Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cursor Keeps Flickering and Game Constantly Spinning
Phazon
Unregistered

Not Solved Cursor Keeps Flickering and Game Constantly Spinning
Before I start I want to let your guys know that I've already checked the general and graphics card troubleshooting guides.

I have a problem where if I leave my mouse alone, the cursor in the game goes away. However, when I move the mouse again, the cursor will appear. The cursor only appears when I'm moving the mouse around. Before all of this though I actually couldn't start up the game. The game kept crashing as soon as it started up. I looked on here and found a fix for it which was to apply the 1.2 patch I believe by getting rid of Amnesia.exe and Amnesia.pdb and replacing it with the 1.2 ones I guess. The reason I'm saying this is maybe it's due to applying the 1.2 patch?

The other problem I have is after the constant spinning in the game. When I start up a new game, the cutscene with Daniel and after is always spinning. There's no way to stop the spinning. I have my hpl attached. I'm just not sure what to do :/ Amnesia is one of my favorite games. These problems started all of a sudden when I reinstalled my Windows 7 OS. I hope all the information I gave you guys is useful in order to solve these problems. Thank you for your help and time!

.log   hpl.log (Size: 9.63 KB / Downloads: 138)
01-26-2015, 05:16 AM
Mudbill Offline
Muderator

Threads: 59
Not Solved RE: Cursor Keeps Flickering and Game Constantly Spinning
The spinning is surely caused by a third party program. You probably have something installed and running in the background of your game that is interfering. Things like game boosters and mouse driver software are most likely the suspects here.

01-26-2015, 08:36 AM
Find
Phazon
Unregistered

(01-26-2015, 08:36 AM)Mudbill Wrote: The spinning is surely caused by a third party program. You probably have something installed and running in the background of your game that is interfering. Things like game boosters and mouse driver software are most likely the suspects here.

I'm really not sure what third party program is causing the issue. I've already looked into the ones that might be causing this problem in the troubleshooting guide, but I don't even own most of those programs. The ones I do, like Steam overlay, I've disabled and that doesn't stop it. I don't think it's a third party program :/
01-26-2015, 11:18 AM
7heDubz Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 40
Go in game. Allow the spinning to start, then disconnect your mouse from your computer.

Tell us if the spinning continues.

01-26-2015, 12:04 PM
Find
Unregistered

(01-26-2015, 12:04 PM)7heDubz Wrote: Go in game. Allow the spinning to start, then disconnect your mouse from your computer.

I just tried this and it's still spinning

(01-27-2015, 12:43 AM)Guest Wrote:
(01-26-2015, 12:04 PM)7heDubz Wrote: Go in game. Allow the spinning to start, then disconnect your mouse from your computer.

I just tried this and it's still spinning

Sorry forgot to post my username. Didn't want to confuse anyone!
01-27-2015, 12:43 AM
plutomaniac Offline
Super Moderator

Threads: 45
If you have gaming mouse with special features etc make sure to disable the software that comes with it or any similar software running in the background. This is a computer-specific issue, something is interfering with the game.
01-27-2015, 01:51 AM
Find
Phazon
Unregistered

(01-27-2015, 01:51 AM)plutomaniac Wrote: If you have gaming mouse with special features etc make sure to disable the software that comes with it or any similar software running in the background. This is a computer-specific issue, something is interfering with the game.

I have a gaming mouse. It's a razer deathadder. I've ended the process in it in the task manager, but that still didn't help. I could try uninstalling it. I've attached 2 pictures of my processes and programs in my computer. The programs that you can't see under SumatraPDF are: The Room (a steam game), Vegas Pro 13, vJoy Device Drive 0.2.0.4 (used for the Wii U Gamecube adapter), Wii U USB GCN adapter version 1.0 (again, for the Wii U GC adapter), and WinRAR. It's possible that the Wii U GC adapter drivers could be the problem.

Attached Files
.png   Task Manager Programs.png (Size: 75.11 KB / Downloads: 134)
.png   Programs.png (Size: 154.47 KB / Downloads: 136)
01-27-2015, 05:33 AM
Mudbill Offline
Muderator

Threads: 59
That sounds very likely. I would also say Vegas can be another one. I do think it would be the adapter though.

01-27-2015, 09:57 AM
Find
Phazon
Unregistered

(01-27-2015, 09:57 AM)Mudbill Wrote: That sounds very likely. I would also say Vegas can be another one. I do think it would be the adapter though.

I just uninstalled the Wii U GC adapter drivers and it's working again! I can't believe it! haha. I would of never thought that it was those drivers that was causing the issue, but I guess anything could interfere with programs! I'll just have to re-install those drivers every time I use my GC adapter, but oh well. I'm so happy! Thank you for helping me and the rest of the others that were trying to help me! I really do appreciate it! Smile
01-27-2015, 11:25 AM
plutomaniac Offline
Super Moderator

Threads: 45
Yes, that was obvious. Maybe you don't have to reinstall and uninstall. Just make sure it's not running in the background while Amnesia is. Either way, I will add it at the compatibility list of the troubleshooting guide.
(This post was last modified: 01-27-2015, 04:59 PM by plutomaniac.)
01-27-2015, 04:55 PM
Find
Jump to the post that solved this thread.