Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gamebreaking invisible wall Theta Lab (PS4)
greger
Unregistered

Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago Gamebreaking invisible wall Theta Lab (PS4)
Love SOMA, but on my second playthru i'm unable to proceed because of an invisible wall hindering me from entering the compound examiner in Theta lab.
Tried reverting to earlier saves, doing things in different order and rebooting game.
This was on PS4.

09-24-2015, 09:22 PM
Patrik Offline
Frictional Games

Threads: 3
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago RE: Gamebreaking invisible wall Theta Lab (PS4)
Did you try loading the latest save from the previous level? The saves called Theta Entrance?
09-24-2015, 09:31 PM
Find
Unregistered

(09-24-2015, 09:31 PM)Patrik Wrote: Did you try loading the latest save from the previous level? The saves called Theta Entrance?

Yep, tried a bunch of earlier saves. Went back to right after where you restart the mainframe as the furthest. Also tried doing the survey and the memory puzzle in the lab before the examiner.
09-24-2015, 09:41 PM
Unregistered

I have the same glitch, just happened now. Playing on the PC Steam version of the game, second playthrough as well.

I've (PC user above) tried it again, and ran over to press the button before Catherine finishes talking about the machine.

The door got halfway open, a loud clank sound was heard and then the door slammed shut and the monitor over the switch turned off.

If you try to open the door and enter after this happens, the invisible wall bug occurs. Guessing there is some sort of scripting issue? Maybe it's triggering you having entered the scanner before you even get a chance to step inside?
09-25-2015, 11:08 PM
Thomas Offline
Frictional Games

Threads: 184
greger: Could you reload from the start of this level, and then avoid doing as the last poster described. We will look into this and try and have it fixed in the upcoming PS4 patch.
09-25-2015, 11:27 PM
Find
Thomas Offline
Frictional Games

Guest (On PC): Super thanks for letting us know how to repro! This should make it easy to fix!
09-25-2015, 11:28 PM
Find
Unregistered

Hi Thomas,

PC user again - just to clarify, it seems impossible to proceed further no matter what order I do things in. If I don't open the door immediately, I still hear the clank and the invisible wall still appears.

By rushing over before Catherine finished speaking I hoped to somehow get to the scanner before the bug occured, but that didn't seem to work.
09-26-2015, 12:33 AM
Greger
Unregistered

(09-25-2015, 11:27 PM)Thomas Wrote: greger: Could you reload from the start of this level, and then avoid doing as the last poster described.

I actually streamed the game when the bug happend, feel pretty stupid for just realizing that but better later then never i guess. It's pretty mutch exactly as PC gamer described it.

Bug highlighted here:
http://www.twitch.tv/opzimath/v/17759066
09-26-2015, 01:11 AM
Thomas Offline
Frictional Games

Thanks for the video, will look into it!
09-28-2015, 08:54 AM
Find
Patrik Offline
Frictional Games

Threads: 3
There should be a fix for this in the next patch, but you will have to load a save from before catherine started talking about the scanner for it to take effect.
For now you SHOULD be able to continue the game by rushing for the button and then crouching through the door opening before Catherine finishes talking.
09-28-2015, 11:49 AM
Find
Jump to the post that solved this thread.