Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Silent Hills Thread
Gunslingerjh Offline

Threads: 48
Silent Hills Thread

I'm obviously talking about the latest Silent Hill game (or Silent Hills).
I just finished the P.T. demo myself, and it's incredibly well made! (Except for the cryptic puzzles which no one has figured out 100%)
Anyone played the P.T. demo on the PS4 already?

08-16-2014, 12:45 PM
Find
Kreekakon Offline
Pick a god and pray!

Threads: 70
RE: Silent Hills Thread

I'v watched the demo through some Youtube videos (Don't have a PS4), and I have to say if they keep that sort of theme through the entire game, then it's going to be really great. Same goes for the graphics, although I am a bit more skeptical on this front, because it is not uncommon these days for companies needing to downgrade their game's fidelity after an initial early preview.

Not much else to say since this is just a teaser, and doesn't do too much besides hint at what the game's tone may be like, but I have to say it looks promising!

Also since Guillermo del Toro is on-board, I have very little worries for the game's aesthetic since he has shown time, and time again that art direction, and visual eccentricity are fields he excels massively in.

[Image: Tv0YgQb.gif]
Image by BandyGrass
08-16-2014, 01:01 PM
Find
i3670 Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 74

I have a ps4 and I've played it. The game looks fantastic, but it's fucking frustrating to play. For more than half of the time I did not know what to do and that ripped me right out of the atmosphere and the game became tedious.

"What you think is irrelevant" - A character of our time

A Christmas Hunt
08-16-2014, 02:12 PM
Find
Gunslingerjh Offline

Threads: 48

(08-16-2014, 02:12 PM)i3670 Wrote: I have a ps4 and I've played it. The game looks fantastic, but it's fucking frustrating to play. For more than half of the time I did not know what to do and that ripped me right out of the atmosphere and the game became tedious.

Yes that's true, I needed a walkthrough with me the whole time..

08-16-2014, 02:34 PM
Find
MrBehemoth Offline

Threads: 19

The puzzles did seem very obscure at times, but bear in mind that this is not Silent Hill(s) - it's a deliberate mind f*ck. It was released as a demo for a made-up game and Kojima and Del Toro no doubt wanted to keep us guessing as long as possible. They're probably surprised that they only managed to play us for a couple of days.

Hats off to them, though. I only watched a playthrough, but damn I'm excited about this! I mean, I would be excited about any Silent Hill reboot - it needs one! Fingers crossed.

08-16-2014, 03:55 PM
Find
eliasfrost Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 34

It was also made to seem like it was made by a small indie team, I think that's why the game had minimal features and not too many puzzles. I liked it though. From what I saw I mean, I don't own a PS4 so. Who knows, they might release this for the PC as well, now that the new MGS (made by the same studio) got a confirmed PC release, one can only hope.

[Image: indiedb_88x31.png]
(This post was last modified: 08-16-2014, 04:14 PM by eliasfrost.)
08-16-2014, 04:13 PM
Find
Kreekakon Offline
Pick a god and pray!

Threads: 70

Remember guys, this is only a playable teaser demo, which is mainly used to convoy the tone of the product. This also means that the final thing is probably going to be vastly different from what is seen in the demo.

[Image: Tv0YgQb.gif]
Image by BandyGrass
08-16-2014, 04:19 PM
Find
Cuyir Offline

Threads: 1

I thought that P.T was just one of Kojima's popular viral marketing shtick.

So I don't think that the SH game will play exactly like it.

I don't care though, Del Toro is one of my favorite directors. I'm so excited.
08-16-2014, 04:28 PM
Find
Froge Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 176

I'm hoping they don't make it too cinematic like many horror games which have lots of cutscenes and scripted scares. Make it more like the original three games, where the characters don't say much and the scares come from the anxiety of having to relentlessly walk between safe and dangerous areas.

[Image: p229xcq]
08-16-2014, 06:36 PM
Find
i3670 Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 74

(08-16-2014, 06:36 PM)Froge Wrote: I'm hoping they don't make it too cinematic like many horror games which have lots of cutscenes and scripted scares. Make it more like the original three games, where the characters don't say much and the scares come from the anxiety of having to relentlessly walk between safe and dangerous areas.

The teaser was only scripted scares, however only a couple of cutscenes.

"What you think is irrelevant" - A character of our time

A Christmas Hunt
08-16-2014, 07:07 PM
Find