Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Unable to create profile, game crashes upon close
Otik
Unregistered

Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago Unable to create profile, game crashes upon close
I have recently purchased Amnesia: A Machine for Pigs and The Dark Descent from Steam. When I start the game, it runs; however when I get to the create profile screen, I am unable to create a profile. I enter a name to create a profile, but when I click "create", no there are no profiles. I have even tried clicking "delete" and it says "there are no profiles to delete".

In addition to this issue, when I close the game, it crashes. If you could help me with this issue, it would be much appreciated!

- Otik
09-21-2015, 11:22 PM
Mudbill Offline
Muderator

Threads: 59
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago RE: Unable to create profile, game crashes upon close
The profile issue is that the game does not have permission to write to your Documents folder. You can fix that by running the game as an administrator. You can do so by right clicking the Amnesia.exe in your install directory. Additionally you can go to its properties and check the box that will make it always run as an administator.

As for the crash, please provide the log.

09-21-2015, 11:52 PM
Find
Jump to the post that solved this thread.