Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Mouse Bug
sgerstenberg Offline

Threads: 1
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago Mouse Bug

I just put the Penumbra series on Steam literally today, I go to start and I notice there's something wrong with my mouse. I can't pick up items when I directly look at them, I have to look way off to the left for the "pickup" icon to show up and then I can pickup the item. This really makes the game frustrating, if someone could please tell me a fix for this problem it'd greatly be appreciated!
12-30-2014, 05:09 AM
Find
plutomaniac Offline
Super Moderator

Threads: 45
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago RE: Mouse Bug

Is the cursor/had red? You are in interactive mode or whatever it was called. If I remember properly, pressing R enables/disables that.
(This post was last modified: 12-30-2014, 02:27 PM by plutomaniac.)
12-30-2014, 02:27 PM
Find
Unregistered

(12-30-2014, 02:27 PM)plutomaniac Wrote: Is the cursor/had red? You are in interactive mode or whatever it was called. If I remember properly, pressing R enables/disables that.

The cursor is not red so I don't think I'm in interactive mode. I feel like there is no fix for this bug I've only ever seen one more thread post about this issue and no one's replied to it.

I feel like I've wasted my money now this sucks :/
12-30-2014, 04:37 PM
sgerstenberg Offline

That reply was from me the original poster. I thought I was signed in.
12-30-2014, 04:39 PM
Find
plutomaniac Offline
Super Moderator

Can you try:

1. A steam file integrity check?
2. Deleting cfg files at Documents (check guide, reset settings)
3. Reinstall the latest graphics card drivers in case there is some sort of visual corruption
4. Close ALL background programs and 3rd party services in case there is some sort of interefence

Do you know if you are having the same issue at Amnesia The Dark Descent? Also if you have a gaming mouse with custom settings and utility, try turning that off.
12-30-2014, 05:26 PM
Find
sgerstenberg Offline

(12-30-2014, 05:26 PM)plutomaniac Wrote: Can you try:

1. A steam file integrity check?
2. Deleting cfg files at Documents (check guide, reset settings)
3. Reinstall the latest graphics card drivers in case there is some sort of visual corruption
4. Close ALL background programs and 3rd party services in case there is some sort of interefence

Do you know if you are having the same issue at Amnesia The Dark Descent? Also if you have a gaming mouse with custom settings and utility, try turning that off.

I actually bought Amnesia too and I can't play it at all, I keep getting this blackbox error and it crashes every time. But I do have a Razer Death Adder mouse and Blackwidow Keyboard I don't know if that would effect the mouse in the game. And all of my graphics drivers are up to date! I've been having problems with all of the games I bought that Frictional has put out.
12-30-2014, 05:42 PM
Find
plutomaniac Offline
Super Moderator

It's definitely the mouse, try not using any Razer profiles and software. After Amnesia crashes please attach HPL.log file as mentioned at the troubleshooting guide.
12-30-2014, 05:51 PM
Find
sgerstenberg Offline

(12-30-2014, 05:51 PM)plutomaniac Wrote: It's definitely the mouse, try not using any Razer profiles and software. After Amnesia crashes please attach HPL.log file as mentioned at the troubleshooting guide.

Where do I add the HPL.log file at? I'm sorry I've never had to deal with anything like this before!
12-30-2014, 06:16 PM
Find
plutomaniac Offline
Super Moderator

You can attach it (click New Reply and scroll down a bit to find where to attach) or copy-paste it's contents in spoiler tags:

[spoiler]text[/spoiler]

Amnesia's HPL.log is a lot more helpful compared to Penumbra's so that's why I'm asking for it.
(This post was last modified: 12-30-2014, 06:22 PM by plutomaniac.)
12-30-2014, 06:18 PM
Find