Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 29 Vote(s) - 4.45 Average
The Ultimate SOMA Discussion Thread
Radiance Offline

Threads: 34
RE: The Ultimate SOMA Discussion Thread

Will it have some kinda weapons and throwables as in Alien isolation? But with scarce ammo.
Static/plasma/fire grenade to stun enemies so you can run and hide. It's not you'll have it in abundance. You'll have to explore areas to find it and maybe in hidden areas.
I wish you could unlock some weapons after you beat the game so if you choose to defend yourself.
(This post was last modified: 08-30-2015, 09:37 AM by Radiance.)
08-30-2015, 09:34 AM
Find
TiManGames Offline

Threads: 25

(08-30-2015, 09:34 AM)brus Wrote: Will it have some kinda weapons and throwables as in Alien isolation? But with scarce ammo.
Static/plasma/fire grenade to stun enemies so you can run and hide. It's not you'll have it in abundance. You'll have to explore areas to find it and maybe in hidden areas.
I wish you could unlock some weapons after you beat the game so if you choose to defend yourself.

Zero weapons. You are defenseless.

This forum is dead
08-30-2015, 09:57 AM
Find
Radiance Offline

(08-30-2015, 09:57 AM)TheTieMan Wrote: Zero weapons. You are defenseless.

How can I ask or contact developers to integrate some throwable bombs? I˝t doesn't have to be on first playthrough. You can unlock as a mod and as an option.
Plus, bombs could be scarce so you'll have to think when to use it. Sometimes you could just run.

Should I write a specific thread for this?
(This post was last modified: 08-30-2015, 10:18 AM by Radiance.)
08-30-2015, 10:05 AM
Find
Googolplex Offline
Banned

Threads: 246

(08-30-2015, 10:05 AM)brus Wrote: How can I ask or contact developers to integrate some throwable bombs? I˝t doesn't have to be on first playthrough. You can unlock as a mod and as an option.
Plus, bombs could be scarce so you'll have to think when to use it. Sometimes you could just run.

SOMA is not about "fun".
The devs are reading here, but they won't add any new content to SOMA especially no bombs or weapons!

You can make a thread about this, but no one will share your thoughts.

A good game with "weapons" is Penumbra Overture. There you have a hammer and a pickaxe, oh and dynamite (which is like bombs), which are more tools than weapons, but you can kill the monsters with it. But notice this game is not made to play like Doom.
(This post was last modified: 08-30-2015, 10:53 AM by Googolplex.)
08-30-2015, 10:27 AM
Find
TiManGames Offline

(08-30-2015, 10:05 AM)brus Wrote:

How can I ask or contact developers to integrate some throwable bombs? I˝t doesn't have to be on first playthrough. You can unlock as a mod and as an option.

So basiclly what you are saying here is that you wish there was a game called "SOMA: Modern Warfare (spooky bombs edition)".

This forum is dead
(This post was last modified: 08-30-2015, 10:46 AM by TiManGames.)
08-30-2015, 10:45 AM
Find
Radiance Offline

(08-30-2015, 10:45 AM)TheTieMan Wrote:

So basiclly what you are saying here is that you wish there was a game called "SOMA: Modern Warfare with spooky bombs.

No COD. Come on. I don't want that. Just another aspect of RPG and survival horror. Collection of bombs across the map will add additional exploration. Bombs won't kill creatures, just stagger them with knockback effect so you could run if you make it. I don't think it would ruin the game's premise. It'll just add additional tense.
If you use the bombs, after creature staggered, A.I will become more aggresive in search. So, you'll have to do the math carefully when really gets near you.

I'll make a seperate thread in the evening when I create some visual example with some concept art.
(This post was last modified: 08-30-2015, 11:34 AM by Radiance.)
08-30-2015, 10:57 AM
Find
TiManGames Offline

(08-30-2015, 10:57 AM)brus Wrote:
(08-30-2015, 10:45 AM)TheTieMan Wrote:

So basiclly what you are saying here is that you wish there was a game called "SOMA: Modern Warfare with spooky bombs.

No COD. Come on. I don't want that. Just another aspect of RPG and survival horror. Collection bombs across the map will add additional exploration. Bombs won't kill creatures, just stagger them with knockback effect so you could run if you make it. I don't think it would ruin the game's premise. It'll just add additional tense.
If you use the bombs, after creature staggered, A.I will become more aggresive in search. So, you'll have to do the math carefully when really gets near you.

I'll make a seperate thread in the evening when I create some visual example with some concept art.

I am sorry, but SOMA is probably not the game you are looking for. SOMA is a survival horror, you are defenseless like in Amnesia, and you have zero power against enemies. Don't even bother to make separate thread. SOMA is already in content lock. Nobody can add new features to the game. It's only 22 days left before release, c'mon.

This forum is dead
08-30-2015, 11:02 AM
Find
Romulator Offline
Not Tech Support ;-)

Threads: 63

(08-30-2015, 10:57 AM)brus Wrote: Bombs won't kill creatures, just stagger them with knockback effect so you could run if you make it.

They won't add it for three reasons.
  • Did you play Amnesia? There were no weapons in that. And you could knockback enemies with any entity you could pick up. Boxes, chairs, rocks, anything. You don't need bomb knockback.
  • Content lock is in place. The game cannot be modified any more beyond minor tweaks and bug fixes.
  • Bombs are just... no. What's the point of adding them? If you want them, you can add them into a modification you create with Amnesia, so you should be able to do so in SOMA with clever scripting. Albeit, damage is another question.

Discord: Romulator#0001
[Image: 3f6f01a904.png]
08-30-2015, 12:53 PM
Find
Slanderous Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 78

SOMA: Path ops III
08-30-2015, 01:00 PM
Find
TiManGames Offline