Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Slooow Mouse?
songsinh1241 Offline

Threads: 1
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago Slooow Mouse?

I'm playing Penumbra: Collection on a macbook. (I know, right?)
2.26GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
NVIDIA GeForce 9400M
4GB RAM

Is the extra-low mouse sensitivity normal? Even when the sensitivity option is turned to 5, in-game movement is still too slow, but the mouse is way too fast in menus. Quickly selecting items in the inventory screen becomes a problem. Actions like turning cranks feel very awkward and require me to raise my mouse a lot. Movement in general feels sketchy. (Maybe just a quirk of HPL1?) Is this a known problem and is there a fix???

I have the latest patch installed.
I'm using my screen's native resolution. (1280x800)

Songsinh
(This post was last modified: 09-28-2015, 07:49 AM by songsinh1241.)
08-20-2015, 08:38 AM
Find
Yuhaney Offline
Hello Friends!

Threads: 100
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago RE: Slooow Mouse?

I'm not very familiar with Mac but when you say sensitivity, are you talking about in game sensitivity or mouse sensitivity in the OS?

08-20-2015, 02:11 PM
Website Find
Mudbill Offline
Muderator

Threads: 59
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago RE: Slooow Mouse?

I figure it's in-game. The cursor moves super rapidly, but the character in the game requires several sweeps to turn.

It might have something to do with how the game handles the system's sensitivity. There's no raw input option, so it's probably layered with OS X's. You can try changing the sensitivity in the System Preferences, but this does sound like a separate issue. I've had no issues with sensitivity myself. What OS X version are you using? Any background programs that might be interfering perhaps?

08-21-2015, 12:33 PM
Find
Jump to the post that solved this thread.