Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 29 Vote(s) - 4.45 Average
The Ultimate SOMA Discussion Thread
Fake Offline

Threads: 0
RE: The Ultimate SOMA Discussion Thread

Focus on the whirlphool apparently, when hinting this strong I am pretty sure the login name will have something to do with that. Perhaps we could try looking up the names of whirlpools all over the world and try them as usernames? Going to try at few myself
05-29-2015, 01:00 PM
Find
BahamutPT Offline

New tweet with Edgar Allen Poe

https://twitter.com/PathosII/status/604255622566187008

> processing request
> cortex inhibitors activated
> tag @Zulgot

Quote:Zulgot ‏@Zulgot 4m4 minutes ago
@PathosII So the image of whirpool is actually Charybda eh? And then there is the statue of Janus... Something going on with greek mythology
(This post was last modified: 05-29-2015, 01:02 PM by BahamutPT.)
05-29-2015, 01:01 PM
Find
lucianorimoli Offline

Search for maelstrom in poe's tales
(This post was last modified: 05-29-2015, 01:03 PM by lucianorimoli.)
05-29-2015, 01:02 PM
Find
TheTrueTashi Offline

Threads: 4

new tweet!

We're actually on the right way, it seems. The picture shows Edgar Alan Poe and I think we have to search in one of his books about any Whirlpools/Maelstroms:

"Many people don't know that Edgar Allan Poe also wrote stories about adventure on the high seas, buried pirate treasure, and a famous balloon ride." (Quote from a website)
05-29-2015, 01:02 PM
Find
GhylTarvoke Offline

Threads: 14

(05-29-2015, 12:58 PM)Kein Wrote: Any kind soul willing to write up a decent summary on what happened since I left? Last thing I remember we just discovered 4 terminals, 4 code words and 2 locked unknown doors.

Also weird code word in pk23

One person solved the text adventure, resulting in the text adventure being solved for everyone. A new video was released in which a robotic voice says, "We only see a fantasy. Reality is a lie." This turned out to be the password for WAU (login wau weonlyseeafantasyrealityisalie).

Once logged in as WAU, we were able to access the pk5 folder, which contained a scrambled image that was different for everyone. A Photoshop wizard pieced together the image, and now we're trying to figure out what it means. Unfortunately, 4chan is down, so we're the main group working on this.
05-29-2015, 01:03 PM
Find
TheTrueTashi Offline

Threads: 4

"Many people don't know that Edgar Allan Poe also wrote stories about adventure on the high seas, buried pirate treasure, and a famous balloon ride." (Quote from a website)
[/quote]

http://poestories.com/read/manuscript Here is the link to his manuscript, we have to search for any whirlpool related stuff.
05-29-2015, 01:03 PM
Find
DiscKZee Offline

A Descent into the Maelstrom seems like the most fitting lead. Short story by Poe.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/A_Descent_i...str%C3%B6m
05-29-2015, 01:04 PM
Find
BahamutPT Offline

(05-29-2015, 01:02 PM)TheTrueTashi Wrote: new tweet!

We're actually on the right way, it seems. The picture shows Edgar Alan Poe and I think we have to search in one of his books about any Whirlpools/Maelstroms:

The Moskstraumen was described in the 13th century in the Old Norse poems Edda and remained an attractive subject for painters and writers, including Edgar Allan Poe, Walter Moers and Jules Verne.

The Moskstraum, referred to simply as the Maelstrom, was the inspiration for Edgar Allan Poe's short story "A Descent into the Maelström" (1841), which brought the term maelstrom, meaning strong whirlpool, into the English language.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moskstraumen#In_literature

The image to the right is the one from the tweet!
(This post was last modified: 05-29-2015, 01:06 PM by BahamutPT.)
05-29-2015, 01:05 PM
Find
Fake Offline

(05-29-2015, 12:58 PM)Kein Wrote: Any kind soul willing to write up a decent summary on what happened since I left? Last thing I remember we just discovered 4 terminals, 4 code words and 2 locked unknown doors.

Also weird code word in pk23

After the game was solved (we dont really know what happened in the ending cause only one person saw it I believe), we got the information for the wau login. The wau login gave access to the pk5 and displayed a picture when the screamer was done, the picture and the tweets are the current mystery.

http://pastebin.com/X0GivsGP for all info
Find
Assorted Offline

(05-29-2015, 01:04 PM)DiscKZee Wrote: A Descent into the Maelstrom seems like the most fitting lead. Short story by Poe.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/A_Descent_i...str%C3%B6m

Similar but more dangerous is the Maelstrom off the coast of Norway. Norse legends make frequent reference to it and, in the last century, both Jules Verne and Edgar Allen Poe featured it in their fictional adventures. Poe, in his short story "Descent Into the Maelstrom" from Tales of Mystery and Imagination goes overboard in more ways than one:
Find