Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 29 Vote(s) - 4.45 Average
The Ultimate SOMA Discussion Thread
Kein Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 22
RE: The Ultimate SOMA Discussion Thread

(08-02-2015, 10:32 PM)PathOS Wrote: What did The Dark Descent and Machine For Pigs retail for when they launched?

I know they're still $20 now on Steam (though of course they're always discounted during sales).

I dunno though. As much as I'd like it to retail low, given that they've been working on this game for 5 years (and not 5 years of mismanagement and micromanagement that the "AAA" devs mess up) they should price it at the value they think it is worth and I for one would gladly pay.

Amnesia:DD was 20$ in 2010, so is AMFP in 2013.

"Avoid Capture"
Bugs/Tricks Gallery:
1 | 2 | 3
(This post was last modified: 08-03-2015, 08:28 PM by Kein.)
08-03-2015, 08:27 PM
Find
Yuhaney Offline
Hello Friends!

Threads: 100

(08-03-2015, 06:43 PM)Damascus Rose Wrote: How would achievements add anything to the experience of playing these games?

Where did I state they would add something? I understand your point, I don't like stuff popping up either. Even if they choose to add them, that's fine by me. You seem to have already formed an opinion that you are not willing to change, even if you could turn Trophies off on PS4 (on PS3 you couldn't but I don't know about current generation, therefore I base my current opinion on previous generation) so I don't see a lot of point to continue on this specific subject.

(This post was last modified: 08-03-2015, 09:09 PM by Yuhaney.)
08-03-2015, 08:58 PM
Website Find
Paddy™ Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 43

Aaron Clifford shared this short video of him working on a level in HPL, set to Dubstep:

08-03-2015, 09:59 PM
Find
A.M Team Offline
Banned

Threads: 63

(08-03-2015, 09:59 PM)Paddy™ Wrote: Aaron Clifford shared this short video of him working on a level in HPL, set to Dubstep:

oh snap
08-03-2015, 10:05 PM
Find
Googolplex Offline
Banned

Threads: 246

Achievements are modern mainstream crap.
(This post was last modified: 08-03-2015, 10:07 PM by Googolplex.)
08-03-2015, 10:07 PM
Find
A.M Team Offline
Banned

Threads: 63

(08-03-2015, 10:07 PM)Googolplex Wrote: Achievements are modern mainstream crap.
2EDGY4ME
08-03-2015, 10:12 PM
Find
Rapture Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 79

I get the feeling somewhere in that video is some kind of secret even if their isn't one >.>

***Random Gibberish about his Desktop***
(1) He likes to play Hearthstone
(2) He uses Nd02 and Quixel to make textures
(3) Uses Modo for modeling (For anyone that uses it, is their any reason(s) why you prefer to use it over Zbrush/Maya/3Ds Max/Blender? I'm seeing Modo pop up more and more.)
(4) He uses Filezilla for file transfers
(5) This was recorded on March 08, 2015 at 2:11 pm.
(6) I don't see Notepad++ anywhere, seriously how can you live with yourself in this day and age without Notepad++ on your computer.

***Level Editor***
(1) Icons on the left...

-Cursor
-Lights
-Lights Mask? (new)
-Billboards
-Orange Circle (new)
-Particles
-Sounds
-Static Objects
-Entities
-Areas
-Primitives
-Decals
-Fogs
-RedBlue Arrows (What did this do again?)
-Looks like a gem? (new)
-Blue Circle (new)
-Can't see anything (new)
-Red clouds? (new)

(2) Their is a new "I" icon to where the Clipping plane options are.
(3) Their are 7 new types of "Object Types" we can select! :O
(4) Map is called "04_03_tau_escape.hpm"
(5) Their is a secret in this and someone other than me needs to figure it out!
08-04-2015, 02:37 AM
Find
Damascus Rose Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 22

(08-03-2015, 08:58 PM)IIPEE Wrote:
(08-03-2015, 06:43 PM)Damascus Rose Wrote: How would achievements add anything to the experience of playing these games?

Where did I state they would add something? I understand your point, I don't like stuff popping up either. Even if they choose to add them, that's fine by me. You seem to have already formed an opinion that you are not willing to change, even if you could turn Trophies off on PS4 (on PS3 you couldn't but I don't know about current generation, therefore I base my current opinion on previous generation) so I don't see a lot of point to continue on this specific subject.

Well you didn't say they would add anything, but why put something in a game if it wont make the game better? My opinion is just my thoughts on the matter, subject to change, should someone make a good argument against it.

Even if you could turn trophies off, the majority of people won't, and they'll get pop-ups that will hurt the experience. Even a break from immersion for a second hurts the player experience. Example: if you find a small bug in a game. The little things that remind you you're just playing a game really make the difference.

Maybe they'll find a way to make achievements work and add them to the game, who knows. We'll find out. I'm just stating why I believe they shouldn't be added. I remember a discussion about this quite some time ago actually and I vaguely remember someone from frictional saying they don't want achievements? Could just be talking out my ass I can't really remember.

[Image: damascusrose2.png]
08-04-2015, 02:40 AM
Find
TiManGames Offline

Threads: 25

(08-04-2015, 02:37 AM)Rapture Wrote: I get the feeling somewhere in that video is some kind of secret even if their isn't one >.>

***Random Gibberish about his Desktop***
(1) He likes to play Hearthstone
(2) He uses Nd02 and Quixel to make textures
(3) Uses Modo for modeling (For anyone that uses it, is their any reason(s) why you prefer to use it over Zbrush/Maya/3Ds Max/Blender? I'm seeing Modo pop up more and more.)
(4) He uses Filezilla for file transfers
(5) This was recorded on March 08, 2015 at 2:11 pm.
(6) I don't see Notepad++ anywhere, seriously how can you live with yourself in this day and age without Notepad++ on your computer.

***Level Editor***
(1) Icons on the left...

-Cursor
-Lights
-Lights Mask? (new)
-Billboards
-Orange Circle (new)
-Particles
-Sounds
-Static Objects
-Entities
-Areas
-Primitives
-Decals
-Fogs
-RedBlue Arrows (What did this do again?)
-Looks like a gem? (new)
-Blue Circle (new)
-Can't see anything (new)
-Red clouds? (new)

(2) Their is a new "I" icon to where the Clipping plane options are.
(3) Their are 7 new types of "Object Types" we can select! :O
(4) Map is called "04_03_tau_escape.hpm"
(5) Their is a secret in this and someone other than me needs to figure it out!

"tau_escape"

So we do go to tau, good.

tau is before the last station, as far as I know.

This forum is dead
(This post was last modified: 08-05-2015, 09:17 AM by TiManGames.)
08-04-2015, 01:09 PM
Find
Traggey Offline
is mildly amused

Threads: 74

@Rapture

Modo has some seriously powerfull modeling tools that neither Max or Maya can quite compare to, for highpoly hardsurface modeling, modo is nr1.
08-04-2015, 04:49 PM
Find