Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Custom Story - Into The Darkness
MisterE97 Offline

Threads: 1
Custom Story - Into The Darkness

Coming Soon ... on ModDB!

Take a look at my custom story "Into The Darkness" and let me know your thoughts on it please.

or you can download it here: http://www.mediafire.com/download/e8n5d6...rkness.rar
(This post was last modified: 10-13-2014, 07:43 PM by MisterE97.)
10-13-2014, 06:20 PM
Find
burge4150 Offline

Threads: 15
RE: Custom Story - Into The Darkness

I insta died when a brute spawned out of thin air on top of me 2 minutes in to the game Undecided
(This post was last modified: 10-13-2014, 09:55 PM by burge4150.)
10-13-2014, 09:54 PM
Find
Artsy Offline

Threads: 10

Show us screens or you get little to no downloads. Simple rules.
10-14-2014, 01:09 AM
Find
MisterE97 Offline

Wink  RE: Custom Story - Into The Darkness

(10-13-2014, 09:54 PM)burge4150 Wrote: I insta died when a brute spawned out of thin air on top of me 2 minutes in to the game Undecided

Did you keep going after the brute killed you?

(10-14-2014, 01:09 AM)Artsyracoon Wrote: Show us screens or you get little to no downloads. Simple rules.

screens coming soon Big Grin

(This post was last modified: 10-14-2014, 05:29 AM by MisterE97.)
10-14-2014, 04:13 AM
Find
7heDubz Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 40

Spoiler below!
[Image: ou615m9wcd0xfgefg.jpg]
[Image: brur5r0ndq49l1afg.jpg?size_id=6]
[Image: 5ytgkd66emadd5yfg.jpg?size_id=6]

Is it seriously that hard to post pics with the right links?

(This post was last modified: 10-14-2014, 05:00 AM by 7heDubz.)
10-14-2014, 05:00 AM
Find
MisterE97 Offline

(10-14-2014, 05:02 AM)MisterE97 Wrote:
(10-14-2014, 05:00 AM)7heDubz Wrote:
Spoiler below!

[Image: post-25055-NOPE-octopus-gif-t6sT.gif]
10-16-2014, 10:03 PM
Find
Canopus Offline

Checked it out till the waterlurkers part. Yes, there are many waterlurkers, and just one box, so I literally could not continue. They would get me just about every time. I also noticed that brute spawn, with nowhere to go or anything to do...

I got, however, plenty of criticism.
Spoiler below!

1 - Where are all those bright white pointlights coming from? I thought there would be holes in the ceiling, but found none, just a plane. Also, that flickering (no, blinking) lights...
2 - As I entered in the section where there is some slime, the music changed way too suddenly. The instant the track changes should not be very noticeable. Speaking from which, the slime looks detached from the walls, floating in the air.
3 - Jump "scares". That Iron Maiden one gets the cake. There is absolutely no reason for the player to be looking that way. I, for one, did not even notice there was a maiden on that corner. Remember that the anticipation is what will make a jumpscare(and by this point I'm sure you hope me to injure myself when I DO jump Big Grin). As they are, they're not scary, they are more annoying than anything. If you want to make a jumpscare story, go for it, but make it scary!! Smile
4 - A lever in a closet. Might be okay if the closet were not miles away from any mechanism/wall/etc. It just seems kinda pointless as is.
5 - The note in a cell: "must try and escape tonight ... I've got to get past the door somehow ... before it's too late!". To me, he seems to be committed to bending bars, while writing a note at the same time? Does not make much sense imho...

Please do not think I am trying to offend you in any way, I'm just posting what I thought was out of place, in the most constructive way I could come up with. If you do not like this kind of criticism or saw I missed something important (or whatever!) just tell me. Alse mind you I'm still struggling with very much the same issues Smile so don't really take me too seriously.
I will leave it here for now. Will try to figure out how to get past those water monsters Smile

Keep up the work man!
(This post was last modified: 10-17-2014, 03:52 PM by Canopus.)
10-17-2014, 03:46 PM
Find
MisterE97 Offline

(10-17-2014, 03:46 PM)Canopus Wrote: Checked it out till the waterlurkers part. Yes, there are many waterlurkers, and just one box, so I literally could not continue. They would get me just about every time. I also noticed that brute spawn, with nowhere to go or anything to do...

I got, however, plenty of criticism.
Spoiler below!

1 - Where are all those bright white pointlights coming from? I thought there would be holes in the ceiling, but found none, just a plane. Also, that flickering (no, blinking) lights...
2 - As I entered in the section where there is some slime, the music changed way too suddenly. The instant the track changes should not be very noticeable. Speaking from which, the slime looks detached from the walls, floating in the air.
3 - Jump "scares". That Iron Maiden one gets the cake. There is absolutely no reason for the player to be looking that way. I, for one, did not even notice there was a maiden on that corner. Remember that the anticipation is what will make a jumpscare(and by this point I'm sure you hope me to injure myself when I DO jump Big Grin). As they are, they're not scary, they are more annoying than anything. If you want to make a jumpscare story, go for it, but make it scary!! Smile
4 - A lever in a closet. Might be okay if the closet were not miles away from any mechanism/wall/etc. It just seems kinda pointless as is.
5 - The note in a cell: "must try and escape tonight ... I've got to get past the door somehow ... before it's too late!". To me, he seems to be committed to bending bars, while writing a note at the same time? Does not make much sense imho...

Please do not think I am trying to offend you in any way, I'm just posting what I thought was out of place, in the most constructive way I could come up with. If you do not like this kind of criticism or saw I missed something important (or whatever!) just tell me. Alse mind you I'm still struggling with very much the same issues Smile so don't really take me too seriously.
I will leave it here for now. Will try to figure out how to get past those water monsters Smile

Keep up the work man!

I've no problem with the critiscism, in fact I appreciate the feedback. It helps me to know what works with the story, and what doesn't. (try feeding the water monsters some of the limbs). This is my first CS, so it's got a lot of room for improvement. Thanks for your input.
10-18-2014, 05:47 AM
Find
Straxedix Offline

Threads: 52

(10-16-2014, 10:03 PM)MisterE97 Wrote:
(10-14-2014, 05:02 AM)MisterE97 Wrote:
(10-14-2014, 05:00 AM)7heDubz Wrote:
Spoiler below!

[Image: post-25055-NOPE-octopus-gif-t6sT.gif]

Then why don't you put some ?

10-18-2014, 07:11 AM
Find