Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Black screen after logo seconds after launching game
platelminto
Unregistered

Solved: 9 Years, 3 Months, 1 Week ago Black screen after logo seconds after launching game
Basically I have already read the troubleshooting guide, and my problem was included but both the fixes (turning off SSAO & checked if my graphic card was updated) didn't work, the game still gives me a black screen seconds after it launches. I tried restarting Steam, changing a few of the settings, nothing. I read I should check that my DPI is at 100% but I do not know what that means or where to change it, since I couldn't find it in the game settings panel. My drivers have OpenGL, I have a Mac OS X 10.9.3 and I've downloaded the game an hour ago. Anyone got any ideas on a fix?

Thanks for reading,
platelminto.
06-21-2014, 03:33 PM
plutomaniac Offline
Super Moderator

Threads: 45
Solved: 9 Years, 3 Months, 1 Week ago RE: Black screen after logo seconds after launching game
Thank you for reading the troubleshooting guides, most people ignore them. As mentioned at Problem X though, attach HPL.log after the crash occurs.

Moved to MAC section. The DPI option is for Windows systems only so it makes sense not being able to find it.
06-21-2014, 05:17 PM
Find
platelminto
Unregistered

Solved: 9 Years, 3 Months, 1 Week ago RE: Black screen after logo seconds after launching game
Sorry, didn't read that last part. Here's the HPL.log (attachment)

Attached Files
.log   hpl.log (Size: 2.78 KB / Downloads: 226)
06-21-2014, 11:37 PM
plutomaniac Offline
Super Moderator

Threads: 45
Have you tried a steam file integrity check first?
06-22-2014, 10:20 PM
Find
polyrhythmic81
Unregistered

i had the same issue. disabling the steam overlay worked for me.

(06-30-2014, 01:58 AM)polyrhythmic81 Wrote: i had the same issue. disabling the steam overlay worked for me.

i have a late 2013 15" macbook pro retina with the nVidia GT 750M. running OS X 10.9.3, downloaded the game on steam, obviously. I had the same issue in Dark Descent, and disabling the overlay fixed that as well.
06-30-2014, 01:58 AM
Jump to the post that solved this thread.