Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Screen tearing making game unplayable
Unregistered

Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago RE: Screen tearing making game unplayable
:/ I could technically play it, but as some of the textures will not load, it would definitely take away from the experience. Would you not agree that seeing through walls and objects kind of takes away from the horror?

:/ I could technically play it, but because some of the textures will not load, it would definitely take away from the experience. Would you not agree that seeing through walls and items would take away from the horror?

:/ I could technically play it, but because some of the textures will not load, it would definitely take away from the experience. Would you not agree that seeing through walls and items would take away from the horror?
09-26-2015, 05:37 PM
Filizitas Offline

Threads: 7
I agree that you have a big issue there but i cant help it. I dont what that error exactly mean. But im eager to find out. Keep on trying.

Tentacle raping guy is coming for ya Q.Q Watcha gonna do?
09-26-2015, 05:39 PM
Find
Unregistered

Sorry about that ^^;; I messed up

What can I keep on trying? :/ I'm thinking of just getting a refund. I'm sad to do it as I was very excited for this game. It looks brilliant but sadly I haven't been able to fix it for a long time and people have already completed the game.
09-26-2015, 05:39 PM
Kein Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 22
Filizitas
Not related to the issue.
GTX675M (mobile chip) is just too weak.

Speaking of which, people who have issues - are you sure game uses dedicated GPU and not the integrated one? On your laptop, right-click on the SOMA exe or shortcut and select "Use Dedicated GPu/GeForce for the application".

Very often some games just start with integrated one because Optimus isn't really perfect.

"Avoid Capture"
Bugs/Tricks Gallery:
1 | 2 | 3
09-26-2015, 11:11 PM
Find
Unregistered

I figured out the issue for me at least! SOMA does not support Intel Graphics Card :/ Maybe they'll add a patch sometime for it? Hopefully this will help someone!
09-27-2015, 04:22 AM
Romulator Offline
Not Tech Support ;-)

Threads: 63
SOMA does not use Intel Graphics Cards because the software SOMA runs on is usually incompatiable with Intel's settings and drivers.

The best you can hope for is to try to update your drivers by following the instructions in the Graphics Card Troubleshooting guide, and if that does not work, then the game will not work for you unless you have another graphics card available or installed.

Discord: Romulator#0001
[Image: 3f6f01a904.png]
09-27-2015, 04:26 AM
Find
Jump to the post that solved this thread.