Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 29 Vote(s) - 4.45 Average
The Ultimate SOMA Discussion Thread
GhylTarvoke Offline

Threads: 14
RE: The Ultimate SOMA Discussion Thread

I just noticed that the visual distortion is only present when Simon is nearby an active robot. (It disappears when he "kills" the female robot and when he moves away from the male robot.) Hmmm... not sure what that means.
05-29-2015, 10:06 PM
Find
Bodertz Offline

Threads: 0

(05-29-2015, 07:23 PM)emugod Wrote: the fact you could take the badge (even though he didn't here) makes me really excited for the possibility of confronting the delusional uploads(?) about their circumstances.

Can you take the badge? How do you know?
05-30-2015, 03:57 AM
Find
Macgyverthehero Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 23

You know, I think we should start calling the robots with the human intelligence Mockingbirds from now on. Just it makes sense to call them that since the Mockingbird video had the robot imposter of Adam Golaski.

Also, the robot/monster in the new gameplay trailer sounds creepy as hell. Can't wait to get spooked in three months!

[Image: Keo88b.gif]
05-30-2015, 04:01 AM
Find
Damascus Rose Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 22

damn, that monster is cool as hell after watching it a few times. i didn't focus too hard on looks because i dont want to spoil it too much but it sounds so creepy.

[Image: damascusrose2.png]
05-30-2015, 06:16 AM
Find
emugod Offline

Threads: 1

(05-30-2015, 03:57 AM)Bodertz Wrote: Can you take the badge? How do you know?

Well it's just a guess, but you can see the icon change after he exits the examination view, just as he puts the center-dot over the badge, to an open-hand 'grab'. Applying videogame/adventure-game logic I'd bet the point of taking it would be to show the Carl Semken Mockingbird, as support for trying to challenge his delusion. Probably as part of an optional split off the main alternate path of disabling his switch rather than the 'flow control'. By convincing him he kills himself, or he manages to help you figure out some way to spare him, or he becomes hostile, etc. some change that then enables (or at least excuses, makes less ethically monstrous) turning off his switch rather than the flow control one.
05-30-2015, 06:59 AM
Find
Bodertz Offline

(05-30-2015, 06:59 AM)emugod Wrote:
(05-30-2015, 03:57 AM)Bodertz Wrote: Can you take the badge? How do you know?

Well it's just a guess, but you can see the icon change after he exits the examination view, just as he puts the center-dot over the badge, to an open-hand 'grab'. Applying videogame/adventure-game logic I'd bet the point of taking it would be to show the Carl Semken Mockingbird, as support for trying to challenge his delusion. Probably as part of an optional split off the main alternate path of disabling his switch rather than the 'flow control'. By convincing him he kills himself, or he manages to help you figure out some way to spare him, or he becomes hostile, etc. some change that then enables (or at least excuses, makes less ethically monstrous) turning off his switch rather than the flow control one.

I didn't notice that. You might be right.
05-30-2015, 08:00 AM
Find
pinkribbonscars Offline

After watching that latest gameplay trailer, I can't believe what Frictional Games accomplished with their team size and in house engine . Those robot animations are sublime. The artstyle and atmosphere (as expected) are godtier too, god damn FG <3
05-30-2015, 02:02 PM
Find
emaper Offline

(05-30-2015, 02:02 PM)pinkribbonscars Wrote: After watching that latest gameplay trailer, I can't believe what Frictional Games accomplished with their team size and in house engine . Those robot animations are sublime. The artstyle and atmosphere (as expected) are godtier too, god damn FG <3

I fully agree with you!
I would consider SOMA as a manifesto of what a small team like Frictional can do, unlike most big video game companies. Furthermore, the fact that SOMA will be available even on PS4, means that Frictional will be projected on a new "panorama", bigger and more powerful, on a par with the giants of video games industry.

Student | Bassist 

[Image: LNndQ]
05-30-2015, 02:58 PM
Find
Damascus Rose Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 22

I just noticed something interesting (after like the 6th time watching)
look at when he goes down the ladder! you can see his hands!! awesome!!!

[Image: damascusrose2.png]
05-30-2015, 05:58 PM
Find
213 Offline

i noticed it the first time and it wasn't that interesting.

(05-30-2015, 02:58 PM)emaper Wrote:
(05-30-2015, 02:02 PM)pinkribbonscars Wrote: After watching that latest gameplay trailer, I can't believe what Frictional Games accomplished with their team size and in house engine . Those robot animations are sublime. The artstyle and atmosphere (as expected) are godtier too, god damn FG <3

I fully agree with you!
I would consider SOMA as a manifesto of what a small team like Frictional can do, unlike most big video game companies. Furthermore, the fact that SOMA will be available even on PS4, means that Frictional will be projected on a new "panorama", bigger and more powerful, on a par with the giants of video games industry.

definitely a good thing for them. and getting on consoles is a guaranteed money maker, and they deserve everything that's coming to them. i just hope that the game wasn't downgraded in any way as a result.
(This post was last modified: 05-31-2015, 12:24 AM by 213.)
05-31-2015, 12:22 AM
Find