Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tried everything about this crashing just wanna support
Captain Thurgood
Unregistered

Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago Tried everything about this crashing just wanna support
Okay so I got that game on steam, installed it, started it up for the first time, and got through to where you can entre in a name for yourself. So I name myself captain Thurgood and im on my way BUT then the game crashes. so I restart the game and go though the intro screens again but this time before it loads to the next screen where it originally brought me to enter in a name it just shows a blink of a loading screen and the crashes. I've tried all of the troubleshoots man, im gettin desperate here!

im running this on a Lenovo y50 with the intel hd4600 and NVidia gtx860

does this have anything to do with it? and I also have a empty folder that I cant delete in the main folder of the character name I first entered even after I uninstalled and reinstalled. not sure if that's useful info.
***** WARNING *****
Expecting IL version 178 and found version 168
Cube Maps may not load correctly in this version and will not render correctly in game
Please use the included version of libIL and not a custom build if you have issues
***** WARNING *****

Thanks in advance for any help!

Attached Files
.log   hpl.log (Size: 3.13 KB / Downloads: 106)
12-23-2014, 07:17 AM
plutomaniac Offline
Super Moderator

Threads: 45
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago RE: Tried everything about this crashing just wanna support
Go to Documents\Amnesia\Main and delete the .cfg file in there. The game should launch now. Try to enter a name without spaces like Captain or similar.
12-23-2014, 12:41 PM
Find
Captain thurgood
Unregistered

Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago RE: Tried everything about this crashing just wanna support
(12-23-2014, 12:41 PM)plutomaniac Wrote: Go to Documents\Amnesia\Main and delete the .cfg file in there. The game should launch now. Try to enter a name without spaces like Captain or similar.
thank plutomaniac ill let you know how it works out
12-23-2014, 05:50 PM
Jump to the post that solved this thread.