Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help with the HPL Level Editor of SOMA
LordOfDragons Offline

Threads: 14
Help with the HPL Level Editor of SOMA

I am having some kind of trouble making a simple room with HPL3 right now...
I originally didnt want to make a thread for this and just keep searching, but my orientation in level editors isn't that good

I am trying to find the ground textures (Like the wooden floor in Simon's appartment at the beginning). I looked everywhere but i cant find what i am looking for... In the old level editor, i found them in Primitives>Static_objects.

But im not sure. I didnt really want to continue browsing through every little detail of the editor, so i decided to make a thread about it. Can anyone help me or explain how to find whatever im looking for faster? I've been browsing around for hours now ._.

Any tips about the level editor and it's directories?

The question that will never be answered:
SOMA WHY ARE YOU SO BEAUTIFUL? ;_;
09-27-2015, 01:12 PM
Find
Slanderous Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 78
RE: Help with the HPL Level Editor of SOMA

Static objects/urban/floor -> Simon's and doctor's areas textures

Static objects/station/floor -> Pathos 2 stuff
(This post was last modified: 09-27-2015, 02:10 PM by Slanderous.)
09-27-2015, 02:09 PM
Find
LordOfDragons Offline

(09-27-2015, 02:09 PM)Slanderous Wrote: Static objects/urban/floor -> Simon's and doctor's areas textures

Static objects/station/floor -> Pathos 2 stuff

Oh, thanks.
The LE has so many directories and things, that it can get a bit confusing finding something sometimes ._.

09-27-2015, 02:16 PM
Find
MsHannerBananer Offline

Threads: 34

As an alternative, when looking for something, you could always go to the 'entity' and 'static' object folders inside of SOMA and do a generic search for what you're looking for, like floor, wall, bed, etc.

Then there's the other work around, which is opening the level you saw what you were looking for inside of, and checking what it's named there, and figuring out where it's located in the directory by clicking the triple dot beneath the 'mesh' or 'material' heading in the general tab of what you have selected.

10-04-2015, 04:07 AM
Find
Slanderous Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 78

(10-04-2015, 04:07 AM)MsHannerBananer Wrote: As an alternative, when looking for something, you could always go to the 'entity' and 'static' object folders inside of SOMA and do a generic search for what you're looking for, like floor, wall, bed, etc.

Then there's the other work around, which is opening the level you saw what you were looking for inside of, and checking what it's named there, and figuring out where it's located in the directory by clicking the triple dot beneath the 'mesh' or 'material' heading in the general tab of what you have selected.

Don't forget to mention that there is a search tab in the editor itself as well!
(This post was last modified: 10-04-2015, 05:21 PM by Slanderous.)
10-04-2015, 05:21 PM
Find
LordOfDragons Offline

Thanks for your replies. The thread was kind of useless anyways. I should have known, there is a search function...
But anyways, thanks for helping.

10-04-2015, 05:44 PM
Find