Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Screen and Mouse Issues
kpdavis2000
Unregistered

Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago Screen and Mouse Issues
I am having a problem with the game resolution. I am playing on an HDTV and when I open it, the screen is cropped, I have adjusted the resolution in settings.cfg, i have gone into compatibility mode and checked "Disable display scaling on high dpi settings, but it crashes the game. I try to navigate and experiment around the gamma selection window to see if I can fix it (yes, I know gamma has nothing to do with that, that is just the screen it starts on) but the mouse flashes on and off on the screen. PLEASE HELP!!!!
09-19-2015, 10:07 PM
Mudbill Offline
Muderator

Threads: 59
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago RE: Screen and Mouse Issues
Are you sure it's not the TV then? Are you able to play it on a regular monitor?
I know a lot of TVs like to crop out the edges of an HDMI connected PC.

09-19-2015, 11:34 PM
Find
Unregistered

Is there any way to fix it without using a monitor?

(09-19-2015, 11:34 PM)Mugbill Wrote: Are you sure it's not the TV then? Are you able to play it on a regular monitor?
I know a lot of TVs like to crop out the edges of an HDMI connected PC.

Is there any way to fix it without using a monitor? Also, Black Plague works just fine, which really confuses me.
09-20-2015, 04:45 PM
Mudbill Offline
Muderator

Threads: 59
What GPU do you have? A lot of TVs will display cropped imagary from PCs, so if you have an Nvidia card, you can edit the cropping in the Nvidia Control Panel. I'm sure there's something similar for AMD as well. Though Intel I'm not sure.

For reference, you can read this thread for SOMA on a similar issue:
https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/thread-30626.html

(This post was last modified: 09-20-2015, 05:54 PM by Mudbill.)
09-20-2015, 05:53 PM
Find
plutomaniac Offline
Super Moderator

Threads: 45
Make sure that your display supports the resolution you set at the launcher and that your desktop color depth is set to 32-bit. Also, make sure your DPI is set to default 100%. Edge cropping is usually caused by DPI scaling.

I haven't tested Penumbra the last year or so but if "disabling DPI scaling" crashes it, try adjusting it from Windows. Set to the default (100%) and not higher or lower. Does that solve the issue?
09-20-2015, 09:57 PM
Find
Jump to the post that solved this thread.