Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Re Working Scripts?
TheGreatCthulhu Offline

Threads: 10
RE: Re Working Scripts?

^ It looks like you maybe misunderstood what Mudbill said: there are two kinds of doors in the game:
  1. Level doors, which are used to load another level (map), and which you can't swing open (if you remember them from the game, when you click on one, the screen just fades out, and the next level begins to load - they don't swing open).
  2. Standard doors - the fully interactive, in-level doors that you place between rooms within the level. (The more plain looking, wooden doors in the game, that you can open/close, block with furniture, etc.)

Are you trying to use type (1) as type (2)?
03-01-2015, 09:56 AM
Find
Amnesiaplayer Offline

Threads: 105

(03-01-2015, 09:56 AM)TheGreatCthulhu Wrote: ^ It looks like you maybe misunderstood what Mudbill said: there are two kinds of doors in the game:
  1. Level doors, which are used to load another level (map), and which you can't swing open (if you remember them from the game, when you click on one, the screen just fades out, and the next level begins to load - they don't swing open).
  2. Standard doors - the fully interactive, in-level doors that you place between rooms within the level. (The more plain looking, wooden doors in the game, that you can open/close, block with furniture, etc.)

Are you trying to use type (1) as type (2)?

Yes i understand this, i made a custom story full of doors! like monster c.o lol
swingdoors are the doors you can swing, and leveldoors are the one that teleports you, so actually, helping from grunt/brute door Smile

but on my first map, i can't interact the doors, i can actually interact but i can't click... even if i unlock the door, you hear the sound you unlocked it, but you still can't enter! this happened after i placed a key. to open the door i mean...
03-01-2015, 01:39 PM
Find
FlawlessHappiness Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 145

I've tried covering a place with a ScriptArea that had "ItemInteraction" ticked.
I couldn't interact with anything when I was inside that ScriptArea.

If you have covered your door in an area with "ItemInteraction" ticked, then you cannot interact with it.

Trying is the first step to success.
03-01-2015, 02:06 PM
Find