Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 29 Vote(s) - 4.45 Average
The Ultimate SOMA Discussion Thread
Ashtoreth Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 6
RE: The Ultimate SOMA Discussion Thread

(01-11-2015, 02:07 AM)Kein Wrote: Wow, I don't even remember the reply, thanks for the reminder Ashtoreth. Besides my bad memory, I probably quickly forgot about it because it never was specified what kind of AA it will be. I have big doubts it is going to be real MSAA, but one can hope. The Talos Principle, for example, featured few rendering APIs with MSAA support for all of them, even for OpenGL.

You're welcome Smile Hopefully we will get more details soon!

01-11-2015, 04:22 AM
Find
Vladislav Offline

Threads: 0

Hello!
I would like to know whether a SOMA item "Another story/Custom story" as it was Amnesia The Dark Descent? We would like to point this was and could make custom stories for SOMA.
01-17-2015, 02:00 PM
Find
Macgyverthehero Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 23

(01-17-2015, 02:00 PM)Vladislav Wrote: Hello!
I would like to know whether a SOMA item "Another story/Custom story" as it was Amnesia The Dark Descent? We would like to point this was and could make custom stories for SOMA.

It's already confirmed that SOMA will be getting a Custom Story feature, just like Amnesia: The Dark Descent had.

Speaking of Custom Stories, did Frictional Games say that you can use A:TDD/A:MFP assets in creating custom stories for SOMA yet, or would that be incompatible?

[Image: Keo88b.gif]
01-17-2015, 06:21 PM
Find
Yuhaney Offline
Hello Friends!

Threads: 100

(01-17-2015, 06:21 PM)Macgyverthehero Wrote: Speaking of Custom Stories, did Frictional Games say that you can use A:TDD/A:MFP assets in creating custom stories for SOMA yet, or would that be incompatible?

If you can use Penumbra assets within Amnesia, then I don't see why it would be impossible.

01-17-2015, 08:06 PM
Website Find
Cyberneering Offline

Threads: 1

I wonder if they will re-do the A:TDD/A:MFP and maybe Penumbra assets with a higher polygon count and HD textures and support for tessellation. It could come as dlc, custom story content. In the custom story folder would be sub folders : ATDD assets HD ect.
01-19-2015, 02:32 AM
Find
morpheus Offline

Threads: 0

I have just one small remark about this game using OpenGL...

I hope it won't have as many problems as Windows version of RAGE did because of drivers problems (Clusterfuck as Carmack named it). OpenGL drivers are know to be much less stable then their Direct3D counterparts. Some developers also noted (Croteam) that even getting their game to support "only" OpenGL 2.1 was a chore. As I hear, especially AMD's drivers are problematic, much more then Nvidia's ones.

So don't get me wrong, I like games using OpenGL library because of portability to many systems, I just want to warn developers of mainly drivers problems attached with this library...
01-22-2015, 08:22 PM
Find
Paddy™ Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 43

Thomas Wrote:Will be giving a talk on creating a game where you _play_ the story at IndiecadeEast (NYC) next month. Might also show some new SOMA footage

01-27-2015, 03:06 PM
Find
Macgyverthehero Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 23

You know, I've been thinking...

Is Frictional Games going to do something with SOMA's monsters to try to compete with Creative Assembly's Xenomorph AI?

[Image: Keo88b.gif]
01-28-2015, 08:27 PM
Find
Googolplex Offline
Banned

Threads: 246

I think the AI is like it should to make sure the game is working like FG wants.
01-29-2015, 06:29 PM
Find
Slanderous Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 78

(01-19-2015, 02:32 AM)Cyberneering Wrote: I wonder if they will re-do the A:TDD/A:MFP and maybe Penumbra assets with a higher polygon count and HD textures and support for tessellation. It could come as dlc, custom story content. In the custom story folder would be sub folders : ATDD assets HD ect.

No, no, no. Just no.
01-29-2015, 08:45 PM
Find