Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[Updated thread] Need help
Tesseract Offline

Threads: 7
RE: [ACTUAL]A new custom story

(01-22-2015, 09:21 PM)Catalyst Wrote: Ok, let's consider you didn't it specially, made me a noob, anyway I'm already with one story, I started to play amnesia in 2014 and was interested in her scripting and modding in august of last year, that's why I have registered to this forum.

Never mind you can help me if you want, how I can post my release? S.C.A.V.A is almost done Angel

PS : if I am not a senior member that doesn't mean that I'm ordinary green fingers Smile

I regret to say your response makes no sense to me.
(This post was last modified: 01-23-2015, 01:48 PM by Tesseract.)
01-23-2015, 02:39 AM
Find
Catalyst Offline

Threads: 32

(01-23-2015, 02:39 AM)Delirium92 Wrote:
(01-22-2015, 09:21 PM)Catalyst Wrote: Ok, let's consider you didn't it specially, made me a noob, anyway I'm already with one story, I started to play amnesia in 2014 and was interested in her scripting and modding in august of last year, that's why I have registered to this forum.

Never mind you can help me if you want, how I can post my release? S.C.A.V.A is almost done Angel

PS : if I am not a senior member that doesn't mean that I'm ordinary green fingers Smile

I regret to say your response make no sense to me.

Ok, to me also, your presence is senseless the only thing you do you critic the members with lower rep than you, maybe I'm wrong?

Egypt CS
[Image: 27003.png]
01-23-2015, 12:18 PM
Find
Mudbill Offline
Muderator

Threads: 59

I do think you've got it wrong mate. He merely stated that your reply was hard to understand due to your broken English. I don't mean to offend you, but it is true. Although I can pick out a few points you mentioned, I too find it difficult to make out quite what you meant with your paragraph.

01-23-2015, 12:55 PM
Find
Catalyst Offline

(01-23-2015, 12:55 PM)Mudbill Wrote: I do think you've got it wrong mate. He merely stated that your reply was hard to understand due to your broken English. I don't mean to offend you, but it is true. Although I can pick out a few points you mentioned, I too find it difficult to make out quite what you meant with your paragraph.

Ok, my English is broken...sounds very "good", not very bad English but a broken English, thank you for your sincerity I can stop my activities on Frictional Games forum due to my stupid threads... and also I can freeze my mod. If someone want's to take my mod and fix my grammar mistakes PM me I will be only glad of it Confused

(01-17-2015, 11:15 PM)Darkfire Wrote: Is this still actual ? And what do you mean by foundation ? A half blank level of cemetery ? Or you need to know which entities you can use ? Be more precise, please Wink

No, I just need a cemetery map, yes it's not a simple work but I just asked for some help. Unfortunatelly, I didn't receive any help, but if someone really want to help, I'll be glad, but I doubt that somebody will help me. Yes, I also need some advices and help in architecture entities. I know you all people from forum are too busy to read threads, especially help requests

Egypt CS
(This post was last modified: 01-23-2015, 01:21 PM by Catalyst.)
01-23-2015, 01:01 PM
Find
Mudbill Offline
Muderator

Threads: 59

I never said you should stop your activities here. I think you're overreacting. I'm simply trying to jusify what Delirium said. If you do want someone to look over your in-game text, however, I'm sure people can do that for you.

01-23-2015, 01:32 PM
Find
Tesseract Offline

Threads: 7

(01-23-2015, 12:18 PM)Catalyst Wrote: Ok, to me also, your presence is senseless the only thing you do you critic the members with lower rep than you, maybe I'm wrong?

May I just point out to you that reputation has nothing to do with one's ego on this forum; the reputation should not be some sort of commodity to someone's status. Mudbill has already clarified the situation, though I wanted to make clear that the whole reputation system is entirely meaningless and I find it quite laughable that anyone would take it seriously.

Do keep in mind that I very rarely use the forums.
(This post was last modified: 01-23-2015, 01:41 PM by Tesseract.)
01-23-2015, 01:40 PM
Find
Catalyst Offline

(01-23-2015, 01:40 PM)Delirium92 Wrote:
(01-23-2015, 12:18 PM)Catalyst Wrote: Ok, to me also, your presence is senseless the only thing you do you critic the members with lower rep than you, maybe I'm wrong?

May I just point out to you that reputation has nothing to do with one's ego on this forum; the reputation should not be some sort of commodity to someone's status. Mudbill has already clarified the situation, though I wanted to make clear that the whole reputation system is entirely meaningless and I find it quite laughable that anyone would take it seriously.

Do keep in mind that I very rarely use the forums.

Never mind Smile

Egypt CS
01-23-2015, 01:57 PM
Find
Catalyst Offline

I have a little problem, StartScreenShake(0.45, 4, 3, 7); the screen shake effect duration is only second but i have setted 7 seconds... something is wrong?

Egypt CS
01-23-2015, 04:02 PM
Find
PutraenusAlivius Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 75

(01-23-2015, 04:02 PM)Catalyst Wrote: I have a little problem, StartScreenShake(0.45, 4, 3, 7); the screen shake effect duration is only second but i have setted 7 seconds... something is wrong?

No offense, but your english is a bit confusing. I think you're asking about the duration?

Well, the StartScreenShake function has this structure:
PHP Code: (Select All)
StartScreenShake(float afAmountfloat afTimefloat afFadeInTimefloat afFadeOutTime); 

Now if I compared it with yours, that meant that the intensity of the shake is 0.45 (first argument), the DURATION of the shake is 4 [seconds] (second argument), the full intensity timer is 3 [seconds] (third argument), and the normal timer is 7 [seconds] (fourth argument)

Now what you said is that you set the DURATION for seven seconds, but actually you set the duration as four seconds. What you actually set is the normal period to be seven seconds.

"Veni, vidi, vici."
"I came, I saw, I conquered."
01-23-2015, 04:11 PM
Find
Catalyst Offline

(01-23-2015, 04:11 PM)Julius Caesar Wrote:
(01-23-2015, 04:02 PM)Catalyst Wrote: I have a little problem, StartScreenShake(0.45, 4, 3, 7); the screen shake effect duration is only second but i have setted 7 seconds... something is wrong?

No offense, but your english is a bit confusing. I think you're asking about the duration?

Well, the StartScreenShake function has this structure:
PHP Code: (Select All)
StartScreenShake(float afAmountfloat afTimefloat afFadeInTimefloat afFadeOutTime); 

Now if I compared it with yours, that meant that the intensity of the shake is 0.45 (first argument), the DURATION of the shake is 4 [seconds] (second argument), the full intensity timer is 3 [seconds] (third argument), and the normal timer is 7 [seconds] (fourth argument)

Now what you said is that you set the DURATION for seven seconds, but actually you set the duration as four seconds. What you actually set is the normal period to be seven seconds.

Yes, duration = length is the same I think. Thanks for help

Ok guys, what is wrong with my English? tell me please, I feel a bit confused when people say this thing. Earlier I thought all is alright with my English Smile

Ok sorry for my bad english if I did in this post a mistake, again, maybe would be better if I will put "Beware, bad English" as my signature? Big Grin

Egypt CS
(This post was last modified: 01-23-2015, 05:50 PM by Catalyst.)
01-23-2015, 05:40 PM
Find