Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Game will not launch
Budman
Unregistered

Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month, 3 Weeks ago Game will not launch
So I have been struggling with a problem for hours and I didn't check here for a while because I had figured the game was too outdated for anyone to focus on the forums of it. I badly just want to play the game so I'm trying everything now.

I have a steam version and am running on a computer capable of running this game. I am however using Windows 10, which I believe may be the source of some problems.

When I launch the game absolutely nothing happens. I read another forum thread that said to run it from the game's files, so I tried this. I came up with the error "The program can't start because MSVCR100.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem." I looked up this error and found numerous ways to fix it and tried every single one. Sadly, none had any effect on the game.

I did try verifying the game's files via steam and also tried reinstalling the game completely. Still nothing.

I saw in another forums post that it is common to show a HLP.log file but I cannot find it on steam version.

Any info will help
09-16-2015, 10:39 PM
Romulator Offline
Not Tech Support ;-)

Threads: 63
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month, 3 Weeks ago RE: Game will not launch
You appear to have a similar problem to another user in this topic: https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/thread-30563.html

Could you try downloading and installing the file appropriate for your system in the reply jens suggested? Then try running Amnesia again and see what occurs.

Discord: Romulator#0001
[Image: 3f6f01a904.png]
(This post was last modified: 09-16-2015, 10:51 PM by Romulator.)
09-16-2015, 10:50 PM
Find
Budman Offline

Threads: 0
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month, 3 Weeks ago RE: Game will not launch
(09-16-2015, 10:50 PM)Romulator Wrote: You appear to have a similar problem to another user in this topic: https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/thread-30563.html

Could you try downloading and installing the file appropriate for your system in the reply jens suggested? Then try running Amnesia again and see what occurs.

Thank you SO MUCH. I've been at this for hours and it's nice for something to come out of it Jen's solution worked.
09-16-2015, 11:23 PM
Find