Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Level Editor Suite not closing or resizing the window
BeautifulCorpse
Unregistered

Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago Level Editor Suite not closing or resizing the window
For my senior project in school i have been planning on creating a custom story on amnesia. I recently got a laptop, and downloaded both Amnesia TDD and the level editor suite. When i first started using it is worked like a dream, except one thing, the bottom toolbar was hidden by my dock. Stupidly, i tried to fix it myself before i knew what to do, so i uninstalled it and reinstalled it. Afterwards i finally looked up what to do, since others had similar issues, and i read that there was in fact a options menu, and from there i could change the window size, all you had to do was set the options and close out of the window. When i went to do it however, i realised my window would no longer close. Possibly to do with me installing it. So i could not get to the clipping button, the thing i most desperately need. So then, i decided to uninstall and reinstall Amnesia, and after that didnt work i soft reset my computer, and after that failed, i took drastic measures and did a Factory Reset of the laptop too. After redownloading both amnesia and the editor again, i tried to run it again, only to find, it will STILL not close out using the X button. The only way to do it is with the task manager, which i dont mind, but i cant reset the screen size without closing out with the X. Im desperate, I ran out of answers. The program closed before, but now after everything i have done it wont. I dont know what to do, i simply need a way to change the window size and keep it that way. Or atleast be able to unclip stuff...

One last thing, i already tried editing the hpl2 level editor thing, though im not sure if i am doing it right. Is the spot shown in the attachment where i edit the screen size? Both of the spots? If so, i saved it and it still didnt change. It just reverted back.

[Image: sdzGE18.png]
05-13-2015, 10:09 PM
Mudbill Offline
Muderator

Threads: 59
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago RE: Level Editor Suite not closing or resizing the window
Well, here's the thing. The editor doesn't close using X for anyone. You can use the menu File > Quit to do it normally, or press escape and accept the prompt.

The files for the editors are saved in Documents\HPL2, so if you ever wanna reset it, just delete that folder. This is why uninstalling the game didn't help, because the files are kept separate. You can also edit the resolution in there through the config file if you wish.

The file you're showing is the log, which tells if anything went wrong. It's not a config file, so no, you can't edit that one.

It's a shame you had to factory reset your PC just because this information wasn't available. Hopefully it wasn't too much of an issue for you to get it back up and running.

(This post was last modified: 05-13-2015, 11:21 PM by Mudbill.)
05-13-2015, 11:18 PM
Find
BeautifulCorpse Offline

Threads: 2
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago RE: Level Editor Suite not closing or resizing the window
Well, gods, im an idiot. Thank you so much mudbill {i love your videos by the way, they are what are helping me through my project, so you can be sure you will be mentioned in my presentation and the story itself, when i saw you on here i completely freaked out. } but yeah, resetting it wasnt that hard, took about 50 min, and only took off few things, like i said, i got it recently, a week ago to the day. So yeah, off to making a custom story! WhoHoo, and really, thank you so much, i was stressing over this all day at school. C:
05-13-2015, 11:37 PM
Find
Jump to the post that solved this thread.