Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 29 Vote(s) - 4.45 Average
The Ultimate SOMA Discussion Thread
Romulator Offline
Not Tech Support ;-)

Threads: 63
RE: The Ultimate SOMA Discussion Thread

(05-29-2015, 04:27 PM)Damascus Rose Wrote: where did they enter the code when it was found? i'm confused

The code we got through the scrambled image?
We pulled the stuff together, took the first character of each image and made it a YouTube URL.
(The one now in my sig)

Discord: Romulator#0001
[Image: 3f6f01a904.png]
(This post was last modified: 05-29-2015, 04:33 PM by Romulator.)
05-29-2015, 04:33 PM
Find
Kein Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 22

It was part of the URL for youtube video ID.

"Avoid Capture"
Bugs/Tricks Gallery:
1 | 2 | 3
05-29-2015, 04:35 PM
Find
Assorted Offline

Threads: 0

(05-29-2015, 03:53 PM)Kein Wrote: Nah, I doubt that's the end.
There has to be 1-2 hidden things left. It was bloody fun after all.

I sincerely hope they will do something else closer to launch, maybe fix the pk5 folder and let us go through all the stuff in there. But for now i think that this was it.
05-29-2015, 04:53 PM
Find
GhylTarvoke Offline

Threads: 14

The monster's appearance and behavior seem different. I think this is the new version of the Jiangshi, and the old one (with an Amnesia grunt's body) was a placeholder.

EDIT: Also, the environments have gotten a lot more detailed since the Upsilon teaser.
(This post was last modified: 05-29-2015, 05:34 PM by GhylTarvoke.)
05-29-2015, 05:10 PM
Find
i3670 Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 74

oooooh, so many new assets to play around with.

"What you think is irrelevant" - A character of our time

A Christmas Hunt
05-29-2015, 05:31 PM
Find
Kein Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 22

(05-29-2015, 05:10 PM)GhylTarvoke Wrote: The monster's appearance and behavior seem different. I think this is the new version of the Jiangshi, and the old one (with an Amnesia grunt's body) was a placeholder.

EDIT: Also, the environments have gotten a lot more detailed since the Upsilon teaser.
Upsilon teaser from today?

I believe you meant original gameplay teaser from a year ago?

"Avoid Capture"
Bugs/Tricks Gallery:
1 | 2 | 3
05-29-2015, 05:38 PM
Find
emugod Offline

Threads: 1

(05-29-2015, 03:57 PM)LordOfDragons Wrote: Okay this whole thing, all clips (Mockingbird, the trailer, structuregel) reminds me of portal 2 for some reason.
Spoiler below!
Putting ppls minds into robots like they did with glados in Portal. Just my thought :L
Looking forward to playing it so much... Although. 115 days. Damn. Thats another quartal we will need to wait :c
But well. Time is what makes a good game, right? (Now i want a time machine. For reals.)

I feel the same thing; that SOMA could end up being what Portal 2 should have been, what Valve (IMO which I've had since it released) chickened out on. Of course with more of a horrific bent than Valve probably would have gone with in any case, but just to say at least a very thorough examination of the themes and setting (abandoned research facility populated with questionably-sapient, possibly-upload robots of highly varied character and goals/motivations) which Valve had at hand and passed up.

Likewise disappointed this wasn't a 'here it is' reveal (which I honestly never doubted to be the case during the ARG, everything seemed to be pointing that way). Because I just know I'm going to lose this dumb Steam Key code before it comes.
05-29-2015, 05:41 PM
Find
GhylTarvoke Offline

Threads: 14

(05-29-2015, 05:38 PM)Kein Wrote:
(05-29-2015, 05:10 PM)GhylTarvoke Wrote: The monster's appearance and behavior seem different. I think this is the new version of the Jiangshi, and the old one (with an Amnesia grunt's body) was a placeholder.

Upsilon teaser from today?

I believe you meant original gameplay teaser from a year ago?

Right, I was comparing this video with the one from today.
05-29-2015, 05:42 PM
Find
emaper Offline

Threads: 0

The new gameplay trailer is just great! Amazing scenario!
When he has pulled the wrong lever and the robot started to scream, I felt horrified and a sort of grief! It was weird and unsettling at the same time!
This game's gonna make a big difference in the horror games' conception. So hyped...

Student | Bassist 

[Image: LNndQ]
05-29-2015, 06:28 PM
Find
GrAVit Offline

Threads: 15

DAYUMN that gameplay trailer! I've lost my Internet connection for a couple days now, so haven't been quite up to date on the ARG.

The game looks really good! Even that small amount of gameplay footage made me question whether or not it's correct to do this or that to these poor things. I can see it evoking a lot of thoughts and unlocking new perspectives on how we see reality.

The narrative protagonist's voice is also an interesting new addition, as well as the fact that he's not an amnesiac. Fantastic atmosphere as always and exciting enemy encounters! Really looking forward to this!

September 22nd, let us hype till then!
Looking forward to E3 as well. Smile

05-29-2015, 07:06 PM
Find