Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

PLEASE HELP! I cannot play Requiem :(
MrCompost Offline

Threads: 1
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago PLEASE HELP! I cannot play Requiem :(

Hey guys. First of all, I literally only just made this account so please let me know if I'm posting this in the wrong place or something.
Anyway, as the title says, I cannot play the Requiem expansion on my new computer. I installed it onto my old one and it worked fine though. When I try to launch it I get an error message saying "Failed to start game (missing executable)." Now, I've had this problem before and been able to fix it easily be simply verifying the integrity of the game cache, but not matter what I do I just can't get the damn thing working. Upon going into the game files, I noticed that there was no .exe for it but there was a .ico. When I checked through the files on my old computer however, it did have one. I've tried transferring it over to my new computer but for some reason nothing seems to let me. Please help me out here, I've been really looking forward to playing the expansion having loved Overture and Black Plague. Oh, and I purchased it as a collection on Steam about a month ago. Thanks!
01-15-2015, 06:45 PM
Find
plutomaniac Offline
Super Moderator

Threads: 45
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago RE: PLEASE HELP! I cannot play Requiem :(

Maybe a crazy antivirus blocking/quarantining everything it shouldn't?
01-15-2015, 09:12 PM
Find
MrCompost Offline

Threads: 1

(01-15-2015, 09:12 PM)plutomaniac Wrote: Maybe a crazy antivirus blocking/quarantining everything it shouldn't?

Ah! Yes, that seems to be the issue. McAfee wont let me restore it for some reason, but I'll get it figured out. Thanks a ton! Smile
01-16-2015, 12:12 PM
Find
Traggey Offline
is mildly amused

Threads: 74

MacAfree?! RUN!

(This post was last modified: 01-17-2015, 04:59 PM by Traggey.)
01-17-2015, 04:59 PM
Find
Jump to the post that solved this thread.