project begin to have a power struggle and eventually some of the officials order the cult to kill Matteo so they can take control of the project. This backfires horribly and the cult kills EVERY government official involved with the project so that they can begin to take control of local town, with these officials out of the way to police the cult, the cult begins to kill anyone they want in the town.

Mundus arrives in the town in order to get the first shipment of "pigs" (the killed misfortunate), they are loaded onto his boat.

To confirm the deal and the payment, Mundus meets with the cult leaders who have replaced the government officials, they present the heads of the officials to Mundus who freaks out and flees on his boat with the bodies.

In transit to the UK, Mundus falls ill and begins drinking heavily, he wants to forget about the whole ordeal. He arrives back at the machine facility in the UK and drinks himself trying to forget everything.

The cult, who wish to see the plan fullfilled for their gods, follow Mundus.
A week passes.
Mundus has almost forgotten everything, he wakes but is trapped in his factory. The cult is searching for him.

This is where the game actually begins.

Additional details:
-Get rid of the children subplot, have Mundus be divorced and he is separated from his children
-There are vague hints that the Aztec gods are real and that the cult isn't just insane.
-The cult members who wear pig masks are the monsters in the game, they use spears and cleavers and some have convinced themselves that they are pigs.
(This post was last modified: 05-21-2014, 07:22 PM by Quizerno.)
05-21-2014, 07:20 PM
Find
i3670 Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 74

(05-21-2014, 07:20 PM)Quizerno Wrote:
Spoiler below!
My concept for the story involves a lot of changes.

Mundus started his meatpacking business in an attempt to solve foreseen hunger problems. After reading "A Modest Proposal" by Jonathan Swift, he begins to have ideas about processing the poor, lower-class, and immigrants as food.

Knowing that if he was caught kidnapping misfortunate in the UK he would be branded a monster, he travels to Mexico and befriends a mexican official (lets call him Matteo) in order to deal with the government there to accomplish two thing:

1. Have the Mexican misfortunate kidnapped and killed and then transferred to the UK for a sum of money.

2. Have them create equipment for a "a Machine" that will eventually be transferred to the UK. The machine will be used to convert human flesh into meat.

The Mexican government agrees to the deal, but not wanting to get their hands too dirty, hires a cult-like group who still cling to the Aztec traditions of human sacrifice. The cult immediately takes off on the proposal, they take the logo of Mundus's business (a pig) and use it as their emblem, even fashioning masks for it. They see Mundus's proposal as a sign that their cult is ready to rise in the world.

The cult begins their operation of kidnapping and sacrifice as the mexican government workers begin creating the machine.

The machine is transferred to the UK.

However, things begin to turn out strangely. The Mexican government officials involved in the project begin to have a power struggle and eventually some of the officials order the cult to kill Matteo so they can take control of the project. This backfires horribly and the cult kills EVERY government official involved with the project so that they can begin to take control of local town, with these officials out of the way to police the cult, the cult begins to kill anyone they want in the town.

Mundus arrives in the town in order to get the first shipment of "pigs" (the killed misfortunate), they are loaded onto his boat.

To confirm the deal and the payment, Mundus meets with the cult leaders who have replaced the government officials, they present the heads of the officials to Mundus who freaks out and flees on his boat with the bodies.

In transit to the UK, Mundus falls ill and begins drinking heavily, he wants to forget about the whole ordeal. He arrives back at the machine facility in the UK and drinks himself trying to forget everything.

The cult, who wish to see the plan fullfilled for their gods, follow Mundus.
A week passes.
Mundus has almost forgotten everything, he wakes but is trapped in his factory. The cult is searching for him.

This is where the game actually begins.

Additional details:
-Get rid of the children subplot, have Mundus be divorced and he is separated from his children
-There are vague hints that the Aztec gods are real and that the cult isn't just insane.
-The cult members who wear pig masks are the monsters in the game, they use spears and cleavers and some have convinced themselves that they are pigs.

- Get divorced from what? His wife died whilst giving birth.
- If the cult is sacrificing people by ripping their living hearts out I would call them insane even if the gods are real.
- So you would have aztec indians running around London and its factories?

"What you think is irrelevant" - A character of our time

A Christmas Hunt
(This post was last modified: 05-22-2014, 05:14 AM by i3670.)
05-22-2014, 05:04 AM
Find
Quizerno Offline

(05-22-2014, 05:04 AM)i3670 Wrote: - Get divorced from what? His wife died whilst giving birth.
- If the cult is sacrificing people by ripping their living hearts out I would call them insane even if the gods are real.
- So you would have aztec indians running around London and its factories?

-obviously in the redone story his wife would be alive
-what I wrote doesn't hint otherwise
-no more or less crazy than pigmen doing the same thing
05-22-2014, 06:26 AM
Find
i3670 Offline
Posting Freak

I'm sorry but the idea of Aztecs running around with grass-skirts and spears in London's streets and sewers is hilarious to me.

A Christmas Hunt
05-22-2014, 07:21 AM
Find
PutraenusAlivius Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 75

(05-22-2014, 07:21 AM)i3670 Wrote: I'm sorry but the idea of Aztecs running around with grass-skirts and spears in London's streets and sewers is hilarious to me.

I would too. It won't intimidate me with fear, but it will intimidate me with laughter.

"Veni, vidi, vici."
"I came, I saw, I conquered."
05-22-2014, 07:29 AM
Find
Alardem Offline

Threads: 17

Quizerno...

That sounds very modern, and American. With a dash of racism. All the Aztec motifs in Amnesia 2 are meant to be distorted by a demented white colonizer, a wealthy man disgusted by the hypocritical rich and miserable poor in an industrial age. Turning the villains into "evil savage foreigners" would throw all that social critique out the window in favor of cashing in on an irrational fear of those Mexicans. The right-wingers would get a boner from that kind of narrative.

I would have liked a random flashback set in a jungle-like environment. Imagine opening a door in Mandus' mansion only to walk into a tropical forest. Disorienting and totally at odds with the cold, industrial nature of Mandus' factory.
(This post was last modified: 05-22-2014, 01:22 PM by Alardem.)
05-22-2014, 01:15 PM
Find
i3670 Offline
Posting Freak

(05-22-2014, 01:15 PM)Alardem Wrote:
Spoiler below!

Quizerno...

That sounds very modern, and American. With a dash of racism. All the Aztec motifs in Amnesia 2 are meant to be distorted by a demented white colonizer, a wealthy man disgusted by the hypocritical rich and miserable poor in an industrial age. Turning the villains into "evil savage foreigners" would throw all that social critique out the window in favor of cashing in on an irrational fear of those Mexicans. The right-wingers would get a boner from that kind of narrative.

I would have liked a random flashback set in a jungle-like environment. Imagine opening a door in Mandus' mansion only to walk into a tropical forest. Disorienting and totally at odds with the cold, industrial nature of Mandus' factory.

Horror spunkgargleweewee.

A Christmas Hunt
05-22-2014, 02:59 PM
Find
Alardem Offline

Threads: 17

(05-22-2014, 02:59 PM)i3670 Wrote:
(05-22-2014, 01:15 PM)Alardem Wrote:
Spoiler below!

Quizerno...

Horror spunkgargleweewee.

How terrifyingly productive.
05-22-2014, 03:41 PM
Find
Quizerno Offline

(05-22-2014, 01:15 PM)Alardem Wrote: Quizerno...

How is it racist? It doesn't portray Europeans/British as any better.

It's enough social commentary enough by the fact that Mundus would advocate literally eating the poor, but sees the murder of upper-class people to be evil. Mundus is already clearly a hypocrite by that notion, and then is forced to realize that he is no different from people who believe that human sacrifice is A-OK.

The exact same thing happens with Daniel, he's horrified by the torture and death he sees, then he faces the truth that HE also did those things.

Also, the cult wouldn't have to be comprised of just foreigners. I took it more like the Call of Cthulhu approach where the cult involves members of every ethnicity (including anglo-saxons). As such, they aren't traditional indians, and they don't dwell in the jungle they live in the city.)

Rather than racism, it's poetic justice.
(This post was last modified: 05-22-2014, 07:01 PM by Quizerno.)
05-22-2014, 06:43 PM
Find
Newsman Waterpaper Offline

Threads: 20

http://www.gamasutra.com/view/feature/21...rooms_.php

After reading this article. I know this will never happen but I wish The Chinese Room will make a remake of AMFP with their original ideas/difficulty but since a second remake of Dear Esther in the planning stages, I'm very sure The Chinese Room don't want Remake company as a part of their titles. We can only dream....
05-23-2014, 10:34 PM
Find