Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can't install update - retail version (polish)
Mike Reich
Unregistered

Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago Can't install update - retail version (polish)
Hi, I have a version of amnesia that came with a cover cd magazine in Poland. I downloaded and tried to install the 1.3 update (I selected the directory in which I have previously installed the game) but it didn't seem to update the game. I have now a folder that says 1.3_update but the launcher doesn't have a Justine button (or at least I can't see it.)

Help plz?

forgot the attachment

Attached Files
.log   hpl.log (Size: 3.81 KB / Downloads: 127)
12-20-2014, 09:49 PM
Googolplex Offline
Banned

Threads: 246
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago RE: Can't install update - retail version (polish)
What is the date of your Launcher.exe?
The Justine button should be there:
[Image: Justine.jpg]
(This post was last modified: 12-22-2014, 01:01 PM by Googolplex.)
12-22-2014, 12:59 PM
Find
Mike Reich
Unregistered

Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago Can't install update - retail version (polish) continued
I'm starting a new thread, it seems to old one got closed accidentally/automatically cause I accidentaly marked my own post as 'best anwser'.

To Googleplex: this is my launcher, so it seems the update didn't apply. Maybe it's incompatibile with my version?

Attached Files
.jpg   amn launcher.jpg (Size: 120.04 KB / Downloads: 144)
12-23-2014, 08:52 PM
Googolplex Offline
Banned

Threads: 246
What the hell is "MROCZNY OBLED"?

Try to install the patch in a new folder on the desktop and manually copy all files to the game directory and overwrite the existing ones!

And check the date of your launcher.
(This post was last modified: 12-24-2014, 12:08 PM by Googolplex.)
12-24-2014, 12:04 PM
Find
plutomaniac Offline
Super Moderator

Threads: 45
I'm not sure about this copy of the game. I assigned the topic to Jens. If he believes it's not an illegal copy or similar, the thread will be reopened. In the meantime, no more support can be given.
(This post was last modified: 12-24-2014, 02:42 PM by plutomaniac.)
12-24-2014, 02:40 PM
Find
jens Offline
Frictional Games

Threads: 199
You will manually have to copy the files from the update into the amnesia folder and overwrite the existing files (if it does not prompt and ask you to for example overwriting amnesia.exe then you are not copying the files to the correct place). The launcher after this will be the standard launcher and not the polish publisher branded launcher.
01-05-2015, 07:35 AM
Website Find
Unregistered

(01-05-2015, 07:35 AM)jens Wrote: You will manually have to copy the files from the update into the amnesia folder and overwrite the existing files (if it does not prompt and ask you to for example overwriting amnesia.exe then you are not copying the files to the correct place). The launcher after this will be the standard launcher and not the polish publisher branded launcher.

Yes, but how will I manually copy files when the update is an exe file?

In that update 1.3 folder I have 3 files which are called vcredist_IA64, vcredist_x64, vcredist_x86 but I don't think I can unpack them.

Sorry, I'm lousy with computers...

^^ OP here, forgot to sign in
01-08-2015, 07:10 PM
plutomaniac Offline
Super Moderator

Threads: 45
1) Download the v1.3 update from here. Run the update file and if automatic detection & installation fails I suggest you select your desktop as install directory like this:

[Image: MH2ndd.png]

2) At the next screen, remove the tick to create Start Menu directories and proceed. When finished, remove the tick to start the game.

3) Then go to desktop folder named Amnesia - The Dark Descent. Go to redist folder and cut-paste those files at the Amnesia directory for a manual installation. If done correctly, it should ask you to replace a lot of files including Amnesia.exe etc.

4) You can now delete the folder at the desktop as well as the update exe file.
(This post was last modified: 01-08-2015, 08:07 PM by plutomaniac.)
01-08-2015, 08:07 PM
Find
Unregistered

It works! Thank you very much gentlemen!!
01-08-2015, 10:17 PM
Jump to the post that solved this thread.