Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
DEP problem!
jg20000
Unregistered

Solved: 9 Years, 8 Months, 3 Weeks ago DEP problem!
There is a problem with a programm called DEP and it says that it auto-crashes or closes the aampf.exe file(The Amnesia a machine for pigs) because it is dangerous and it may harm my computer.I tried to turn off the DEP for the game but is says that it is not possible to turn it off for this particular programm.By the way,my graphics card is OK and I bought the game from steam.Please answer me as soon as possible.
07-01-2014, 12:30 PM
plutomaniac Offline
Super Moderator

Threads: 45
Solved: 9 Years, 8 Months, 3 Weeks ago RE: DEP problem!
DEP is a Windows component and, to my knowledge, it has never been reported to crash Amnesia before. What version of Windows are you using? This most probably has to do with the operating system meaning outdated or corrupted graphics card drivers etc.
(This post was last modified: 07-01-2014, 12:43 PM by plutomaniac.)
07-01-2014, 12:39 PM
Find
Unregistered

(07-01-2014, 12:39 PM)plutomaniac Wrote: DEP is a Windows component and, to my knowledge, it has never been reported to crash Amnesia before. What version of Windows are you using? This most probably has to do with the operating system meaning outdated or corrupted graphics card drivers etc.
I currently use Windows Vista and as far as I know,many other people use Windows Vista and didn't have any problems with DEP.
07-01-2014, 12:50 PM
plutomaniac Offline
Super Moderator

Exactly, as I said it has to do with your specific operating system. This is not the game's problem. First try a steam file integrity check as mentioned at the troubleshooting guide. Other than that, a guess would be that your graphics card drivers are not properly installed, old or corrupted and try to access the memory in an unsafe way causing the DEP stop error. Make sure Windows is fully updated via Windows Update and your drivers are updated (graphics & sound are more likely to cause issues). As a last resort, you can add the game to DEP's exception list.

Καλησπέρα! Wink
(This post was last modified: 07-01-2014, 01:16 PM by plutomaniac.)
07-01-2014, 01:15 PM
Find
Unregistered

You are right,there is a problem with my graphics card and unfortunately has to be fixed manually,possibly by replacing it,I don't know.Anyways,I'll contact an expert and I think that ultimately,I will be able to play Amnesia,thank you for your helpful advice.There is also a possibility of purchasing a new computer and I shall contact you if any other problem occurs.

Ευχαριστώ πολύ!
07-01-2014, 01:28 PM
plutomaniac Offline
Super Moderator

You could try just updating the graphics card driver and see where that leads you. If it' a hardware issue then yes, it needs to be manually replaced.

Έγινε, αν αντιμετωπίσεις άλλο πρόβλημα με το νεο pc ή τη νεα κάρτα πες μας. Το συγκεκριμένο thread θα το κλειδώσω αργότερα για αποφυγή spam από άλλους και αν χρειαστεί ανοίγεις νεο στο μέλλον.
(This post was last modified: 07-01-2014, 01:35 PM by plutomaniac.)
07-01-2014, 01:34 PM
Find
Jump to the post that solved this thread.